Lineup 2018

43 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Then the Biffy booking in ‘16 really broke the rules 

Tbf it was only really the ‘five year rule’ that was ever a thing. Once that was broken, people weren’t wary of distance between slots anymore and quite a few predicted Biffy for that year (correctly or falsely, given they were a replacement).

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf it was only really the ‘five year rule’ that was ever a thing. Once that was broken, people weren’t wary of distance between slots anymore and quite a few predicted Biffy for that year (correctly or falsely, given they were a replacement).

Who were they a replacement for by the way? Can't remember off the top of my head. 

22 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Who were they a replacement for by the way? Can't remember off the top of my head. 

Not sure. It was mostly unspecified and I think the only name we ever got was Radiohead, but many don’t believe that.

6 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Kendrick Lamar is confirmed for a swedish festival (Way out West) 9-11 august

Ayyy

20 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Saw this on twitter. Looks like a cool lineup but obviously fake! Wolf Alice wouldn't be that high up and big sean wouldn't be that low. He would be main stage at least. Plus i very doubt Kanye will be there. 

2018-01-22_0936.png

It is fake yes think it was circulating on here a few months back but I disagree with your point on wolf alice, very much a 3rd down/ NME headliner at this stage and doubt they'll get any less if they're there in August.

Dates of poster announcement in last few years.

2017: 24th Feb

2016: 1st Mar

2015: 24th Feb

I don’t think now that the BRIT Awards take place on the same week, it’s because they’re gonna roll it out during the ceremony.

edit: this would also mean that they don’t announce that there’ll be an announcement, which I can’t recall happening in recent years.

Edited by dentalplan

Aye if them announcing during BRITS week is anything to do with Foos I imagine it'd be because they wanna capitalise on Foos' publicity from the awards, rather than because Foos are performing there.

Haven't checked but presumably Kendrick is up for a few awards, too? So it'd work for him, too.

Presumably the shitshow of other acts Dan gave us aren't up for awards because fuck me.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye if them announcing during BRITS week is anything to do with Foos I imagine it'd be because they wanna capitalise on Foos' publicity from the awards, rather than because Foos are performing there.

Haven't checked but presumably Kendrick is up for a few awards, too? So it'd work for him, too.

Presumably the shitshow of other acts Dan gave us aren't up for awards because fuck me.

Foo’s, Kendrick and Royal Blood are all up for awards which would be convenient if those are the headliners.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Kendrick is up for best international group and Royal Blood is also nominated for something iirc

EDIT: ninja'd goddamit

Edited by Mattymooz

Also great news on Kendrick so today. Give us a good undercard for him ffs R&L.

Vampire Weekend/Tame Impala/CHVRCHES subbing (or if they're feeling super kind, VW third below one of the other two), plus some other good shit spread through the other stages (a couple of Alvvays, The Cribs, King Krule, The Horrors, Princess Nokia, King Gizz, Gaslight doing '59 Sound, Shame).

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dates of poster announcement in last few years.

2017: 24th Feb

2016: 1st Mar

2015: 24th Feb

I don’t think now that the BRIT Awards take place on the same week, it’s because they’re gonna roll it out during the ceremony.

edit: this would also mean that they don’t announce that there’ll be an announcement, which I can’t recall happening in recent years.

They haven't revealed any headliners yet have they? They've gone back to the old way where they'd announce it all in one go.