Lineup 2018

Or to put it another way, if the Radio 1 stage line up doesn't get completely filled out soon (there are only 10 acts on two of the days and 11 on the other - at Leeds at least, I've not checked Reading), there's a fair chance there's at least one big secret set happening.

7 minutes ago, danz026 said:

What’s the point in secret sets? Obviously they don’t shift tickets 

In a way, they do. People are romantic about the idea of some big band playing in a smaller slot at the festival, gets them more likely to go along despite a shitty lineup. Now it's a regular thing, people are discussing who it might be before the line up is announced.

53 minutes ago, danz026 said:

What’s the point in secret sets? Obviously they don’t shift tickets 

It works for the band too - the secret sets always get a lot of attention, most of the reviews will mention them and when it's someone like QOTSA it makes the mainstream media. For QOTSA it was their album launch date so it was ideal for them.  Loads of coverage for turning up and playing for half an hour or so without putting too much effort into production.

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wonder if they will have anyone replace J Hus with the situation he is facing. 

Frank Carter :ninja: 

I don’t know, it’s not like the terms of his bail prevent him from playing, and the festival should treat him as ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

That’s not to say he won’t pull out himself though. 

1 hour ago, rfc_478 said:

I don’t know, it’s not like the terms of his bail prevent him from playing, and the festival should treat him as ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

That’s not to say he won’t pull out himself though. 

He has posted saying he is going to have to ‘do some time’ so I can’t see him playing still. 

Noticed there's another nightlife stage at Leeds this year. Says it's hidden in the woods, I know it's "hidden" but any ideas on where this could be with Relentless Stage already being in the woods?

Nice to see they're making more of an effort with Piccadilly Party this year with DJ sets announced already.