Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Those secrets sets on the BBC Introducing stage are incredibly low key [often only a handful of songs] and usually only acoustic. Can't see Peace travelling the breadth of the country for that.

The set times seem to have changed a little on the Dance Stage so there doesn't seem to be an obvious gap anymore, unless I'm mistaken.

I know all the attention has been on BMTH for the Radio 1 slot, but I wonder if it could be Peace. Only logical slot, if they are indeed playing.

Yeah that's true, but I just don't see where else they could go. They've been dropping hints for months they'll be there. Am starting to think they might be a late addition to the Thursday night Leeds lineup maybe.

That's also possible for them on the R1 but that would mean playing Leeds Saturday and didn't you say they're playing Glasgow? Then again, it's not unrealistic to do both that day. 

One thing's for sure, if they do play that slot there's going to be hundreds of livid emo sesh gremlins demanding BMTH.

1 hour ago, Dontstealmybeerplease said:

Is there any actual reason that Arctic Monkeys can’t do a secret set? Seem to available on their website.

i know Melvin has said they’re busy but could be bluffing.

"Busy" does not necessarily mean busy on the weekend of the festival - it means busy in terms of other UK Touring plans. (UK tour in September, UK Festival in July)

6 minutes ago, Kayf26 said:

Hey! 

So what slots, if any, are the secrets sets going to be in for Sunday at Leeds? Obvs there was the not so secret NERD main stage slot. Is there likely to be anymore? 

There's now a gap halfway down the pit from an act pulling out, they'll probably slip someone small in there (not secret set though). Will probably have an acoustic set on the Introducing from a band already playing that day. Only other gaps are the Dance Stage and the 1Xtra finishing an hour and a half early to not clash with Kendrick, Pendulum, Netsky etc. but there wouldn't be anyone play there.

Edited by TheWaters

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

There's now a gap halfway down the pit from an act pulling out, they'll probably slip someone small in there (not secret set though). Will probably have an acoustic set on the Introducing from a band already playing that day. Only other gaps are the Dance Stage and the 1Xtra finishing an hour and a half early to not clash with Kendrick, Pendulum, Netsky etc. but there wouldn't be anyone play there.

Aye! That’s what I thought! Thanks chuck 

6 hours ago, huntyyy said:

"Busy" does not necessarily mean busy on the weekend of the festival - it means busy in terms of other UK Touring plans. (UK tour in September, UK Festival in July)

Of course, I just feel that a secret 30 minute set would be bloody perfect for them at the moment seeing as they’ve only done two UK shows since their return. Perfect for the festival too with the reaction to the lineup

Just now, Dontstealmybeerplease said:

Of course, I just feel that a secret 30 minute set would be bloody perfect for them at the moment seeing as they’ve only done two UK shows since their return. Perfect for the festival too with the reaction to the lineup

Four Out Of Five

Brianstorm

Dont Sit Down

Crying Lightning

Do I Wanna Know

TBHC / One Point Perspective 

Dancefloor

R U Mine?

that setlist mid afternoon in the Radio 1 tent would become the stuff of legends 

4 hours ago, Dontstealmybeerplease said:

‘The reaction’ being that Reading has sold out?! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dontstealmybeerplease said:

They won’t be worrying about the reaction to the line up as they count the money from the gate receipts from another sold out festival.

If ever we needed a festival not to sell out it was this one but unfortunately the organisers now know that it is likely to sell out whatever the lineup.