Lineup 2018

5 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

You've gotta admit they've done bloody well to recover from all like the abuse they got for the first announcement!

I mean I ain't convinced they recovered. Still a pretty awful set of headliners (and the rest of the top of the bill is pretty mediocre). There's a large swing towards hip-hop too compared to normal (which ain't really my genre so I'm probably a bit biased by this). Plus the numerous acts dropping out/swapping days etc. If N*E*R*D is the big secret set too (which is looking more likely now for on the main stage somewhere) then I would say that's pretty mediocre too compared to BMTH and 1975 who both seemed likely (in saying that, N*E*R*D would have been one of the few acts that day I would really wanna see other than the Kendrick/Pendulum clash and Brockhampton. Just to prove how bad the lineup is at least to my tastes, 3/4 of those acts are hip-hop).

That's not even mentioning the mess that the lineup seems to be in order wise. Panic! coheadlining for no reason, Post Malone way lower than he should be, Don Broco and Wilkinson both seem lower than they should be, who the fuck is Wizkid and why is he so high, Deaf Havana etc. Plus the bizzare change in release schedule and imo relatively ugly looking poster layout & graphic design

Admittedly, it's nowhere near as big of a disaster as I thought it was gonna be, but I still think it's one of their weakest lineups & seeming worst organised events in years (Probs the worst since 2008 imo).

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean I ain't convinced they recovered. Still a pretty awful set of headliners (and the rest of the top of the bill is pretty mediocre). There's a large swing towards hip-hop too compared to normal (which ain't really my genre so I'm probably a bit biased by this). Plus the numerous acts dropping out/swapping days etc. If N*E*R*D is the big secret set too (which is looking more likely now for on the main stage somewhere) then I would say that's pretty mediocre too compared to BMTH and 1975 who both seemed likely (in saying that, N*E*R*D would have been one of the few acts that day I would really wanna see other than the Kendrick/Pendulum clash and Brockhampton. Just to prove how bad the lineup is at least to my tastes, 3/4 of those acts are hip-hop).

That's not even mentioning the mess that the lineup seems to be in order wise. Panic! coheadlining for no reason, Post Malone way lower than he should be, Don Broco and Wilkinson both seem lower than they should be, who the fuck is Wizkid and why is he so high, Deaf Havana etc. Plus the bizzare change in release schedule and imo relatively ugly looking poster layout & graphic design

Admittedly, it's nowhere near as big of a disaster as I thought it was gonna be, but I still think it's one of their weakest lineups & seeming worst organised events in years (Probs the worst since 2008 imo).

2008 one of the best lineups tho

Oh shit didn't realise they had set times on the site. I'm sure they'll likely change around a bit too. Just had a quick look through them and it has Pendulum playing at 8.30 at Leeds which seems far too early. Either a mistake or someone else is playing after them?

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Oh shit didn't realise they had set times on the site. I'm sure they'll likely change around a bit too. Just had a quick look through them and it has Pendulum playing at 8.30 at Leeds which seems far too early. Either a mistake or someone else is playing after them?

On the Reading site it has Pendulum at 9pm and Netsky at 10.30pm, but Pendulum still seem to be the headliner.....weird

1 minute ago, brownsound said:

On the Reading site it has Pendulum at 9pm and Netsky at 10.30pm, but Pendulum still seem to be the headliner.....weird

oh yeah same for the Leeds site

To be fair the run of Sum 41 > Dua Lipa > N.E.R.D > Panic! > Kendrick is really good. One of the best main stage runs I can think of in recent years, even with Panic subbing.

There is definitely some scheduling updates to come. You would never get Pendulum to play a headline set,  get their stage set up dismantled and then be ready for Netksy in 90 minutes.

I hope the ordering is correct though, would love to catch some Kenny after Pendulum!

*Edit: Maybe you could do it actually... I was assuming they would play for ~75 mins.

Edited by Cammers

17 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

where u hear this????

C'mon son.

15 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Better get updating that Reading clashfinder to slot them in then?

As much as I want people to think it's that, I'm not that evil. :P

Though I did just look at  Twitter to see if anyone has been speculating about Arctic Monkeys being one of the gaps in the schedule, and there was a tweet a few hours ago by a journalist with 10k+ followers that Arctic Monkeys were doing a secret set Saturday/Sunday on the R1 stage. So maybe it is actually happening. :lol:

No chance Arctics could do R1 Tent surely, it would be stupidly rammed! Looks likely N*E*R*D will be that main stage slot, but hopefully not.

Pit will be Frank Carter, I reckon tent one (if it's a thing) will be 1975, and main stage will be N*E*R*D.