Lineup 2018

7 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Didn't expect to be going to this but now I am the line up doesn't seem so bad putting together a schedule.

Yonaka, Post and Wombats then hopping between Travis, NBT, Fall Out Boy and Wolf Alice should be fun along with the possibility of a strong secret set early in the day.

Plenty to see on the Saturday with Brockhampton and Kendrick as weekend highlights, will be nice to see Panic and Pendulum too for the nostalgia.

Not a lot on the Sunday but if it is Frank Carter in The Pit that could make the day. Seen Vaccines twice already this summer but with a few beers in the day them through Broco, Slaves and KoL ain't too bad.

I’m the same, the last 3 years all seem to have been a bit like this- look shite to start with but work out ok in the end. 

I’ve worked out schedules of at least 10 band for each day, I know I won’t do all of that once beer gets in the way but it’s goid to know I’ve got decent options most of the time! 

It is always the way. This year is light at the very top though. 

If youre not into Kendrick there’s no ‘BIG’ show to look forward too, FOB and KOL offer nothing new. 

Luckilly for me  I LOVE Wolf Alice so my Friday night is sorted, otherwise the very top of the evenings are damp squibs for me which will be a bit of a downer.

If youre not into Kendrick there’s no ‘BIG’ show to look forward too, FOB and KOL offer nothing new. 

Luckilly for me  I LOVE Wolf Alice so my Friday night is sorted, otherwise the very top of the evenings are damp squibs for me which will be a bit of a downer.

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Only just seen the allegations about The Faims guitarist as they just got booted from supporting the 5SOS tour. Guess thats another band that won't make it to playing (especially as there is evidence with this one rather than the NBT and Don Broco allegations)

Think they said they were going to continue with their touring commitments without him but the backlash has understandably been strong so I don't know if they'll bother. 

10 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

I’m the same, the last 3 years all seem to have been a bit like this- look shite to start with but work out ok in the end. 

I’ve worked out schedules of at least 10 band for each day, I know I won’t do all of that once beer gets in the way but it’s goid to know I’ve got decent options most of the time! 

This is exactly the same as me.

Every year it seems like a poor line up but as acts get added as the weekend gets closer it always works out.

Saying that,  that theory this year is being stretched to the limit this year.

My biggest problem is lack of a headliner on Friday or Sunday and the fact that most of my day is spent in the lock-up/Pit.This reduces the value for money of the ticket.

Always, always have a great weekend and i don't doubt this year will be the same but I'll wait for the line-up announcement in 2019 before parting with my hard-earned cash.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Benj said:

I'm so glad Wolf Alice are there for the Friday, really been getting into them even more knowing that i'm seeing them

• Upvote 1

Oi oi Guys!!! Havnt posted in a while!! How’s everyone doin? All excited??

any news of frank carter?? When would a secret set be annonced? Honestly one of (if not the) best live acts I’ve ever seen!!

also I wanna meet all ya guys!! How we doin this?? Xxxx

On 8/4/2018 at 9:51 AM, Dangerbreaks said:

Think they said they were going to continue with their touring commitments without him but the backlash has understandably been strong so I don't know if they'll bother. 

Don’t know the full story on this one but it’s a bit harsh if they have a strong backlash against them  if he’s no longer in the band and they didn’t know anything about it

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I did the ambassador programme and I just got a text from the number that gave me updates saying Reading has now completely sold out.

And with that goes any hope of Reading ‘learning their lesson’ by trying to get away with a poor lineup haha

Why splash out for Arctic Monkeys or Foo Fighters when it sells out anyway

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

And with that goes any hope of Reading ‘learning their lesson’ by trying to get away with a poor lineup haha

There still may be hope of them learning their lesson as it seems there are still tickets available on the website haha. Must be close to selling out to have that text sent to all ambassadors though.

Just now, TheWaters said:

There still may be hope of them learning their lesson as it seems there are still tickets available on the website haha. Must be close to selling out to have that text sent to all ambassadors though.

What did the text actually say, because my friends still haven't got their tickets so it'll just be me lol

1 minute ago, TommyS said:

What did the text actually say, because my friends still haven't got their tickets so it'll just be me lol

"Hey Jay, we have now totally sold out for Reading Festival! If you still need to claim your rewards, the rewards shop will be closing 8AM WEDNESDAY MORNING! "

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alf13 said:

Could I take my friends tent down to Leeds on the wednesday and set it up for him and then he arrives on the thursday and comes to camp with us? Do the camps fill up quick?

Yeah if you want him camping with you then it'll be a good idea to set his tent up when you get there. The campsites fill up pretty quick, unless you're planning on camping in Green or Brown.

54 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Well, Reading 2011 “sold out” despite reports of how much quieter it was on site, and then they somewhat changed their booking approach from then on, imo.

I’m always sceptical of late sell outs and this one will be no different. I am interested to see the map for Leeds as that is usually a direct reflection on sales.