Lineup 2018

I’ve been going to Leeds since 2005 and they’ve said the same thing every year - I’m yet to have seen a dog on the gates and never been stopped and searched.

i imagine the dogs that are being sent (if any) are not sniffing out narcotics but rather things that go boom in backpacks etc

1 hour ago, danz026 said:

Reading forecast is light rain tomorrow morning and then dry for the rest of the weekend, will a bit of rain on the Thursday morning be enough to turn the sight into a mud bath? 

No. For a ‘mud bath’ you’d need hours of pretty heavy rain. 

Save the weight

Edited by Benj

2 hours ago, Rob D said:

I’ve been going to Leeds since 2005 and they’ve said the same thing every year - I’m yet to have seen a dog on the gates and never been stopped and searched.

i imagine the dogs that are being sent (if any) are not sniffing out narcotics but rather things that go boom in backpacks etc

Yeah it would’ve been fine if they hadn’t said “New for 2018”, acknowledging they’ve never had any before. They’re calling them drugs dogs not sniffer dogs on the websites so I think it is more for the drugs. Am just going to wait and see how bad it is from people going today and early tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah it would’ve been fine if they hadn’t said “New for 2018”, acknowledging they’ve never had any before. They’re calling them drugs dogs not sniffer dogs on the websites so I think it is more for the drugs. Am just going to wait and see how bad it is from people going today and early tomorrow.

This could end up being quite a spectacle, especially with the amount of drugs that have ended up entering the campsites at Leeds in previous years.

If you want some early weekend entertainment; take a chair to the gates, crack a beer and watch dozens of tracksuit and bum bag wearing dealers being walked off in to the white tent.

If the police attitude is anything like what it was at YNOT last year, it's pretty damn funny. I saw some guy covered in face paint, jaw swinging, clutching his sleeping back with a dog sat VERY still next to him. He even moved back a few places to avoid being seen and the dog just followed and waited for it's owner to come and drag him out the queue.

His voice and facial expression when he tried answering the officer's question "what treats you got wrapped up in your sleeping bag mate?" was a sight to behold :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Does N.E.R.D being actually confirmed out paid to the idea of a 3rd secret set? So just BMTH on the radio 1 and Frank carter in the pit?

Seems it. Maybe a small one on the introducing. Last year you had Fickle Friends and The Hunna who were already on the lineup and then randomly Willie J Healey lmao.

4 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Does N.E.R.D being actually confirmed out paid to the idea of a 3rd secret set? So just BMTH on the radio 1 and Frank carter in the pit?

Looks like it, and I guess maybe someone last minute to replace Post.

It was only really last year that there were a lot of secret sets. 2016 just had YM@6 IIRC

Edited by Mattymooz

Now that the proper set times are out I think it's clear that the reason Kendrick is 'coheadlining' is because his set, like it was on his own tour, is only 1hr15 long. Panic have been able to get a set just as long because of that which is why they probably billed it as a coheadline. I'm sure if Kendrick wanted 1hr30+ then Panic would have just been billed as a regular sub.