Lineup 2018

22 hours ago, Odessa said:

I feel a bit yer da moaning about him, but Post Malone is complete shit right? He's not gonna stick around long term? I know I could just ignore him but I heard one too many of his songs on Friday night and it got to me haha.

The state of this ffs:

It's no different to most other rappers, they shout randomly over an autotuned track. Travis Scott is exactly the same.

7 minutes ago, Aech said:

It's no different to most other rappers, they shout randomly over an autotuned track. Travis Scott is exactly the same.

Yeah no the good rappers I've seen do not put on live performances like that. And I never implied he was worse than Travis Scott.

The new school of rappers are increasingly reliant on hooks that the kids can sing along to, which calls for the backing track, but I think Trav at least has bars to some degree and has some amazing production. Worlds away from Post Malone. If there's any thought that the two have "exactly the same" live show then make sure to tune in to both in August.

Coming from someone who predominantly listens to hip hop, there are a lot of people better than Travis Scott, but there's something about the production and the way his tracks are kinda boosts him up a bit. He's not my favourite but I do really like him and he's doing really well with songs that are pretty much 70% hooks. 

His live shows look insane though so I will deffo be catching him at R&L.

P.S He's miles better than Post.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I like Travis Scott on record, think he's one of the better rappers from the sort of 'new school' we're seeing forming. His live show looks like good fun if nothing else as well.

Watched the whole video in shock at how good a crowd in America was. Then noticed it's in Switzerland haha. Yeah, that looks like a good time tbf.

R&L have made a Spotify playlist of acts at Live at Leeds and Leeds Fest and Dermot Kennedy and Peace are both on it so guess they'll be added to the lineup soon.

The playlist is called "Leeds Fest at Live at Leeds" so I'm guessing Peace and Dermot will be just playing Leeds otherwise they'd surely call the playlist "R&L at Live at Leeds" or something? Really hope It's both sites, I love Peace.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

R&L have made a Spotify playlist of acts at Live at Leeds and Leeds Fest and Dermot Kennedy and Peace are both on it so guess they'll be added to the lineup soon.

The playlist is called "Leeds Fest at Live at Leeds" so I'm guessing Peace and Dermot will be just playing Leeds otherwise they'd surely call the playlist "R&L at Live at Leeds" or something? Really hope It's both sites, I love Peace.

Nah, leeds fest just sponsor the stage or something

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Interesting to see that Bloxx have lost their frontwomen, dunno what they are planning on doing now lol...

I saw them supporting The Wombats and they weren't the best. Looking back on it they really weren't great. Not a massive loss, wouldn't be surprised if they don't continue at all.

EDIT: I think the twitter post was a joke as there's no mention on Facebook or insta and it was joking about her becoming a souncloud rapper.

EDIT 2: yeah it was a joke I had a look.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I saw them supporting The Wombats and they weren't the best. Looking back on it they really weren't great. Not a massive loss, wouldn't be surprised if they don't continue at all.

EDIT: I think the twitter post was a joke as there's no mention on Facebook or insta and it was joking about her becoming a souncloud rapper.

EDIT 2: yeah it was a joke I had a look.

They sounded awful in Southampton but assumed that was due to the meh sound system (though they weren't as bad as Night Cafe afterwards).