Lineup 2018

43 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Possibly could open the FR stage early for them like they did for Wolf Alice last year. 

EDIT; Actually scrap that idea. Probably going on the R1 stage, it was always starting half hour later than normal anyway so they’re probably starting at 11:30

Highly doubt that. I imagine they’re filling this gap on R1. 

C4EEAAEC-E08A-4EF5-BA71-07D61101035B.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Highly doubt that. I imagine they’re filling this gap on R1. 

C4EEAAEC-E08A-4EF5-BA71-07D61101035B.jpeg

That gap is due to someone pulling out recently. Usually at Reading they do an early secret set, Peace was probably planned ages ago, not as a last minute replacement. If they are playing in that big gap Peace may clash with Frank Carter and it seems stupid to have two secret sets clashing. 

They would've made sense as a replacement but then that would have been announced rather than being a secret. A good rule of thumb is that a band does a secret set on the next stage they're too big for. And Peace on the BBC Introducing Stage fits that description nowadays, sadly.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Brockhampton's crowd looked nuts, would have loved to have been there for that.

Was painful haha but very much worth it.

on my way home now as people as I with got a bit cold and wet and wanted to leave. Highlights for me have got to be  BMTH, Skindred, Brockhampton, what I can remember of Travis, Kendrick,and Frank Carter.

Travis Scott put on one of the best shows I have seen in my whole life last night at Leeds and wiped the floor with everyone else who played. Just flawless in every way. I had so much fun down the front in the pits. Pyro and CO2 were unbelievable. That was a headline worthy performance even if the crowd was much smaller than I expected. 

Post Malone drew the biggest crowd of the day by a country mile and I really feel he could have headlined this year the amount of people who were around specifically to watch his set. It felt like a proper event. He seemed to be the name on everyone’s lips as to who they were there to see most. 

Fall Out Boy were really good and I enjoyed their setlist as there was a lot of oldies in there. Absolutely horrific crowd for a headliner, though. It was super thin near the sound tower and I walked around the barrier to the front of the stage with ease and there was loads and loads of room. Again, Post Malone drew a crowd far, far bigger and had more of a buzz around him. He should have headlined. 

BMTH were really great. Mantra sounded a lot heavier live and the crowd was way up for it. Awesome way to start the day and they will 100% headline one of R&L or Download in 2019. 

My friends who went for the weekend and walked past KoL said that they had a tiny crowd too. With bands like KoL and FOB pulling such poor crowds and acts like Post Malone pulling such massive, fervent crowds, it’s clear the kind of acts the festival should be booking as headline acts. 

Overall it was the best time I’ve had at Leeds for years and years. Weather was blinding too other than a short shower mid afternoon. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Travis Scott put on one of the best shows I have seen in my whole life last night at Leeds and wiped the floor with everyone else who played. Just flawless in every way. I had so much fun down the front in the pits. Pyro and CO2 were unbelievable. That was a headline worthy performance even if the crowd was much smaller than I expected. 

Post Malone drew the biggest crowd of the day by a country mile and I really feel he could have headlined this year the amount of people who were around specifically to watch his set. It felt like a proper event. He seemed to be the name on everyone’s lips as to who they were there to see most. 

Fall Out Boy were really good and I enjoyed their setlist as there was a lot of oldies in there. Absolutely horrific crowd for a headliner, though. It was super thin near the sound tower and I walked around the barrier to the front of the stage with ease and there was loads and loads of room. Again, Post Malone drew a crowd far, far bigger and had more of a buzz around him. He should have headlined. 

BMTH were really great. Mantra sounded a lot heavier live and the crowd was way up for it. Awesome way to start the day and they will 100% headline one of R&L or Download in 2019. 

My friends who went for the weekend and walked past KoL said that they had a tiny crowd too. With bands like KoL and FOB pulling such poor crowds and acts like Post Malone pulling such massive, fervent crowds, it’s clear the kind of acts the festival should be booking as headline acts. 

Overall it was the best time I’ve had at Leeds for years and years. Weather was blinding too other than a short shower mid afternoon. 

RiP Leeds if they end up booking people like Post Malone as headliners, I'd never heard of him until he was announced for the festival and people like him are the reason why the likes of me and many others are not at the festival this year. I checked him out on iPlayer and he made the dreary Drake look exciting! 

Travis Scott looked ok but still not a patch on Run the Jewels. 

As for Kings of Leon and Fall out Boy. Little wonder they had little crowds. Fall out Boy are okay, they are fun at 7pm at a festival but aren't big enough to play this slot and attract punters to buy a weekend ticket to see them headline. 

Kings of Leon were massive in 2006-2010 but they have lost their way and have done well to get another chance at headlining the second biggest festival in UK. 

Definitely no issue with the likes of Post Malone and Travis playing, there is a place for them at this festival but many of the people who watched them spent the rest of the day back on the camp sites. 

Leeds and Reading missed a big opportunity with no Glastonbury to book some big headliners, I'm sure there was a reason why they didn't book Arctics or QoTSA even though they are touring Europe/UK. 

The QoTSA line up at Finsbury Park (with Iggy, Run the Jewels, the Hives) with Fall out Boy fitting in somewhere would have been enough for many including myself attending this year. 

Hopefully they will be able to attract some decent guitar headliner(s) next year. 

Ps glad you had a good time 

Edited by she bangs the drums
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

RiP Leeds if they end up booking people like Post Malone as headliners, I'd never heard of him until he was announced for the festival and people like him are the reason why the likes of me and many others are not at the festival this year. I checked him out on iPlayer and he made the dreary Drake look exciting! 

Travis Scott looked ok but still not a patch on Run the Jewels. 

As for Kings of Leon and Fall out Boy. Little wonder they had little crowds. Fall out Boy are okay, they are fun at 7pm at a festival but aren't big enough to play this slot and attract punters to buy a weekend ticket to see them headline. 

Kings of Leon were massive in 2006-2010 but they have lost their way and have done well to get another chance at headlining the second biggest festival in UK. 

Definitely no issue with the likes of Post Malone and Travis playing, there is a place for them at this festival but many of the people who watched them spent the rest of the day back on the camp sites. 

Leeds and Reading missed a big opportunity with no Glastonbury to book some big headliners, I'm sure there was a reason why they didn't book Arctics or QoTSA even though they are touring Europe/UK. 

The QoTSA line up at Finsbury Park (with Iggy, Run the Jewels, the Hives) with Fall out Boy fitting in somewhere would have been enough for many including myself attending this year. 

Hopefully they will be able to attract some decent guitar headliner(s) next year. 

Ps glad you had a good time 

The headliners should be this year foo fighters, Kendrick Lamar and the killers. The only fest kings of Leon should be doing is r1 big weekend.

I’ve got a few people I meet at Reading each year who have said that they think FR are just “selling out” booking people like Travis Scott, Post Malone and Kendrick in such prominent slots but in my opinion they’re just keeping up with the times. 

Also, I think everyone knows it has been a particularly weak lineup this year and maybe they could have got bigger acts with there being no Glasto but did they really need to if they had no big competition this year from Glasto? I’m hoping because Glasto is back next year they’ll feel the need to book bigger bands. 

I agree they should book certain acts like this to keep up with the times but the headliners this year should have included any 2 of the following: Killers, Arctic Monkey's, Foo Fighters, QoTSA

2 of these keeps the regulars happy. 

The other issue was this year included lots of landfill indie and rock. The combination of these two factors has meant many regulars have given it a miss this year. Not sure whether this has impacted on this year's sales but the big issue the organisers should be thinking about is selling out the festival could be the end of it. You only need to see what happened to V. That was rock and indie festival with a bit of pop that then changed to mainstream music with a bit of indie and died of death. 

How many of the 16-19 year old who attended this year will be attending for the next 10-15 years like myself and many who post on this thread have done in the past? They need to make sure they keep those people happy, which they haven't over the past 3-4 years which is now leading to people not attending anymore or just going for a day? 

39 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I agree they should book certain acts like this to keep up with the times but the headliners this year should have included any 2 of the following: Killers, Arctic Monkey's, Foo Fighters, QoTSA

2 of these keeps the regulars happy. 

The other issue was this year included lots of landfill indie and rock. The combination of these two factors has meant many regulars have given it a miss this year. Not sure whether this has impacted on this year's sales but the big issue the organisers should be thinking about is selling out the festival could be the end of it. You only need to see what happened to V. That was rock and indie festival with a bit of pop that then changed to mainstream music with a bit of indie and died of death. 

How many of the 16-19 year old who attended this year will be attending for the next 10-15 years like myself and many who post on this thread have done in the past? They need to make sure they keep those people happy, which they haven't over the past 3-4 years which is now leading to people not attending anymore or just going for a day? 

Has retention ever been the M.O. though? Reading and Leeds has always mainly been summat for the youngsters; leaving school, rite of passage, etc. Can't imagine I could convince my mates to go for a weekend even with a worldie of a lineup because it's just in the rear view mirror for them. When you look at it now, 2011 was a glorious lineup for older heads but it was the biggest failure in the past decade (this year might give it a run) and an abrupt start to the decline, so I'm not really sure on that being the way.

I get what you mean about them not hanging onto current festivalgoers but not even aiming for that audience would be a massive shakeup - I think FR would probably rather just go down with the ship. I think with this year there'll be a huge change for the festival just around the corner because bad PR and bullshit sellouts just won't do, but I'm not sure what it is.

Brockhampton, Don Broco and Slaves put on the best sets of the weekend that I saw. All of them were incredible.

Kings of Leon were fantastic compared to my expectations, really happy with their setlist, worlds away from 2009 shitshow

Panic pleasantly surprised me, still think a subheadline slot would’ve been perfect for them. They nailed bohemian rhapsody though.

Fever 333 and DFA both really impressed me too, hadn’t seen either before but definitely heard enough to make me want to see them again.

Kendrick was good, but not anywhere near as good as he was at the O2 on his tour, despite being almost front row I was underwhelmed.

Managed to catch a bit of Sum 41, NERD, Nothing But Thieves, The Faim and a bunch of others.

Even though the headliners announcement wasn’t as good as I’d hoped, the undercard was strong and I had a good festival. 

Hope everyone enjoyed:)

33 minutes ago, C14S said:

Brockhampton, Don Broco and Slaves put on the best sets of the weekend that I saw. All of them were incredible.

Kings of Leon were fantastic compared to my expectations, really happy with their setlist, worlds away from 2009 shitshow

Panic pleasantly surprised me, still think a subheadline slot would’ve been perfect for them. They nailed bohemian rhapsody though.

Fever 333 and DFA both really impressed me too, hadn’t seen either before but definitely heard enough to make me want to see them again.

Kendrick was good, but not anywhere near as good as he was at the O2 on his tour, despite being almost front row I was underwhelmed.

Managed to catch a bit of Sum 41, NERD, Nothing But Thieves, The Faim and a bunch of others.

Even though the headliners announcement wasn’t as good as I’d hoped, the undercard was strong and I had a good festival. 

Hope everyone enjoyed:)

Skindred was a decent 1st act, Mike Shinoda was what I expected...nothing to set the world alight but it was all just for the moment that set. Sum 41 played an awesome set and Deryck sounded okay but he was better on tour, many will disagree but Dua Lipa smashed it....huge crowd and there will be many more bookings like it coming. NERD I thought were alright, not greatly for me but better than expected. Deaf Havana was okay....by that point I was just happy to be under inside a tent. Pendulum phenomenal....hoping Glastonbury book them next year, I'd like to say Other headline but I think it would be sub. Papa Roach was great....always give it their all. This is what I expect and want if I'm paying £80 for a day ticket. It is rare that there has been a day at any major fest where I've been that interest in bands all the way....we're going back a long way at Reading and Glastonbury tbf last year on the Sunday was recent...I wouldn't say the start of the day I was bothered but it was good then main stage. That being said Sunday in 2016 was good but today was like where I was into it from knowing all the songs and the words.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

So I'm hearing Lil Pump keeps calling the crowd "faggots", is anyone onsite and watching him to confirm

Was watching the live stream and he called his fans faggots and then said he was going to beat his fans up for throwing water at him. Absolute disgrace of a person, no role model and needs to grow up. Someone like that has no place at this festival and shouldn’t have the privilege of being in the position he is.

Kendrick was decent but didn’t put on a big headliner set for me, but was good enough. Huge crowd. 

Dua Lipa and Post Malone had the biggest crowds at Leeds by far, nearly everyone on site by the looks of it and were both pretty good. Though I think Dua was superior, really gave it her all. 

Was shocked at the small crowd for nerd though. Weren’t anything special for me at all. 

Fall Out Boy we’re good and put on a good show. Though seems like Pete wenz absolutely hates being in the band now, didn’t seem happy at all, Patrick stump gave it his all and sounded great stil.

Best acts I personally saw at Leeds this year, Slaves, Don Broco, The Blinders, Frank Carter, Bad Sounds.