Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

I was expecting this lmao, say what you want but in my honest opinion it's the kind of rap that would go down really well. It's not trap, it's oldhead stuff, it's a balance of everything. Honestly I think it would go down pretty well. Just my opinion though.

Nah I'm only kidding around. Probably would go down well tbf but you just know that for the small slots/fees he would get, it wouldn't really be worth him travelling for, so he'll probably stick to doing U.S. shows and maybe one London gig somewhere down the line.

The problem with his album might be that it isn't trap, to be honest. The production is stellar, and when matched with him it just shows him up as being repetitive and boring with nowt to say. Obviously in trap that's pretty much same as just about anyone so he could've coasted by. :P

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I'm only kidding around. Probably would go down well tbf but you just know that for the small slots/fees he would get, it wouldn't really be worth him travelling for, so he'll probably stick to doing U.S. shows and maybe one London gig somewhere down the line.

The problem with his album might be that it isn't trap, to be honest. The production is stellar, and when matched with him it just shows him up as being repetitive and boring with nowt to say. Obviously in trap that's pretty much same as just about anyone so he could've coasted by. :P

Yeah I completely get what you're saying, like I said I don't particularly see it happening but I do feel he would go down well if it was to happen. Yeah I can see where you're coming from on the boring part, most of my favourite tracks are the ones that he's actually kind of hyped on like George Jeff, Rapper and Breakfast. But yeah, don't exactly see it happening, probably just wishful thinking from me.

2 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Yeah I completely get what you're saying, like I said I don't particularly see it happening but I do feel he would go down well if it was to happen. Yeah I can see where you're coming from on the boring part, most of my favourite tracks are the ones that he's actually kind of hyped on like George Jeff, Rapper and Breakfast. But yeah, don't exactly see it happening, probably just wishful thinking from me.

I think the festival scene and perhaps touring in general is just way too different a culture to a lot of US rappers as opposed to bands. I'm guessing it's a money thing cos you find rappers with even just a couple of mixtapes out are £20 or so a ticket while you'd pay not much more than that to see The Vaccines or Tame Impala. They must make enough bank doing PA sets at nightclubs local to where they live to never think about travelling up the M1.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Pale Waves just announced for BBC Sound Of Music 2018, can definitely see them making an appearance now, maybe opening NME even?

I think they were always the front runner for the limited indie rock bands that make that list; their hype is massive even if it is just The 1975 Juniors. 

I think it'll be either the early NME or performing to a large crowd somewhere on the FR bill. Sam Fender is on there too, same goes.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Damn Code Orange got nominated for a Grammy? Got me kinda stuck now as there are so many bands with the potential to open the main stage: Anteros, Yonaka, Code Orange, Pale Waves, Milk Teeth etc.

Think they'll get a main stage slot @ download and a high pit slot

Just seen R+L social media promote Craig David's new song on their instagram, could possibly be a hint but I'd have no idea where he'd slot. Not sure if he'd be suited to headlining 1xtra but could see him at the dance tent with the way his new music is sounding. Be a bit of an uninspiring booking but as long as there's someone else on it wouldn't bother me too much.

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Just seen R+L social media promote Craig David's new song on their instagram, could possibly be a hint but I'd have no idea where he'd slot. Not sure if he'd be suited to headlining 1xtra but could see him at the dance tent with the way his new music is sounding. Be a bit of an uninspiring booking but as long as there's someone else on it wouldn't bother me too much.

He's way bigger than 1xtra headliner. Don't think he'll play personally but if he does he'll have a bigger slot than that.

Dunno if you can look too much into who R&L promote on their social media. Could be wrong, and some probably will, but I can't imagine all the acts they've promoted/referenced on social media over the last few weeks will play the fest next year.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Dunno if you can look too much into who R&L promote on their social media. Could be wrong, and some probably will, but I can't imagine all the acts they've promoted/referenced on social media over the last few weeks will play the fest next year.

I don't normally look too much into it it's just worth speculating about. Think he'd be more suited to the new V fest.

12 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

The song they were posting about featured Bastille so there's a possibility they were just promoting cause Bastille were in the song

48 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I don't normally look too much into it it's just worth speculating about. Think he'd be more suited to the new V fest.

He subbed the old V Fest this year. If the hype died off a bit I could see him subbing the NME or something but I wouldn't expect that to happen for a while.