Lineup 2018

11 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

think a lot of it is also down to the nature of the hip-hop scene. FR are quite sketch with the way they go about it but loads of rappers esp in the 'soundcloud' scene like uzi are liable to this. shitty for fans regardless

Uzi is one of my all time faves like I genuinely love the guy and I bought tickets to his Birmingham show and I still wasn't convinced he was going to show up until I actually got into the venue. 

I'd been thinking from the start that Ski Mask would probably pull out of Reading, wouldn't be surprised if Lil Pump did or Famous Dex.

23 minutes ago, DR OK said:

If you read the story you'll see that the organisers have known for 'months' that he was unable to play. Seems like they just asked him to not formerly pull out whilst they tried to sort something but in the end pulled him out on the day. Blame goes on the organisers for me

Yeah I caught up on the Wireless thread after posting here. Poor form all round imo but yeah at least he gave a few months' notice, it's defo worse from FR's side. I might make an effort to start avoiding their events next summer. They're all going to shit anyway so can't seem that being too difficult unless they put on a good day event.

17 minutes ago, Jane gibbons said:

Quick question my mate got 2 tickets to see the vaccines do we both need leeds tickets or just lead booker

I thought you only needed a R+L ticket to get presale access? It went on general sale after. It still is now, in fact, so I imagine many don’t realise it is open to the public.

If it was a like for like replacement in terms of status, and therefore was expected to make even the slightest difference in ticket sales they would have announced it by now - unless it's someone being held back until after they play another festival, and there aren't a lot of obvious candidates. Also "check the website" is a strange thing to say when we know they'll spend the next six weeks hammering social media.

1 hour ago, WFD said:

If it was a like for like replacement in terms of status, and therefore was expected to make even the slightest difference in ticket sales they would have announced it by now - unless it's someone being held back until after they play another festival, and there aren't a lot of obvious candidates. Also "check the website" is a strange thing to say when we know they'll spend the next six weeks hammering social media.

I feel like they would have had 'SPECIAL GUEST HEADLINER TBA' to build some excitement, rather than just surprising people that it isn't Diplo.

Hasn't FR always just quietly taken off acts that aren't playing anymore and don't mention until/if the artist themselves brings it up or if they get a replacement. I remember Modern Baseball were taken off the line up a few years ago. They just removed their name from the website and didn't address it until a few days later when Modern Baseball themselves gave the reason as to why.

EDIT: Yeah I have no idea what I'm on about lmao

Edited by justanothername

18 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Hasn't FR always just quietly taken off acts that aren't playing anymore and don't mention until/if the artist themselves brings it up or if they get a replacement. I remember Modern Baseball were taken off the line up a few years ago. They just removed their name from the website and didn't address it until a few days later when Modern Baseball themselves gave the reason as to why.

So you think with them addressing Skepta's removal, without the artist himself saying anything, hints they have a replacement?

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

So you think with them addressing Skepta's removal, without the artist himself saying anything, hints they have a replacement?

Did they address it? I thought they hadn't. Oh well. That being said, I don't see them replacing him. He pulled out a while ago and they have some time to replace him and there hasn't been any hint of that at all.

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Did they address it? I thought they hadn't. Oh well. That being said, I don't see them replacing him. He pulled out a while ago and they have some time to replace him and there hasn't been any hint of that at all.

Yeah they posted it on their insta saying unfortunately he can't perform due to logistical reasons or something similar. But they did announce a couple other people in that post so maybe they were the replacements, or supposed to make up for it or something.

This may be of relevance, but when I was at Parklife, they were selling N.E.R.D. merchandise with their summer tour dates on, including two for Reading and Leeds. They are yet to be announced in any way, so could now be in line to replace Skepta? Or there may be another slot that they would fit into on the lineup?

5 minutes ago, boombox98 said:

This may be of relevance, but when I was at Parklife, they were selling N.E.R.D. merchandise with their summer tour dates on, including two for Reading and Leeds. They are yet to be announced in any way, so could now be in line to replace Skepta? Or there may be another slot that they would fit into on the lineup?

N.E.R.D are definitely over here at the time as they’re doing Glasgow Summer Sessions on the 29th. Damn they’d be a big headliner for the stage but still possible idk where else they’d fit.

Only thing is though, they’re playing in Paris on the 24th, and to do fill skeptas slot they’d have to play the 24th at Leeds. So unless they’re doing an early show in Paris and then getting flown to Leeds I’m not so sure. Or maybe they’re not playing Skeptas slot at all but I don’t know where else they’d go.