Lineup 2018

Not really relevant but did anybody see AM at TRNSMT and if so what'd they think? Looked pretty good from what I saw and the setlist looks pretty solid bar a couple of missing tracks that hopefully they'll add to the tour setlist. That depends on whether they perform longer than what they did in Glasgow which i presume was just short of 2 hours??

Edited by MIchael_scarn
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Not really relevant but did anybody see AM at TRNSMT and if so what'd they think? Looked pretty good from what I saw and the setlist looks pretty solid bar a couple of missing tracks that hopefully they'll add to the tour setlist. That depends on whether they perform longer than what they did in Glasgow which i presume was just short of 2 hours??

Yh they looked to be in fine form and the crowd looked ace, a setlist like glasto 2013 would be perfect but doubt they’ll do one like that again

Is the order of the bands on each of stages roughly the reverse of what they are on the poster? So for example Trash Boat will open the main stage on Saturday followed by Protoje, Skindred, Mike Shinoda and Sum 41 with Dua Lipa, PATD and Kendrick playing last?

Just trying to figure out who may clash. I'm particularly worried about the possibility of a Courteeners clash with either Slaves or Don Broco

7 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Is the order of the bands on each of stages roughly the reverse of what they are on the poster? So for example Trash Boat will open the main stage on Saturday followed by Protoje, Skindred, Mike Shinoda and Sum 41 with Dua Lipa, PATD and Kendrick playing last?

Just trying to figure out who may clash. I'm particularly worried about the possibility of a Courteeners clash with either Slaves or Don Broco

Yep pretty much. Courteeners will likely clash with one of those, if not both, depending on set lengths those acts and the ones on after.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep pretty much. Courteeners will likely clash with one of those, if not both, depending on set lengths those acts and the ones on after.

Set times easy to predict then? Just take last year's set times and plug the different names in?

Courteeners will be 20:15-21:15 where Liam Gallagher played last year

Broco 20:20-21:00 and Slaves 21:30-22:10. 

Although maybe Slaves will actually be headlining the NME rather than Diplo? Looks like they're co-headliners on the poster.

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Set times easy to predict then? Just take last year's set times and plug the different names in?

Courteeners will be 20:15-21:15 where Liam Gallagher played last year

Broco 20:20-21:00 and Slaves 21:30-22:10. 

Although maybe Slaves will actually be headlining the NME rather than Diplo? Looks like they're co-headliners on the poster.

Nah Slaves won't be headlining the NME. Diplo was above them before and is still above them, not to mention he's a more suitable alternative.

As I say though, it depends on how long acts after agree to play for. That last year's one is a bit askew because HAIM did a 45 minute headline set or something. Similarly, Kings of Leon could do two hours and you'll be done with Courteeners before Slaves come on. But prepare to miss one of those three anyroad.

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah Slaves won't be headlining the NME. Diplo was above them before and is still above them, not to mention he's a more suitable alternative.

As I say though, it depends on how long acts after agree to play for. That last year's one is a bit askew because HAIM did a 45 minute headline set or something. Similarly, Kings of Leon could do two hours and you'll be done with Courteeners before Slaves come on. But prepare to miss one of those three anyroad.

Diplo and Slaves are co-headliners on the poster, doesn't that mean that one will headline Reading and the other Leeds?

5 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Diplo and Slaves are co-headliners on the poster, doesn't that mean that one will headline Reading and the other Leeds?

They're not co-headliners on the poster. Even if they were that wouldn't be the case - Kendrick and Panic are coheadlining  but Kendrick is closing both sites.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

On 7/5/2018 at 10:16 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They're not co-headliners on the poster. Even if they were that wouldn't be the case - Kendrick and Panic are coheadlining  but Kendrick is closing both sites.

Has anything been confirmed about Kendrick closing both sites. Seen it posted here several times but never a proper confirmation about it.

59 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

are there late night sessions at reading??

They'll have a DJ on the Alternative Stage after the headliners but it's usually absolutely rammed. Nothing like what Leeds have.

Edited by JSmurphy

5 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Why are they different?

Reading is more city centre so they have a stricter curfew.

IIRC the alternative stage act usually just DJ's the silent disco? And usually it's an act that has played earlier in the day (I think someone from Blossoms did it one day last year?

Will be interesting to see what happens about this Wireless misshap (for the uninformed, apparently they have known for months that DJ Khaled couldnt make it and just never told anyone till the day he was supposed to be headlining. They got Drake instead but even so.)

Seems like FR has been pulling quite a lot of this - hiding that acts have dropped out. Obviously not till the same extent as this but still not telling people straight away about Skepta and that other guy is a bit fishy imo. Hope they get out of this pattern