Lineup 2018

On 6/10/2018 at 3:28 PM, dentalplan said:

Yee they're both late night venues at Leeds among the campsites. Relentless is a more legit, dance stage with real names whereas Piccadilly Party plays all sorts of hits like a party DJ kinda thing.

BBC Introducing is always announced much later. Around start of August.

Thank you mate

Loving the new Slaves song, cannot wait to see them again at Leeds. Predicting their album will either come out the week before or very soon after Leeds Festival, then a big Autumn tour like they did the last time they played Leeds and Reading. 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:38 AM, Stuielooie said:

Been quite confused with the most recent tour announcements. The Hunna in Ally Pally. NBT in Ally Pally. Don Broco arena tour. I just saw Don Broco at concorde 2, a small venue and they were pretty decent. I can't imagine that energy being pushed through an arena (I know they sold out Ally Pally, be it a solo show), and then how this has then put them at that position on the reading lineup.

The festival this year really seems to have misplaced quite a few different acts. Don Broco were always meant to play a higher slot than what they were given and Nothing But Thieves as well probably, they're certainly on the rise at the moment and are selling out much bigger venues now. Whereas someone like Deaf Havana, who I do quite like, should probably be lower down, pretty sure when I saw them in 2016 they were opening the NME tent and I don't feel like they've gotten bigger at all in the last couple of years. 

I'm actually lad of where Deaf Havana, Nothing But Thieves and Don Broco are placed, for me it looks pretty perfect with (hopefully) no clashes. Although if more acts get added into the line up at some point that might all change and I'll end up with clashes once more. 

On 6/10/2018 at 3:28 PM, dentalplan said:

Yee they're both late night venues at Leeds among the campsites. Relentless is a more legit, dance stage with real names whereas Piccadilly Party plays all sorts of hits like a party DJ kinda thing.

BBC Introducing is always announced much later. Around start of August.

One of my biggest gripes of recent years has been all the shit dance that has been played at Piccadilly whilst Relentless has been going on, why can't they keep Piccadilly as a indie/rock/metal night until 3 when Relentless ends then have it mixed up with a variety of stuff. 

It's especially annoying with how god damn long it takes to get into the Silent Disco which at least gives you the choice of 2 channels to choose from.

26 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Ski Mask The Slump God has just announced his summer plans and it shows only Wireless as a Uk date and has shows in USA across the R&L weekend. Fuck sake.

damn what the fuck, i was literally going to put his music in the recommendations thread lol

13 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

damn what the fuck, i was literally going to put his music in the recommendations thread lol

Absolutely gutted. Love him, was one of my top anticipated acts. Couldn’t manage to get a Sunday wireless ticket so it was great to see him announced for this. Skepta and Ski Mask both gone from the sunday makes it a lot weaker for me.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Really shocking about XXXTentacion. Not gonna pretend I was a fan or even okay with him, but shit that is terrible. Fucking 20!

Although I was disgusted by some of the things he did, some of his songs have certain little memories with me. Was a big fan of his earlier stuff (admittedly I got into him before the allegations and shit so I wasn’t as much a fan after all that). Horrendous thing to happen to anyone, let alone someone so young who, despite his past, had been doing a lot for his local community recently (not that that makes him any better, but his local community was definitely benefiting). RIP.

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Looks like Ski Mask is back on the poster. Although with all this X shit that’s gone on and his tendency to pull out of things I still wouldn’t count on him being there.

Yeah you can still buy tickets for his gig in Reno that weekend so I don't think they've sorted it out. It's just gonna be that thing where he disappears and reappears from the poster for a month until they announce more names like with Skepta.