Lineup 2018

42 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Strongly recommend people at Reading to check out The Blinders headline the BBC Introducing stage on the Friday. (and Leeds on the FR stage on the Thursday?) Incredible band with an electric live set.

I can second this, certainly seeing these over ‘mans not hot’ on the other stage on Thursday night ? saw them supporting Courteeners and they’re great live

2 hours ago, mylesharrison said:

rip to fall out boy playing after Travis 

Give over man ! FOB were incredible in 2016 playing as a co-headliner, even though they subbed both sites. Proper made a show of it,  hiring the fuel girls, great setlist, great staging,  the Bowie tribute,  it was a class . Your telling me they aren't going to try to blow people away with their first ever outright headline set.

• Downvote 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Wretch 32 who is down as the 1XTRA headliner on the Saturday is billed as playing at 12:10pm, opening the tent, that can't be right surely, is he likely to be on at 10 past midnight, or would it be completely different? May be on earlier than the other headliners to avoid clashing with Kendrick

4 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Wretch 32 who is down as the 1XTRA headliner on the Saturday is billed as playing at 12:10pm, opening the tent, that can't be right surely, is he likely to be on at 10 past midnight, or would it be completely different? May be on earlier than the other headliners to avoid clashing with Kendrick

9:10pm I would imagine.

1 hour ago, swede said:

Give over man ! FOB were incredible in 2016 playing as a co-headliner, even though they subbed both sites. Proper made a show of it,  hiring the fuel girls, great setlist, great staging,  the Bowie tribute,  it was a class . Your telling me they aren't going to try to blow people away with their first ever outright headline set.

Chill man I’m from Australia we get fuck all over here

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

His shows look incredible. Travis could genuinely school most of the bigger heavy bands when it comes to energy and power live. FOB are going to get shown up something rotten. 

His energy is unbelievable, he's one of the acts I'm most excited for.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The one after Lizzo is more likely to be a secret set - as could the space on the Dance Stage - but they could just as easily be where they didn't bother to programme anyone and it's a genuine gap in the timetable. This has happened before.

Was thinking this but just realised it's just the slot that Hex had but has now pulled out so probably won't be anyone there, or a last minute replacement.

Also Astroworld is incredible, stayed up for it and been listening all day. Travis has very quickly become my most anticipated act of the fest.

Didn't expect to be going to this but now I am the line up doesn't seem so bad putting together a schedule.

Yonaka, Post and Wombats then hopping between Travis, NBT, Fall Out Boy and Wolf Alice should be fun along with the possibility of a strong secret set early in the day.

Plenty to see on the Saturday with Brockhampton and Kendrick as weekend highlights, will be nice to see Panic and Pendulum too for the nostalgia.

Not a lot on the Sunday but if it is Frank Carter in The Pit that could make the day. Seen Vaccines twice already this summer but with a few beers in the day them through Broco, Slaves and KoL ain't too bad.

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They will absolutely get bigger crowds than FOB. It wouldn’t surprise me if Post got the biggest crowd of the entire weekend. 

Yeah I’d put money on post getting largest crowd. Axtually maybe Kendrick because he has nothing really that big clashing with him

Edited by Properbigfan

From Dua to Kendrick it'll be swarmed at the main stage, between dayticketers and people generally chilling and preloading for the King.

That aside, it'll be Post for sure. There's not that much on other stages to draw people away; at Leeds it's so dead that I think I'd even go and fucking see him if only to laugh at his stanky ass.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

From Dua to Kendrick it'll be swarmed at the main stage, between dayticketers and people generally chilling and preloading for the King.

That aside, it'll be Post for sure. There's not that much on other stages to draw people away; at Leeds it's so dead that I think I'd even go and fucking see him if only to laugh at his stanky ass.

Reckon if I go pendulum and leave after half hour I’ll have a decent spot for Kendrick or is it worth just waiting? (Reading)

1 hour ago, Properbigfan said:

Reckon if I go pendulum and leave after half hour I’ll have a decent spot for Kendrick or is it worth just waiting? (Reading)

I don’t know Reading mate so I don’t know about access channels or owt. In a generic festival situation I’d say if a good spot is very important then avoid Pendulum.

3 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

There’s always a bit of crowd turnover between sub/headliner, but you should definitely aim to get there 30 mins before he starts if you want a good spot. Only 5 mins walk from NME to main so you could see a little bit of Pendulum, not sure if it’s really worth it though