Lineup 2018

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Although I love them i don't think many other 16-18 year olds would know who they are , and they're doing quite a few UK shows in April - none of which have sold out yet -  so I'm not sure how well they'd be received . Tbh if they played alongside AM that would work, but if they played with foos you'd have to have a very strong other British artist to coheadline with royal blood cos both foos and arcade fire are from north America and r+l usually always have a British headliner right ?

I guess it depends on whether they'd want to try and appeal to Glastonbury goers or not. Last time Glastonbury wasn't on they had The Cure, so I wouldn't out anyone who isn't down with the kids. I saw Pixies as a SR, so it suggests they're looking at older attendees, as otherwise they'd be really out of place with the Stormzy crowd. 

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Which turned into 3 cans of diet Coke or cheap beer in the end. No free burger either. 

Pretty sure my group of friends all got the free burger. 

Also collected a lot of skol that other festivalgoers had tossed away as soon as they walked in the entrance. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Pretty sure my group of friends all got the free burger. 

Also collected a lot of skol that other festivalgoers had tossed away as soon as they walked in the entrance. 

Maybe I arrived too late for the token then. I really don't remember getting a free burger. 

Reckon Arcade Fire could work if it was a 2 stage / 6 headliner thing - they could afford to do something a bit different with one of them and if they were playing before someone like AM then I think it'd work fine. Although if the 2 stage thing is false then yeah I can't see them getting booked again any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Maybe I arrived too late for the token then. I really don't remember getting a free burger. 

I recall the big hoopla was that the ‘Free Burger’ became ‘Free Breakfast Bap’ (redeemable before 12pm) so, like, yer burger at teatime you still have to pay for, obviously in addition to that free beer being one Skol at your camp and not a cold pint in the arena.

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

Is Jack White likely at all? 

Nah. Touring too early on it seems.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I recall the big hoopla was that the ‘Free Burger’ became ‘Free Breakfast Bap’ (redeemable before 12pm) so, like, yer burger at teatime you still have to pay for, obviously in addition to that free beer being one Skol at your camp and not a cold pint in the arena.

Ah yeah, that was it. Yeah I definitely didn't bother with that. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Nah. Touring too early on it seems.

I've seen bands do early summer in Europe, than North America (Lollapalooza etc), then do Fuji Rock and then back to Europe Pukkelpop/Rock En Seine/Reading & Leeds. Although R/L line ups don't really mirror those festivals anymore. 

1 minute ago, moams said:

What about Feeder making an appearance? They did a load of smaller festivals last year and they're doing a UK tour in March after releasing The Best Of album. Always put on a good show as well.

Possible shout if they're active post-Spring. Possible FR headliner, but then there's lots of those. 

1 hour ago, moams said:

What about Feeder making an appearance? They did a load of smaller festivals last year and they're doing a UK tour in March after releasing The Best Of album. Always put on a good show as well.

I really like feeder but their uk tour doesn't look to be selling too well - but I reckon it could work if they headline a smaller stage against Kendrick/Royal blood And whoever they coheadline with. Some of the rock fans - myself included - would probably go and see them over Kendrick.

Speaking of tour plans, Pearl Jam have a nice late August break in their US stadium dates;

08/08 Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field
08/10 Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field
08/13 Missoula, MT @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium
08/18 Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
08/20 Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
09/02 Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
09/04 Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Speaking of tour plans, Pearl Jam have a nice late August break in their US stadium dates;

Interesting gap, but surely not? Would R&L really book them anymore? Idk if I can see it. Then again, if this 2 stages thing is true, who knows what they have planned at the minute.

14 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Swear these were pearl jams dates for 2016 not 2018 !! Lol

The only shows they're doing next year are South American shows in March and 14 European shows in June and July .  The 2 London shows have been advertised as their only UK shows of 2018 so they won't play r+l :(

Wait no I got my facts wrong I didn't realise their tour dates had been leaked sorry!!

Edited by R Shah

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

These were pearl jams dates for 2016 not 2018 !! Lol

The only shows they're doing next year are South American shows in March and 14 European shows in June and July .  The 2 London shows have been advertised as their only UK shows of 2018 so they won't play r+l :(

Websites are reporting this as leaked dates for this year. I've double checked, there is some correlation with 2016 dates but these seem new. And there's ways around the only UK shows of 2018 thing in terms of marketing.

Still doubtful nonetheless. 

17 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

No chance.

16 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Interesting gap, but surely not? Would R&L really book them anymore? Idk if I can see it. Then again, if this 2 stages thing is true, who knows what they have planned at the minute.

No they wouldn't.

16 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I love that the 2 stage rumour has given us so much discussion and we're doubting things we were almost certain of before :lol:

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Haha, I just responded to point this out. They are awfully similar though. 

3 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Websites are reporting this as leaked dates for this year. I've double checked, there is some correlation with 2016 dates but these seem new. And there's ways around the only UK shows of 2018 thing in terms of marketing.

Still doubtful nonetheless. 

As unlikely as it is, I am hopeful they could do Glasgow summer sessions and r+l in that time because they haven't played Scotland in 17 years and it would mean I could sell my tickets to their o2 arena shows which are seats right at the top cos they went so bloody fast!