Lineup 2018

31 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Yeah I think I trust Neil and everyone else who's suggested him more than this "info".

Just relaying my info from someone that has given me correct (and some incorrect) stuff in the past. By no means ruling Kendrick out, just stating that he is definitely not the only one to be considered for the slot. I’m hoping for him as much as anyone! 

Edited by AYW13

Against the current would be a band to look out for. Not this year as they’re over in America but I saw them when they supported Good Charlotte last year and they were pretty good plus they are supporting FOB this year (if that can be considered a good thing) and they are female fronted so it will keep all the haters quiet. 

Edited by moams

33 minutes ago, Smithster said:

My Chemical Romance.

21 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Just came here to post that. Saw they have changed the tour dates in their website to "coming soon" or something like that

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/news/mcrx-tour-3362701

"updated by blurryface July 2016"

Yeah, just another false alarm. Comes from around the time when rumours were circulating from the Black Parade 10th Anniversary tour. People thought it might be another tour but it was just another reissue. Though looking online, the screen shots seem to be missing that post thing so they've could have updated it then changed it but I doubt it. 

Anyway their tour page is blank now

EDIT: god dammit @FloorFiller

Edited by justanothername

19 minutes ago, moams said:

Against the current would be a band to look out for. Not this year as they’re over in America but I saw them when they supported Good Charlotte last year and they were pretty good plus they are supporting FOB this year (if that can be considered a good thing) and they are female fronted so it will keep all the haters quiet. 

New album coming this year as well. I know they played last year but I'd be surprised if they didn't play again.

Edited by Jericode

4 hours ago, AYW13 said:

Hi everyone, I’m quite new to the site but I have various things that have been passed to me recently and flicking through, some things contradict my information.

- Foos will be there, 100%, AM - no chance.

- The two stage thing is not happening

- Unfortunately there most likely won’t be an announcement this week

- Don’t be so sure on Kendrick, other big names from the genre were being looked at, potentially to reach out to former V customers <_<

Anyway, really enjoying the thread

I guess this means they could be looking at booking Drake??

32 minutes ago, Jericode said:

New album coming this year as well. I know they played last year but I'd be surprised if they didn't play again.

They won't be there this year they're over in Mexico over the weekend but could see them in 2019 high up the NME or even headline the FR tent.

Reason to why i think foos are near enough nailed on is because 

1 - They have 3 stad shows that sold so quickly and didn't even add an extra date! Meaning they have a late summer show at a fest?

2 - They left a gap in August for what i think is R&L (hoping)

3 - They last played 2012 and why wouldn't they want to come back! Plus R&L wont miss an opportunity like it. 

4 - Dave Grohl said himself that they love playing at R&L and its one of there favourite places to play! So why would they decline an offer if they got one.

5 - They have just been overall strongly rumoured since R&L 2017 finished! 

Get these motherfuckers booked :D 

Edited by Edduk98

The two stage thing sounds like another dumb idea from FR. It works with Primavera, where you can walk between the two stages. But I suspect it would be more like Riot Fest with a barrier in between, making it harder to go between stages for the headline acts and then just having to watch bands with people talking over them and killing the atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, MattLD7 said:

Is there any chance Frank Carter will be back? I know he's been there for the past 2 years. But he's excellent every time 

I really hope so. I have him in my prediction as subbing or headlining the lock up (not quite sure if he's big enough but I needed somewhere to put him in as I'd love to see him there and he's played NME and Main last two years).

Edited by TheWaters

32 minutes ago, Harry Austin said:

FOB co-headlined like 2 years ago, why would they be booked again so soon?

No one can understand why they headlined in the first place so I think we’ve all just accepted we have no clue what they’re doing with Fall Out Boy.

1 minute ago, MattLD7 said:

Is there any chance Frank Carter will be back? I know he's been there for the past 2 years. But he's excellent every time 

There’s a chance but it’s probably best to give him a year off and a big slot in returning.

11 hours ago, Bisque said:

Say it is all male. Apart from Paramore, who could headline who is female or a female frontman. I can only think of:

Bjork - not suited to R&L

Blondie - not very good, wouldn't sell

Flo & the Mac - go ahead

Cvrches - not big enough yet

Madonna - would be jokes

Katy Perry - would be jokes in a good way

Lady GaGa - I'd enjoy but R&L 18yo's wouldn't care - I was at uni when Poker Face came out

Beyonce - not a chance unless she joined Jay-Z & they'd book Drake, Kanye etc over him despite his sets being amazing (see Wireless or Hackney Weekend)

Rihanna - see you at the new V with Calvin

Rita Ora - no chance

Lorde - not a headliner but decent

Milly - she goes to Leeds now

edit: I meant female frontwoman

Get Brutus to headline 

They'd have the double whammy of a female artist without the act being shite.

Everyones a winner 

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Arcade Fire have 3 females, but I suppose they're not V Festival enough for Reading these days. 

Unless they’ve added someone very recently, it’s just Regine and Sarah afaik. But yeah I don’t see them at R+L nowadays given the reaction when they were briefly rumoured on these boards a few months ago for this year - if even forum nerds can’t agree they’d be dope then the masses would go shit.

8 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Arcade Fire have 3 females, but I suppose they're not V Festival enough for Reading these days. 

Although I love them i don't think many other 16-18 year olds would know who they are , and they're doing quite a few UK shows in April - none of which have sold out yet -  so I'm not sure how well they'd be received . Tbh if they played alongside AM that would work, but if they played with foos you'd have to have a very strong other British artist to coheadline with royal blood cos both foos and arcade fire are from north America and r+l usually always have a British headliner right ?

Edited by R Shah

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Unless they’ve added someone very recently, it’s just Regine and Sarah afaik. But yeah I don’t see them at R+L nowadays given the reaction when they were briefly rumoured on these boards a few months ago for this year - if even forum nerds can’t agree they’d be dope then the masses would go shit.

Yeah I've not managed to listen to Everything Now yet, but everyone I know who likes them hated it. I saw their highlights from IOW and it miles away from their Reading set in 2010, which is still the best live set I've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

The two stage thing sounds like another dumb idea from FR. It works with Primavera, where you can walk between the two stages. But I suspect it would be more like Riot Fest with a barrier in between, making it harder to go between stages for the headline acts and then just having to watch bands with people talking over them and killing the atmosphere. 

What was the last dumb idea from FR?

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

Yeah I've not managed to listen to Everything Now yet, but everyone I know who likes them hated it. I saw their highlights from IOW and it miles away from their Reading set in 2010, which is still the best live set I've ever seen. 

I really like it but it was certainly very polarising, however I think even most who hated it would still like to see them live again. They sold out standing at most, if not all of their UK dates on the morning of release (and it’s an in the round tour so that’s probably the only ticket worth getting) so I don’t think people have gone off them in large numbers.

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Although I love them i don't think many other 16-18 year olds would know who they are , and they're doing quite a few UK shows in April - none of which have sold out yet -  so I'm not sure how well they'd be received . Tbh if they played alongside AM that would work, but if they played with foos you'd have to have a very strong other British artist to coheadline with royal blood cos both foos and arcade fire are from north America and r+l usually always have a British headliner right ?

I don’t think that’s a rule, more just a trend derived from who’s popular and available. Some of the best headliner sets they’ve had didn’t have any British headliners.