Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nick Aldous said:

Arcade Fire for 2018? Haven't headlined since 2010. They may even be somewhat cheaper due to playing smaller venues recently and Everything Now getting mixed reviews?

 

arcade fire / Radiohead / Arctic monkeys is my dream haha

They’re in the frame but their first announced European festival date being two months before R+L doesn’t fit well for them doing next year’s fest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Is it likely that 'Jack Rocks This Feeling' will have their stage again next year? some quality sound came from there.

Yeah,saw Broken Witt Rebels there ,fantastic.

Really cool stage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See FR have got the Vaccines subbing community in July. Guessing this makes them more likely for 2019 now?

Also got Two Door Cinema Club headlining which is nice to see as they're a top band and good that they're not being forgot about like a lot of the noughties indie bands have been.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Glassjaw’s new song is really good and the album comes out tomorrow. Booking them to headline The Pit/Lockup would be amazing. 

The new album is amazing, I just want them somewhere so I can go see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Also got Two Door Cinema Club headlining which is nice to see as they're a top band and good that they're not being forgot about like a lot of the noughties indie bands have been.

Are TDCC a noughties band? Would've said they're an act of this decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Are TDCC a noughties band? Would've said they're an act of this decade.

Definitely. They were a band pushed for the relaunch of mainstream indie rock after it fizzled out at the end of the last decade.

I could see them subbing on the next album - FR seem infatuated with them at the moment and they did gather a crowd last year - but obviously no higher than that.

46 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

See FR have got the Vaccines subbing community in July. Guessing this makes them more likely for 2019 now?

Also got Two Door Cinema Club headlining which is nice to see as they're a top band and good that they're not being forgot about like a lot of the noughties indie bands have been.

Not necessarily. I think it’d be better for FR to have them play both rather than at the tour’s end again. They could announce them as late as they like really if they follow last year’s poster style which left off a few larger bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pearl Jam just announced Euro tour for early summer, including Werchter and 2x O2 arena. It was a wild prediction anyway but they got mentioned here several times. I guess this crosses them out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Also got Two Door Cinema Club headlining which is nice to see as they're a top band and good that they're not being forgot about like a lot of the noughties indie bands have been.

I mean they just played R+L two years in a row so it never looked like they've been forgotten about, at least by bookers. Gameshow flopped pretty hard though so it'll be interesting to see how long it is before they start falling down lineups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, R Shah said:

Their UK arena tour has had surprisingly high ticket sales for a band that had supposedly been 'forgotten about' , they've also just been booked for TRNSMT which shows they're defo being considered big enough for a UK festival, their new album got fairly good reviews  - I love it personally - and they haven't played in a while .

I see your point but have you considered the fact that its Stereophonics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda off topic (well they could play in 2018 I guess) but I've been listening to Joywave's first album a lot this week and some of it sounds like Two Door Cinema Club when they were good (in b4 "when were TDCC ever good?"). I would defo recommend checking out their track Now if you like TDCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coincidental plan said:

I see your point but have you considered the fact that its Stereophonics.

Yeah they're nowhere near as likely for that co headline slot with royal blood as florence, paramore, catfish etc but its still a small possibility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Evie18 said:

I was hoping for an announcement about the first announcement today :( surely on Monday?? 

Yeah kinda surprised we didnt hear anything but I guess they didn't want to cannablise the Community announcement? IDK I still think we'll get the announcement sometime next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aech said:

Off topic but why is The Pit called The Lock-Up on the Sunday?

The Lock-Up is the punk stage, named after a show for the genre on Radio 1. The Pit is just general rock and metal, but the lines between the two stages have become kinda blurred.

Took over from the Concrete Jungle in the early-2000's where it started out sharing a tent with the dance stage which was only one day of the three. Then about 2013 the Dance Stage got its own tent, and the remaining day was replaced with 'The Rock Stage', which was renamed 'The Pit' the in 2014 and the following year - after the guy behind The Lock Up (stage and radio show) left the BBC - The Lock-Up went down to one day and The Pit became two. Probably wouldn't be a surprise if it just became a three-day Pit stage at some point in the future.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayvk said:

Announcement of the announcement tomorrow then first announcement sometime in the week?

i'd think so, can't remember them leaving it this late in the past couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Do you think we will be getting an announcement this week??? (From Monday 4th)

Probably, likely to be later in the week (Thurs/Fri) hopefully with an announcement of the announcement tomorrow

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonnyx said:

Wasn't the pit the name chosen by a competition or some gash?.

Yea but it beat "The Hyphy Stage" so I suppose it coulda been worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The Lock-Up is the punk stage, named after a show for the genre on Radio 1. The Pit is just general rock and metal, but the lines between the two stages have become kinda blurred.

Took over from the Concrete Jungle in the early-2000's where it started out sharing a tent with the dance stage which was only one day of the three. Then about 2013 the Dance Stage got its own tent, and the remaining day was replaced with 'The Rock Stage', which was renamed 'The Pit' the in 2014 and the following year - after the guy behind The Lock Up (stage and radio show) left the BBC - The Lock-Up went down to one day and The Pit became two. Probably wouldn't be a surprise if it just became a three-day Pit stage at some point in the future.

That makes alot of sense looking at last years lineup now, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.