Lineup 2018

Haven't really been keeping touch with this topic after deciding not to go this year, but am now considering a day ticket.

Everyone seems to be treating NERD as though it's definitely happening, has this come from a reliable source then?

Wouldn't mind catching them or BMTH (if that proves true as well) so trying to weigh up which day looks the most tempting.

Edited by alexlloyd

49 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Are they having a Jack Rocks bar this year?

If so,when does the lineup usually get announced for that?

Also,when does BBC introducing stage usually get announced?

Well, I can tell you there won't be a Jack Rocks stage because Jack Daniels stopped sponsoring This Feeling and they are now sponsored by delicious Red Stripe. Probably more appropriate for the club night tbf.

Dunno if This Feeling will have a stage. They still had them at plenty of festivals but I know they dropped off TRNSMT and haven't given any word about doing Reading or Leeds again it's so probably not happening.

BBC Introducing usually gets announced about the first week of August, because it's always after the Futuresound competition at the start of August, where the winners play some stage at R+L while a few runners up get a BBC Introducing spot.

46 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Haven't really been keeping touch with this topic after deciding not to go this year, but am now considering a day ticket.

Everyone seems to be treating NERD as though it's definitely happening, has this come from a reliable source then?

Wouldn't mind catching them or BMTH (if that proves true as well) so trying to weigh up which day looks the most tempting.

There's a picture a couple of pages back of a N.E.R.D 2018 tour shirt where they had Reading Saturday and Leeds Sunday among the dates. Then the next day we got the times with a big old gap on the main stage Saturday/Sunday. Makes too much sense.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There's a picture a couple of pages back of a N.E.R.D 2018 tour shirt where they had Reading Saturday and Leeds Sunday among the dates. Then the next day we got the times with a big old gap on the main stage Saturday/Sunday. Makes too much sense.

Also worth pointing out the gap in their schedule (obvious if you've seen the tshirt of course), and they go from Paris on the Thursday to Glasgow on the following Wednesday.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

3 hours ago, WFD said:

Also worth pointing out the gap in their schedule (obvious if you've seen the tshirt of course), and they go from Paris on the Thursday to Glasgow on the following Wednesday.

Fair enough, looks quite likely then and I noticed the fact they’re in Glasgow with Kendrick a few days after too as well. Surprised they’ve left them as a secret set though, would probably shift a few day tickets for people still on the fence. 

7 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Fair enough, looks quite likely then and I noticed the fact they’re in Glasgow with Kendrick a few days after too as well. Surprised they’ve left them as a secret set though, would probably shift a few day tickets for people still on the fence. 

Wouldn’t be a secret set, just a late announcement it seems. Day tickets at Reading have already sold out for their day so would make no difference.

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Wouldn’t be a secret set, just a late announcement it seems. Day tickets at Reading have already sold out for their day so would make no difference.

Obviously not definite but I think it's pretty likely to be a secret set at this point. If they had N.E.R.D. up their sleeves for all this time and could have let everyone know, I  think they could've done with announcing sooner. But, as it stands, there aren't usually acts announced for the main stage this late and N.E.R.D. have form for unannounced UK festival main stage slots. They must think it's really exciting or something.

Tagged my friend who’s coming to Reading with me on the insta post thinking she’d be like wtf, but no she proceeded to tag another 10 people who are going saying how excited it’s made her.

she is the problem.

Edited by TheWaters

Tbf when she was announced I thought it was solely cos of the meme, but I've discovered she has some pretty huge songs which aren't any worse than half the Soundcloud rappers out there who are fair game for R+L.

Considering Scarlxrd is pretty well liked on here and Twitter and stuff - despite everyone being aware of how disingenuous his act is and that he tried everything to be famous before he landed on mysterious nihilist trap cartoon - I think the response she's getting is quite rough.