Lineup 2018

Just now, Andre91 said:

Netsky, Jauz and Slushii closing that stage  is a weird one. 

I’m guessing there will be another band added to the FOB day on main at Leeds in place of Big Shaq seeing how he is only playing Reading. Also because no way Creeper get a 50 minute slot. 

I'm happy with this, means i get to watch Pendulum and Papa Roach

1 hour ago, TapeRecorder said:

Will you be doing the reading one @dentalplan my man 

Done.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Netsky, Jauz and Slushii closing that stage  is a weird one. 

I’m guessing there will be another band added to the FOB day on main at Leeds in place of Big Shaq seeing how he is only playing Reading. Also because no way Creeper get a 50 minute slot. 

Can't fit another act in with those start times. If Creeper don't play for that long then I guess Post Malone gets extra time to set up.

I'm going to throw Chvrches into the mix - they're active, free that weekend, had a new album out recently and a tour to promote. Also I think were billed as an exclusive to Citadel which has now been and gone. 

The 1975 are also possible for similar reasons. Are BMTH even active at the moment? I can't see it being The Hunna

5 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

I'm going to throw Chvrches into the mix - they're active, free that weekend, had a new album out recently and a tour to promote. Also I think were billed as an exclusive to Citadel which has now been and gone. 

The 1975 are also possible for similar reasons. Are BMTH even active at the moment? I can't see it being The Hunna

I could only see headline sized acts doing the secret set on the NME. No Chvrches.

The best bet is probably The 1975, given that it probably wouldn't be fair to put BMTH on against Creeper and Waterparks. But obviously The 1975 like to do their album rollouts their own meticulous way and doing a secret set at a festival might not line up.

There are also large spaces on the Dance and 1Xtra stages, but I could see those just being filled in later on or left empty.

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

What was the BMTH info again and where did it come from? 

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Not the most interesting of tangents, but what do we think the reason is for the early release?

Even in the years that tickets used to fly I don't remember them being this early. And obviously the last few years they've been released gradually throughout the week of the festival. 

I mean, I would say a last push for tickets but I don't think R+L's stage times work for grabbing more tickets, because you remember that most acts at the festival play for 30 mins or less and all your clash fears are confirmed. The secret set gaps will make people more interested though.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I mean, I would say a last push for tickets but I don't think R+L's stage times work for grabbing more tickets, because you remember that most acts at the festival play for 30 mins or less and all your clash fears are confirmed. The secret set gaps will make people more interested though.

If revealing the 'secret gaps' truly is a push for additional ticket sales then they're more desperate than I thought. Plausible of course, given how FR operate.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

If revealing the 'secret gaps' truly is a push for additional ticket sales then they're more desperate than I thought. Plausible of course, given how FR operate.

They have really tried to claim secret sets as a part of the R+L experience in recent years. Obviously they've had them spontaneously for ages but since they've started having multiple per weekend, it's part of what people pay for. Seems kinda disingenuous but works well enough, for now.

I hope the set times don't change too much going forward. It's worked out almost perfectly for me with:

Teenage Wrist > Protoje > Noname > Mike Shinoda > Brockhampton > HMLTD > Metz > Rex Orange County > (N.E.R.D) > Panic! At The Disco > Kendrick Lamar 

Not a chance I'll send up seeing all those but it's looking real good on paper. Pleased we've got the set times early this year too. I'm still eyeing up the Sunday as Let's Eat Grandma and Shame have avoided each other as have DMA's and Spector.