Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Hmm all three headliners at once? I'd love that but would they really go back to that?

Wouldn't surprise me at this point. Or perhaps announcing two of the headliners with one TBA, but still having the day splits.

My prediction would be:

Arctic Monkeys / Royal Blood - I feel the wait is on AM's account to announce comeback as main headline, since the wait before they could book again is too long since people would probably have seen them already. RB I don't feel are big enough to headline and the chemistry between the two is reason for RB to sub them.

QOTSA and Kendrick Lamar  - In my opinion the secret set of QOTSA is too much to ignore, nothing booked in August and perfect chance at RandL, the fact they are doing Finsbury Park, like a practice and feel they are big enough. Feel they would at least co-headline. Don't think they wouldn't put a rapper on the bill because of the appeal of grime. This day would sell better with two established acts as well with a contrast day. Do think though it's a risk and they would both co-headline.

Florence ATM / Paramore   - After the push of women headliners I truly feel Florence will get her chance. She is not got any shows planned and feel this is RandL's chance to get her on the bill. A bit like if they do not have AM on next year. Feel Paramore are not big enough to headline or co-headline and supporting Florence would support this day for the more 'pop' demographic.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Could the wait be because they are awaiting till the Arctic Monkeys announce return? Then have them headlining?

They would just announce the other 2 acts first. Kendrick and Foos are very likely at this point, so either could have been announced this time and in the January announcement, and Arctics could have been held till the March announcement

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

My prediction would be:

Arctic Monkeys / Royal Blood - I feel the wait is on AM's account to announce comeback as main headline, since the wait before they could book again is too long since people would probably have seen them already. RB I don't feel are big enough to headline and the chemistry between the two is reason for RB to sub them.

QOTSA and Kendrick Lamar  - In my opinion the secret set of QOTSA is too much to ignore, nothing booked in August and perfect chance at RandL, the fact they are doing Finsbury Park, like a practice and feel they are big enough. Feel they would at least co-headline. Don't think they wouldn't put a rapper on the bill because of the appeal of grime. This day would sell better with two established acts as well with a contrast day. Do think though it's a risk and they would both co-headline.

Florence ATM / Paramore   - After the push of women headliners I truly feel Florence will get her chance. She is not got any shows planned and feel this is RandL's chance to get her on the bill. A bit like if they do not have AM on next year. Feel Paramore are not big enough to headline or co-headline and supporting Florence would support this day for the more 'pop' demographic.

Arctics have shown no signs atm that they're gonna be back in time for fests next year. They were rumoured for Coachella a while ago but recent rumours dont have them in contention (now Beyonce/Weeknd/Chainsmokers). They havent been announced for anywhere either. Plus Royal Blood would be a huge sub, no way they would put that big of a sub under Arctics

QOTSA have said they aint doing other shows in England other than that one iirc. Secret set imo was due to it being the same day as their album release. They have a good relationship with the fest and were in Reading at the time anyways, made sense for a marketing move (defo gave them a ton of free publicity). Kendrick is also plenty big enough to solo headline at this point.

Paramore could easily coheadline, and imo could maybe soloheadline as well to save money (They have a large nostalgia value with their old fans and have bicked up a bunch of new ones with how diverse their new album is). Florence could also probably solo headline at this point too.

Overall if this is realistically what you think we might get then you're gonna be dissapointed

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Arctics have shown no signs atm that they're gonna be back in time for fests next year. They were rumoured for Coachella a while ago but recent rumours dont have them in contention (now Beyonce/Weeknd/Chainsmokers). They havent been announced for anywhere either. Plus Royal Blood would be a huge sub, no way they would put that big of a sub under Arctics

QOTSA have said they aint doing other shows in England other than that one iirc. Secret set imo was due to it being the same day as their album release. They have a good relationship with the fest and were in Reading at the time anyways, made sense for a marketing move (defo gave them a ton of free publicity). Kendrick is also plenty big enough to solo headline at this point.

Paramore could easily coheadline, and imo could maybe soloheadline as well to save money (They have a large nostalgia value with their old fans and have bicked up a bunch of new ones with how diverse their new album is). Florence could also probably solo headline at this point too.

Overall if this is realistically what you think we might get then you're gonna be dissapointed

Arctic Monkeys / Stereophonics  - Thats why I feel the announcement is delayed, waiting for them to announce comeback. Right about Royal Blood didn't think about that. The thing is with Foos I feel something would be known by now and there would be no point delaying the announcement of the usual time if they weren't. I have a feeling for AM, don't know if thats because I want them that badly but feel they are due to the next available slot in 2020 after doing Glastonbury and stadiums. Stereos could be a shout since they are headlining TRNSMT and an available act for most though I am very unsure they would. They did sell most tickets in there tour but haven't played in a long time that high up. Who do you think?

If its not AM then Foos will but at the moment I disagree with the hype and doubt they will to be honest. 

Florence ATM / Paramore - Still stick with this since they would both want to be booked, pop acts are cheaper and would be a good day for pop fans. Do feel nostalgia of Paramore isn't with teens who want to go after exams, a huge selling point and supporting a female artist like Florence could happen, I feel they would usually co-headline but the Kendrick and Royal Blood inclusion to the festival and the increase of younger bands like RB would mean they would co and these would be a headline and sub since I dont feel they would have two co-headliners on the weekend. 

Kendrick Lamar and Royal Blood  - Really do feel Kendrick will be there and if Josh Homme and QOTSA have said they are not doing other shows then a grime day could be on the cards. Royal Blood have to play next year because that just feels right and has evidence and is a strong rumour so this could be the contrast day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Arctic Monkeys / Stereophonics  - Thats why I feel the announcement is delayed, waiting for them to announce comeback. Right about Royal Blood didn't think about that. The thing is with Foos I feel something would be known by now and there would be no point delaying the announcement of the usual time if they weren't. I have a feeling for AM, don't know if thats because I want them that badly but feel they are due to the next available slot in 2020 after doing Glastonbury and stadiums. Stereos could be a shout since they are headlining TRNSMT and an available act for most though I am very unsure they would. They did sell most tickets in there tour but haven't played in a long time that high up. Who do you think?

If its not AM then Foos will but at the moment I disagree with the hype and doubt they will to be honest. 

Florence ATM / Paramore - Still stick with this since they would both want to be booked, pop acts are cheaper and would be a good day for pop fans. Do feel nostalgia of Paramore isn't with teens who want to go after exams, a huge selling point and supporting a female artist like Florence could happen, I feel they would usually co-headline but the Kendrick and Royal Blood inclusion to the festival and the increase of younger bands like RB would mean they would co and these would be a headline and sub since I dont feel they would have two co-headliners on the weekend. 

Kendrick Lamar and Royal Blood  - Really do feel Kendrick will be there and if Josh Homme and QOTSA have said they are not doing other shows then a grime day could be on the cards. Royal Blood have to play next year because that just feels right and has evidence and is a strong rumour so this could be the contrast day. 

I think the is the issue atm. All the Arctics fans on twitter have gotten themselves convinced Arctics will be touring next year because they want to see them, not because tof any actual evidence. Agreed I dunno why they have delayed the announcement, but even with AM there would be no reason for delaying the other 2 headliner announcements just for them. Stereophonics I doubt will be booked. They are always around and I dont think would shift many day tickets (TRNSMT is an interesting case, where imo they were planning on having 1 weekend and booked acts for that (Killers and another big act), but when the parade said they were going on that saturday they added an extra weekend last minute and filled it with low tier headliners who were available)

Again, Paramore happens to have a female in the band so your point about Florence doesnt make a lot of sense imo? Especially when Kendrick is so huge. If you agree Paramore could coheadline, as can Royal Blood, then surely it would make sense for them to coheadline? That way you end up with Kendrick, Paramore+Royal Blood and Arctics which is basically what this sub is predicting (other than foos swapped with Arctics)

45 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

My prediction would be:

Ive been thinking about that as well today, had the same feeling that they might be waiting for the monkeys to be able to announce their tour. I cant see them playing 2020 as their tours are always 2 years long so they will do either 2018 or 2019..

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think the is the issue atm. All the Arctics fans on twitter have gotten themselves convinced Arctics will be touring next year because they want to see them, not because tof any actual evidence. Agreed I dunno why they have delayed the announcement, but even with AM there would be no reason for delaying the other 2 headliner announcements just for them. Stereophonics I doubt will be booked. They are always around and I dont think would shift many day tickets (TRNSMT is an interesting case, where imo they were planning on having 1 weekend and booked acts for that (Killers and another big act), but when the parade said they were going on that saturday they added an extra weekend last minute and filled it with low tier headliners who were available)

Again, Paramore happens to have a female in the band so your point about Florence doesnt make a lot of sense imo? Especially when Kendrick is so huge. If you agree Paramore could coheadline, as can Royal Blood, then surely it would make sense for them to coheadline? That way you end up with Kendrick, Paramore+Royal Blood and Arctics which is basically what this sub is predicting (other than foos swapped with Arctics)

Their is very strong evidence that the next album (and tours) are coming 2018. the main evidence is that the band have actually said it themselves. David Adcock (the sound producer of the new album) announced last week that he is doing the final mix for "the hits of early 2018" as well as this, both the bass player and drummer (nick O'mally and Matt Helders) have told fans the album should be out next year.

is their any chance of a band headline both glasto and R+L in the same year, because if they dont play reading this year, 2019 will be their last tour until the 7th album 

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Exactly, its that little bit of hope that we are hanging onto since it will be four years since they last headlined and five since the album. I feel Florence is to pop for RandL and that might have seen me contradict myself somewhere. I think after analysing everything then on balance then Kendrick, Paramore and Royal Blood and a big Indie/Rock will be the lineup considering demographics and would be strong across the board despite the headliners being into my music aside from RB and AM. Could Noel sub a headliner since he sold out arenas and would follow Liams set this year?

Overall summing everything we have said it will be:

Arctic Monkeys or Foo Fighters 

Paramore and Royal Blood 

Kendrick Lamar 

Overall this would be strong overall, I suppose it depends what happens with Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys announcements of albums and gigs.

1 minute ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Their is very strong evidence that the next album (and tours) are coming 2018. the main evidence is that the band have actually said it themselves. David Adcock (the sound producer of the new album) announced last week that he is doing the final mix for "the hits of early 2018" as well as this, both the bass player and drummer (nick O'mally and Matt Helders) have told fans the album should be out next year.

is their any chance of a band headline both glasto and R+L in the same year, because if they dont play reading this year, 2019 will be their last tour until the 7th album 

No they wouldnt do it in the same year but they could easily do 2020. Arctics are big enough they could just do stadium dates instead of fests next year. Plus they haven't said when their next album is coming out. The fact we have heard nothing yet means we probably wont hear anything till at least the summer now, if not later. The album was rumoured to come out late this year, then early next year, I wouldnt be suprised if it doesnt come out till like September/October next year.

They could do R+L as a hype tour, but tbh they only played R+L in 2014 which was only 4 years ago, coming back again would be suprisingly quick (Foos will have left it 6 years, which if Arctics play in 2020 they would have left it the same time). Also the fact they are being dropped off these other rumoured festivals is a big sing imo. Coachella and TRNSMT were the only 2 i even heard them for, not Pukkelpop or Sziget which are the 2 that share a lot of acts with R+L

Foos in contrast have a gap in their tour dates that would allow them to do R+L (why would they leave a gamp for the whole of august if they're not doing that EU fest run?) They haven't played R+L forever and Dave says continuously its one of his favourite crowds to play to. Foos also have have an album out and that would be the first summer touring on it guaranteed. Plus arguably Foos are the bigger band, and would probably shift more tickets

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

No they wouldnt do it in the same year but they could easily do 2020. Arctics are big enough they could just do stadium dates instead of fests next year. Plus they haven't said when their next album is coming out. The fact we have heard nothing yet means we probably wont hear anything till at least the summer now, if not later. The album was rumoured to come out late this year, then early next year, I wouldnt be suprised if it doesnt come out till like September/October next year.

They could do R+L as a hype tour, but tbh they only played R+L in 2014 which was only 4 years ago, coming back again would be suprisingly quick (Foos will have left it 6 years, which if Arctics play in 2020 they would have left it the same time). Also the fact they are being dropped off these other rumoured festivals is a big sing imo. Coachella and TRNSMT were the only 2 i even heard them for, not Pukkelpop or Sziget which are the 2 that share a lot of acts with R+L

Foos in contrast have a gap in their tour dates that would allow them to do R+L (why would they leave a gamp for the whole of august if they're not doing that EU fest run?) They haven't played R+L forever and Dave says continuously its one of his favourite crowds to play to. Foos also have have an album out and that would be the first summer touring on it guaranteed. Plus arguably Foos are the bigger band, and would probably shift more tickets

Arctic Monkeys secret set. One can only dream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Paramore and Royal Blood 

Kendrick Lamar 

Overall this would be strong overall, I suppose it depends what happens with Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys announcements of albums and gigs.

As much as I love the arctic monkeys!!! foos are pretty much 1000% and I cant see them playing both in the same year. People are saying Paramore but why is that? do they have a tour then? and yeah it does seem like a line up that would suit the modern reading audience. I feel like its going to be :

Fri - Royal Blood/ QOTSA or Paramore

Sat- Foo's

Sunday - Kendrick

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Exactly, its that little bit of hope that we are hanging onto since it will be four years since they last headlined and five since the album. I feel Florence is to pop for RandL and that might have seen me contradict myself somewhere. I think after analysing everything then on balance then Kendrick, Paramore and Royal Blood and a big Indie/Rock will be the lineup considering demographics and would be strong across the board despite the headliners being into my music aside from RB and AM. Could Noel sub a headliner since he sold out arenas and would follow Liams set this year?

Paramore and Royal Blood 

Kendrick Lamar 

Yup. I doubt Arctics and Foos headline in the same year, but IF it happened I could see Paramore getting snubbed, and Royal Blood subbing (maybe getting some special guest status like 1975 last year, or maybe they do something like Citadel and come back next year?) but they would have to gut the rest of the undercard to afford that. However, that is VERY unlikely imo

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

A single should be out in January and the album around march (ish) 

Arctics have never played a festival or a gig without it being on a big tour since before their first album came out, and as I repeat, every tour they have ever done have always been up to 2 years long, so I cant see them doing R + L 2020.

But yea foo's are gonna be amazing!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alfie Clayton said:

As much as I love the arctic monkeys!!! foos are pretty much 1000% and I cant see them playing both in the same year. People are saying Paramore but why is that? do they have a tour then? and yeah it does seem like a line up that would suit the modern reading audience. I feel like its going to be :

Fri - Royal Blood/ QOTSA or Paramore

Sat- Foo's

Sunday - Kendrick

Paramore havent done a UK (or EU?) fest since their album this year. They played R+L fairly regularly when they where heavier, and IDK what other uk fests they could do? They also have an arena tour in January, so it would make more sense for them to want to do later fests than earlier ones.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Arctic Monkeys secret set. One can only dream.

You can dream, and I'm sure FR would love that to happen, but I doubt they will. IMO the 1975 are way more likely for a secret set, they can use the publicity to kickstart the next album cycle and as a precursor to their inevitable headline/coheadline show in 2019 (plus R+L is their fave festival)

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

if we dont get kendrick filling the 'alternative to rock' spot that we seem to get most years, who else is likely? would say drake or something but cant see it

idk my  non rock music that well but post Malone???? but I think kendrick is very likely

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

if we dont get kendrick filling the 'alternative to rock' spot that we seem to get most years, who else is likely? would say drake or something but cant see it

Drake agreed is the most likely, but I think they'd prefer him to do the new V fest. Maybe BBK but it seems a bit early to try and push them to headline. I guess a Swedish House Mafia reformation could probs do it, but I dont think thats on the cards lol