Lineup 2018

On 8/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, Andre91 said:

BMTH looking good for the secret set now. 

They’re teasing something. A BMTH fan page on Instagram posted a picture of a billboard poster with their logo on saying ‘Do you want to start a cult with me?’ and a number to call. 

I called the number and you get through to a recorded message that’s like a self-help company called ‘MANTRA’ that says you’re  in a queue (you aren’t really, it’s part of the pre-recorded message) and it gives you advice that’s clearly a piss take. You eventually get through to an operator who asks your name but gets cut off and there’s a load of commission before a kind of demonic voice says MANTRA really slowly and you get a jumbled up clip of what I can only assume is a new track that is only about 20 seconds but it’s quite clearly Oli singing. The line then goes dead. 

I couldn’t really tell much from the song but the beginning sounds very synth wavey. Most importantly, THERE ARE GUITARS. You can clearly hear a guitar rhythm. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if the same ‘Do you want to start a cult with me?’ posters are around the R&L sites come the festival. 

The instagram page is @daily_bmth if anyone wants to check it out as I don’t know how to post pictures on here. 

Very cool (and slightly cheeky) to see a massive band like BMTH take obvious inspiration from a band like Creeper who did this kind of thing last year to such an amazing standard (the whole phone calls and clues stuff).  

I mean, Creeper didn't invent marketing campaigns like this. They've been around for a good while.

EDIT: I'm actually pretty sure that BMTH did something similar for Sempiternal even

Edited by justanothername

1 hour ago, ZXCVBNM said:

That's good to know. I tried to update it but I dunno how you do it/it wouldn't let me.

Sorted it. Had to do a bit more because Belly has seemingly pulled out. I’m printing out bingo cards of the 1Xtra lineup next year and if anyone gets a full line of cancellations they win a prize.

Kinda baller that they just completely untangled the Lizzo-Noname-Lucas Bros clash that I was complaining about. Still not going but nice try Leeds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sorted it. Had to do a bit more because Belly has seemingly pulled out. I’m printing out bingo cards of the 1Xtra lineup next year and if anyone gets a full line of cancellations they win a prize.

Kinda baller that they just completely untangled the Lizzo-Noname-Lucas Bros clash that I was complaining about. Still not going but nice try Leeds.

Is there anyone else other than Belly and Nothing, Nowhere that needs to be removed from the line-up?

Thinking about it, nothing nowhere pulled out a good few weeks ago, anyone know why they are still listed as playing?

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Sum41 will play ‘Does this look infected?’ In full? 

They are currently on the 15th anniversary tour

They definitely could seeing how their slot if 45 mins and the album clocks in at just over 31 mins but it’d go down like a lead balloon. The crowd isn’t going to be made up of diehard Sum 41 fans who will know ANIC, No Brains and Billy Spleen. Then again, is that crowd even going to be there for anything other than In To Deep? :lol: 

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They definitely could seeing how their slot if 45 mins and the album clocks in at just over 31 mins but it’d go down like a lead balloon. The crowd isn’t going to be made up of diehard Sum 41 fans who will know ANIC, No Brains and Billy Spleen. Then again, is that crowd even going to be there for anything other than In To Deep? :lol: 

Yes they are lol, could give a shit about those 3 you mentioned mind, Still Waiting, Over My Head and The Hell Song are much better.

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes they are lol, could give a shit about those 3 you mentioned mind, Still Waiting, Over My Head and The Hell Song are much better.

My point was that the songs I named are less well known than the three you’ve just named from the same album so they wouldn’t be as widely known by the vast majority of he crowd at R&L who will be there watching them play that album in full (which I don’t think they will). 

No Brains is the biggest banger on that album anyway. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

My point was that the songs I named are less well known than the three you’ve just named from the same album so they wouldn’t be as widely known by the vast majority of he crowd at R&L who will be there watching them play that album in full (which I don’t think they will). 

No Brains is the biggest banger on that album anyway. 

I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. If I took those 3 and put them into All Killer then I've got the album I want haha.

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

31 mins of ‘does this look infected?’ ,followed by ‘In too deep’ and ‘Fat Lip’ will come in at about 45 mins when you take into account talking,etc between songs 

Hello guys, hoping you can help! 

I haven’t been to Leeds fest since 2012 and for some reason we are returning this year. A lot has changed in that time regarding campsites. I’ve been looking on the website but struggling to work out what I can and can’t take. We want to cook some basic food and a brew in the morning, but I see you can’t take gas canisters now...any tips on what you guys take and what I can it can’t take?

your help will be very much appreciated!

oh and if there is anything else that has changed in that time that I may not be aware of please let me now!

thanks 

52 minutes ago, Smithster said:

Hello guys, hoping you can help! 

I haven’t been to Leeds fest since 2012 and for some reason we are returning this year. A lot has changed in that time regarding campsites. I’ve been looking on the website but struggling to work out what I can and can’t take. We want to cook some basic food and a brew in the morning, but I see you can’t take gas canisters now...any tips on what you guys take and what I can it can’t take?

We managed to get a small gas cooker thing in last year because they didn't check our bags. Not too hard to get one in as long as it's not obvious I'd say. Same with most things you're not allowed to take in (Firewood, drugs, etc.) lmao

3 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

is it better to admit to having one kerrang compilation in your collection, or to just not say anything at all?

I don't need to be a sheep and follow the rest of the bollocks on what you should say or not, I'll just say it. Kerrang started the platform for a fair portion of what was good about R&L, Andy Copping has bummed Kerrang for years and uses them to release his latest editions for Download and still can't get band she wants to play his fest! 

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't need to be a sheep and follow the rest of the bollocks on what you should say or not, I'll just say it. Kerrang started the platform for a fair portion of what was good about R&L, Andy Copping has bummed Kerrang for years and uses them to release his latest editions for Download and still can't get band she wants to play his fest! 

Take a look at the Download lineups. He doesn’t use Kerrang! to help book that festival. What a ludicrous thing to say anyway :lol: