Lineup 2018

I see Jack Rocks/This Feeling hasn't returned to Isle of Wight and there doesn't seem to be owt about it on TRNSMT site either. If you're a fan of that tent you might wanna @ them on Twitter or preferred social mediums and see what the lowdown is.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They're not as big as Liam Gallagher, and they're only topping medium sized fests? If this is GSS we're on about, they were announced along with a full support list and lower-priced tickets so it's clear that it wasn't expected to be a massive seller.

GSS?

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Glasgow Summer Sessions. You mentioned a 40k gig not having sold out yet, is that not what you were referring to?

I thought he was on about QOTSA in standard Gazza fashion of going off on random irrelevant tangents for no reason and making it impossible to follow who he's talking about with each point.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They're not as big as Liam Gallagher, and they're only topping medium sized fests? If this is GSS we're on about, they were announced along with a full support list and lower-priced tickets so it's clear that it wasn't expected to be a massive seller.

GSS?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No, QOTSA not having sold Finsbury yet

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I thought he was on about QOTSA in standard Gazza fashion of going off on random irrelevant tangents for no reason and making it impossible to follow who he's talking about with each point.

Oh right. I don't think it's worth going over QOTSA's headline credentials for another few years. :P

I think the Finsbury Park thing could come up in future years as well though. Seems like they have a perfect outlet for putting on bands that aren't big enough to do stadiums but aren't available or suitable for R+L later in the year, and using the stages for Community Festival seems ideal. Maybe someone like Twenty One Pilots or Florence, or Biffy if they don't go straight to medium-sized fests.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Oh right. I don't think it's worth going over QOTSA's headline credentials for another few years. :P

I think the Finsbury Park thing could come up in future years as well though. Seems like they have a perfect outlet for putting on bands that aren't big enough to do stadiums but aren't available or suitable for R+L later in the year, and using the stages for Community Festival seems ideal. Maybe someone like Twenty One Pilots or Florence, or Biffy if they don't go straight to medium-sized fests.

I was just pointing out that if not Finsbury I could maybe have seen then being asked back this year but need on them not selling out Finsbury with what many agree...not myself as it's not my thing, but on whole it's a decent line-up. I should remember though that a band who did two nights at ally pally are co-headlining

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy on Friday, Paramore on Saturday and 1975 doing Community on Sunday is my initial (hopeful) prediction for next year. Lot of ppl saying 1975 are too big but when the whole things about 'new music' there's not too many other bands around of that size to shift 40,000 tix with a good support.

Edited by R Shah

11 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Biffy on Friday, Paramore on Saturday and 1975 doing Community on Sunday is my initial (hopeful) prediction for next year. Lot of ppl saying 1975 are too big but when the whole things about 'new music' there's not too many other bands around of that size to shift 40,000 tix with a good support.

Other than Biffy and Paramore, I can think of:

- Foals

- Gorillaz

- Jack White

- Twenty One Pilots

- The Killers

- Florence & The Machine

- Tame Impala (but I dunno if they'd wanna do it the year after Citadel)

- Catfish (tho they did Community a couple of years ago so who knows)

- Bastille (tho they are probably more likely for Community)

- Fall Out Boy

- Panic!

35 minutes ago, R Shah said:

It's The Hunna.

When do we fancy we might get the next announcement? Obviously the announcements have been all over the place this year, with little or no warning given.

There are a few gaps lower down the line-up [though the main stage now looks more or less complete], yet we already have some acts for the alternative stage.

Something for the middle of next month do we feel? Or earlier?

3 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

When do we fancy we might get the next announcement? Obviously the announcements have been all over the place this year, with little or no warning given.

There are a few gaps lower down the line-up [though the main stage now looks more or less complete], yet we already have some acts for the alternative stage.

Something for the middle of next month do we feel? Or earlier?

I'd say mid to late May for the rest of alternative stage and filling any gaps in the lineup. Then if Jack Rocks Is still there I'd expect that and Introducing to come a lot nearer the fest.

22 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's The Hunna.

well communtiy has lost my 3rd year ticket sale if that happens (unless theres like glass animals on the undercard yes please)

I really don't know who will headline community next year, Two Door aren't very new honestly - maybe like Royal Blood they stick out to me but not really the right crowd. Not sure.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

well communtiy has lost my 3rd year ticket sale if that happens (unless theres like glass animals on the undercard yes please)

I really don't know who will headline community next year, Two Door aren't very new honestly - maybe like Royal Blood they stick out to me but not really the right crowd. Not sure.

Bastille, Jamie T, The Kooks or Courteeners are my bets.

21 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Bastille, Jamie T, The Kooks or Courteeners are my bets.

Bastille I think are a safe bet, bit boring though. Courteeners nobody cares about down south, kooks are bit small and not sure for Jamie T don't listen but like 10+ years old act so maybe not.

I think Kasabian isn't the worst idea, not active really this year other than IOW, not really new but neither are TDCC - although they are like 5 years old which is pretty significant. I honestly think they will drop the 'celebrating new music' thing very soon unless we get an influx of potential headliners as with TI at Citadel and the 1975 eyeing up bigger festivals nobody really screams Community to me. Does anyone remember what acts were on the survey I know TDCC were for sure, I just went through my inbox but the survey no longer exists so I can't check. I'm going with Kasabian for now with a undercard that has like Glass Animals and maybe Foster the People near the top. Well that's what i'd like at least.

47 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think Kasabian isn't the worst idea, not active really this year other than IOW, not really new but neither are TDCC - although they are like 5 years old which is pretty significant. I honestly think they will drop the 'celebrating new music' thing very soon unless we get an influx of potential headliners as with TI at Citadel and the 1975 eyeing up bigger festivals nobody really screams Community to me. Does anyone remember what acts were on the survey I know TDCC were for sure, I just went through my inbox but the survey no longer exists so I can't check. I'm going with Kasabian for now with a undercard that has like Glass Animals and maybe Foster the People near the top. Well that's what i'd like at least.

Kasabian aren't gonna do a festival that they're obviously too big for just cos they have nowt else to do that day pal.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Kasabian aren't gonna do a festival that they're obviously too big for just cos they have nowt else to do that day pal.

Yeah, a Finsbury park gig is likely the couple days before but Community won't happen. They'll also have to raise the price and one of communities biggest selling points is that it's relatively cheap.