Lineup 2018

13 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Still a bit confused about the Panic! billing situation, so it’s like the Biffy FOB co/headline where everyone knew Biffy were headlining but FOB were still given headline status? 

Yeah I think it's pretty much this. 

Dunno if anyone cares but the 1975's new single dropped before. I personally quite like it and would expect they're still a good shout for a secret set. New album in the next couple of months, tour starting in January and another album dropping next May would make them an even stronger candidate for 2019 headliner.

12 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Dunno if anyone cares but the 1975's new single dropped before. I personally quite like it and would expect they're still a good shout for a secret set. New album in the next couple of months, tour starting in January and another album dropping next May would make them an even stronger candidate for 2019 headliner.

Personally I don't like the new track but agree it keeps them in contention for a secret set. Also I'm fairly sure the album is dropping at midnight as the countdown on the website expires then.

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Personally I don't like the new track but agree it keeps them in contention for a secret set. Also I'm fairly sure the album is dropping at midnight as the countdown on the website expires then.

Lyrically it's nothing special but the beat is catchy and if the music on a guide to.. is similar to this track i'd say it sounds closer to the first album than the 2nd one was which i'd be much happier with. 

Didn't notice that on the website but saw the day countdown on their insta and was a bit gutted to find out that was just for a single. Think the idea for announcing the release of 2 albums despite this one supposedly being the last before a hiatus is a bit weird but I guess they mustve just had a change of heart.

14 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Think the idea for announcing the release of 2 albums despite this one supposedly being the last before a hiatus is a bit weird but I guess they mustve just had a change of heart.

Yeah I thought that but I literally just read an NME article where Matty says he changed his mind and that band isn't just going to end, as well as the new album changing it's title from 'Music For Cars' to 'A Brief Enquiry Into Online Relationships'.

So turns out The 1975 timer was just a video release.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s another announcement coming today cos Black Foxxes have been added, according to the Metro. But obviously if Black Foxxes are the choice act to report on from it, temper your expectations accordingly.

You got a link? Can't find an article.

I was big on Black Foxxes the year they played first thing on NME, 2015 or 2016 I think? I haven't kept up with what they've been doing recently but I'd give them another go.

I wonder if they're gonna slot in early on Saturday Main, which is why they're leading the announcement?