Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, festivalsaregood said:

Catfish announcement tomorrow will be All Points East in London. 

R&L is late announcing because they were slow to book stuff. Only booked the first headliner early this year. Nothing to do with the PR company. 

Wheres the evidence its just people who have been here time seeing with someone who is new claiming this is a little odd. Where did you find this information?

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Catfish and the Bottlemen playing All Points East is the least plausible thing about what they said.

Yeah I've just had a look at previous lineups and I take that back, I believe none of what they said.

Edited by TheWaters

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

There haven't been any previous lineups, this is its first year :P Still, Catfish definitely wouldn't fit there.

I searched previous lineups and a few pics came up, mainly LCD Soundsystem, The XX and Bjork so I'm guessing that's this year then? Haha oops. But yeah, definitely can't see Catfish there.

23 minutes ago, festivalsaregood said:

Catfish announcement tomorrow will be All Points East in London. 

R&L is late announcing because they were slow to book stuff. Only booked the first headliner early this year. Nothing to do with the PR company. 

poor effort

7 minutes ago, zak14 said:

I doubt Stormzy would be anything other than a sub at this point

Yeah he could probably do a sub, I'm thinking he'll play on the foo fighters day as that would give something for the majority of 16-18 year olds who wouldn't really be seeing foo fighters. He played under catfish, the kooks and kasabian last year at TRNSMT so I reckon reading would favour an indie/rock sub over him. But that's just my guess - he is defo big enough to be a sub too.

Just now, festivalsaregood said:

Well, what can I say. Wait and see what the show tomorrow is. I bet you £20 it'll be an All Points East show on 1 June in Victoria Park. 

Bloody hell, £20. He must be telling the truth lads, that much money is nothing to joke about.

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I searched previous lineups and a few pics came up, mainly LCD Soundsystem, The XX and Bjork so I'm guessing that's this year then? Haha oops. But yeah, definitely can't see Catfish there.

Yeah there's a 3 day festival part of it and then a weekend later there are standalone 'APE Presents' shows.

Festival part is as follows for the top 3 acts:

LCD Soundsystem / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Phoenix

The xx / Lorde / Sampha

Björk / Beck / Father John Misty

'APE Presents' is currently this (there was supposed to be a third day but I feel like it isn't happening now, certainly won't be Catfish anyway :P):

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds / Patti Smith / St. Vincent

The National / The War on Drugs / Future Islands

Yeah there's a 3 day festival part of it and then a weekend later there are standalone 'APE Presents' shows.

Festival part is as follows for the top 3 acts:

LCD Soundsystem / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Phoenix

The xx / Lorde / Sampha

Björk / Beck / Father John Misty

'APE Presents' is currently this (there was supposed to be a third day but I feel like it isn't happening now, certainly won't be Catfish anyway :P):

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds / Patti Smith / St. Vincent

The National / The War on Drugs / Future Islands

Ahhh right, yeah no definitely not the sort of place Catfish would turn up lmao.

I guess the only way I could see it happening is if the planned third APE Presents headliner fell through and they decided to just put an outdoor Catfish gig on at the venue instead so as not to waste a day when they could be making money. Don't see it, though.

Catfish seem to be having an increasing tendency to play at unexpected places that have a capacity just about big enough that it will sell out. E.g. they played ricoh arena, derby arena, don valley bowl, castlefield bowl on their last tour, and they're playing Cardiff castle, spillers wharf next year 

2 minutes ago, festivalsaregood said:

How about, if I'm correct, you never post on efestivals ever again? 

If I'm wrong, I'll never post again.

You're quite the betting person, aren't you?

Of course I've got no way of knowing if you've genuinely got info or not, but when an account comes with 2 posts saying pretty unbelievable info (Catfish) and info that can't really be proved and is also unbelievable (R&L not booking an act till this year) then I'm inclined to think it was a poor attempt at trolling.

But no, if you're correct I'm not going to stop posting on eFests. Props to you if you're right. I might even PayPal you your £20.