Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, VCK said:

The Main Stage crowds look very lively this year, more so than recent years. Maybe we're just getting old and the promoters know that this year's line up is what the younger ones will enjoy, despite us saying it's the worst ever.

To be fair if you're 22 you're generally too old for Reading lol

6 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Who cares. Come see Wolf Alice, sod Fall Out Boy! 

Genuinely feel like WA would put on a more memorable performance than FOB on the Main Stage.

Yeah, they don't have all the 'crowd pleasers' but raw, non-diluted emotion beats pyro and Disney backgrounds every day.

Edited by Cammers

Right, I hope you guys will Ilook at my profile and see that I haven’t got a history of trolling or any sort of agenda but the Attendance today is pitiful 

They can Pit their sold out signs as much as they want but there is at least 15000 less people here than normal 

ive been coming here for 16 years, definitely lowest attendance ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rfc_478 said:

Who cares. Come see Wolf Alice, sod Fall Out Boy! 

Was kind of curious to see if they'd pull it off.

They didn't. I really can't get my head round booking them as a festival headliner in 2018. I'd like to think they had someone else lined up who pulled out, and they were their replacement.

45 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Right, I hope you guys will Ilook at my profile and see that I haven’t got a history of trolling or any sort of agenda but the Attendance today is pitiful 

They can Pit their sold out signs as much as they want but there is at least 15000 less people here than normal 

I went past the Leeds site today and the car park was half empty. Not as many people milling about at the entrance like usual either.

TBH I think the festival hit its commercial peak in the mid to late 2000s and has been on a slow decline since.

Edited by VCK

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

I can't see how many more people could have been on that field for Post Malone to be fair.

45 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I can't see how many more people could have been on that field for Post Malone to be fair.

This. I only caught the end of Post because I wanted to see the wombats but the state of some of the people after due to the crushing was unreal, as much as I hate to admit it he had one of the biggest crowds I’ve ever seen at reading and I’ve been for the past 8 years or so. 

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

This. I only caught the end of Post because I wanted to see the wombats but the state of some of the people after due to the crushing was unreal, as much as I hate to admit it he had one of the biggest crowds I’ve ever seen at reading and I’ve been for the past 8 years or so. 

Post had a FAR bigger crowd than FOB, we were right side behind the second barrier and there was so much room there. The wolf alice tent on the way out didn’t look particularly busy either but i guess this was because of rhe rain, out of our camp of 20 just 4 of us went to FOB and another 3 at Wolf Alice. The silent disco is still going strong the queue for it was huge!

Edited by gfa

I think FOB were OK. Not my preferred booking either but comes Sunday and they will look like an amazing headliner compared to KOL...

Re crowd size for Post, it was definitely smaller than for Gallagher last year. I stopped for 2 songs out of curiosity while walking to the Pit and there was plenty of room in front of the bar which was rammed last year for LG. Btw, Post's fans pretty much destroyed it for Creeper, terrible atmosphere in the front full of people chatting and ignoring the music. :-/ 

Attendance for both FOB & WA was heavily impacted by the rain and cold, R1 tent being at best half full only

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I agree with you about the arena, however the campsite is completely rammed everytime I go there, it seems like sitting around the camp is more appealing these days. 

56 minutes ago, Ferda said:

I think FOB were OK. Not my preferred booking either but comes Sunday and they will look like an amazing headliner compared to KOL...

Re crowd size for Post, it was definitely smaller than for Gallagher last year. I stopped for 2 songs out of curiosity while walking to the Pit and there was plenty of room in front of the bar which was rammed last year for LG. Btw, Post's fans pretty much destroyed it for Creeper, terrible atmosphere in the front full of people chatting and ignoring the music. :-/ 

Attendance for both FOB & WA was heavily impacted by the rain and cold, R1 tent being at best half full only

Really pissed me off all the Post fans at Creeper, I was there enjoying myself and got dirty looks from most people just because I knew some of the words, everyone was just shouting bring on post or something like that the whole time and I felt kinda bad for Creeper, all in all a stupid booking imo putting Creeper just before Post and clashing them with BMTH. 

Standing on the sidelines of the main stage, Post Malone got the biggest crowd of the day by far, followed by The Kooks (for some reason). Seemed quieter on site than previous years apart from Post set, but I guess a lot of people went back to the campsites later in the day maybe.