Lineup 2018

I know they've been discounted many times as they've never played the festival but Gorillaz are performing at Boomtown 2 weeks before R+L which means it's quite possible they'll be in the UK for a significant part of August, thoughts on them being a possibility now?

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

I know they've been discounted many times as they've never played the festival but Gorillaz are performing at Boomtown 2 weeks before R+L which means it's quite possible they'll be in the UK for a significant part of August, thoughts on them being a possibility now?

UK exclusive at Boomtown

7 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Tramlines has officially moved to Hillsborough Park now, almost certain they’ll have secured Arctic Monkeys for a huge homecoming.

“Almost certain” is a stretch as it is still massively outside the normal capabilities but it’s now opened the door to it happening as it woulda been unlikely if it stayed in the centre or something.

13 hours ago, Odessa said:

Unless he's not available then any trio that doesn't involve Kendrick would be stupid of the organisers imo. I love Arcade Fire, possibly more than Kendrick, but he absolutely has to be booked over them.

I agree but also I think getting him on at V would be clever. Many people would go to see him alone, and V needs people.

I'm pretty confident that AM are gonna be playing Tramlines as a UK festival exclusive, maybe even as their worldwide comeback show. It all just seems to add up nicely. If I was a betting man I'd put money on the not playing R&L 2018 at this point.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it's not really relevant but I know Coachella was mentioned by some in reasoning to Arctic Monkeys playing R+L. It's looking a lot like The Weeknd, Beyoncé and The Chainsmokers are the headliners out in Indio. And God help us all.

Chainsmokers? Ew fml

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm pretty confident that AM are gonna be playing Tramlines as a UK festival exclusive, maybe even as their worldwide comeback show. It all just seems to add up nicely. If I was a betting man I'd put money on the not playing R&L 2018 at this point.

Tramlines is only like £30/day isnt it? Cant see them headlining and only charging that amount lol

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also CHVRCHES are playing TRNSMT so they are defo back next year. Would be great to see them sub (tho tbh they could easy wait till next year too as if there is a coheadline there'd only be 2 sub slots)

Sub for whoever the other night is that isn't Royal Blood or Foo Fighters would be f9.

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tramlines is only like £30/day isnt it? Cant see them headlining and only charging that amount lol

£30 for three days at the moment. :P

But aye, it seems to me like pie in the sky wishlist stuff bc of the relocation but they are rumoured to be about Europe in July so they could swing by if they were willing to waive their normal fee and do something special. Plus it looks like it's either Tramlines or nowt for Arctic Monkeys in England if it's true that they're not doing R+L.

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it's not really relevant but I know Coachella was mentioned by some in reasoning to Arctic Monkeys playing R+L. It's looking a lot like The Weeknd, Beyoncé and The Chainsmokers are the headliners out in Indio. And God help us all.

I've seen

Surely the chainsmokers will be co with someone else because that's awful

Also Trnsmt announcing only 2 headliners makes me wonder who's being held back.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Christ that’s a pretty specifically aimed (and un-Coachella like) group of headliners if true. Not a rocket in site.

I know Chainsmokers blew up for a while there but headlining Coachella seems crazy. A big ‘how the fuck did that happen?’ in a couple of years time type headliner.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ that’s a pretty specifically aimed (and un-Coachella like) group of headliners if true. Not a rocket in site.

I know Chainsmokers blew up for a while there but headlining Coachella seems crazy. A big ‘how the fuck did that happen?’ in a couple of years time type headliner.

I mean, I get Beyonce and Weeknd are big but both in the same year seems like they're really cashing in on the R&B-pop stuff, and Chainsmokers also seem a bit wtf. Like sure they can be booked to sub just about OK but headline? Really? IIRC their show in London last year didnt even sell out

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, I get Beyonce and Weeknd are big but both in the same year seems like they're really cashing in on the R&B-pop stuff, and Chainsmokers also seem a bit wtf. Like sure they can be booked to sub just about OK but headline? Really? IIRC their show in London last year didnt even sell out

London isn't in America, though. If they're headlining Coachella I assume they're a bigger deal over there.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

London isn't in America, though. If they're headlining Coachella I assume they're a bigger deal over there.

Yeah obviously but I got the impression they weren't that much bigger over there. I certainly didnt hear about any of their shows selling out

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah obviously but I got the impression they weren't that much bigger over there. I certainly didnt hear about any of their shows selling out

Fair enough but I don't think I've ever heard anything about the sales of shows in America; it's hardly something that's going to be reported over here.

Chainsmokers is still the worst gig I've ever been to (saw them at big weekend). They played absolute shit and when they got around to their own songs he was miming, made obvious by the fact he talked between songs twice and you couldn't hear a word he was saying. Even their most popular song 'closer' they only did a thirty second snippet of. Dire act for a festival asking for nearly £400 a ticket.

Feel like the could hold off with Chvrches in 2018, potentially pushing them to coheadline in 2019 or a very strong sub.

In terms of top 5 main stage acts each day I'm thinking something along these lines:

Paramore / Royal Blood (coheadline)
Wolf Alice
The Wombats
Everything Everything

Foo Fighters
A Day to Remember
All Time Low
Post Malone
Mastodon

Kendrick Lamar
Stormzy
Vampire Weekend
Cage the Elephant
Lil Uzi Vert

1 minute ago, VCK said:

What about Tame Impala? Are they too big to not headline these days?

Looking pretty likely they're not touring in 2018. Currently they'd be a strong sub, but with the release of another album they'll probably be pushed to coheadline status.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Looking pretty likely they're not touring in 2018. Currently they'd be a strong sub, but with the release of another album they'll probably be pushed to coheadline status.

Can't see how they're a strong sub now. I think they'll still be okay to sub next album and hopefully get Bestival/Latitude/APE headline slot under their belts before being ready to make the leap to major festival headliners.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Feel like the could hold off with Chvrches in 2018, potentially pushing them to coheadline in 2019 or a very strong sub.

In terms of top 5 main stage acts each day I'm thinking something along these lines:

Paramore / Royal Blood (coheadline)
Wolf Alice
The Wombats
Everything Everything

Foo Fighters
A Day to Remember
All Time Low
Post Malone
Mastodon

Kendrick Lamar
Stormzy
Vampire Weekend
Cage the Elephant
Lil Uzi Vert

I would be very very happy with this to be fair.