Lineup 2018

19 hours ago, Twice said:

Jumping off @Mattymooz poster from reddit is anyone else baffled that this isn't the lineup? Makes so much more sense to me in terms of clashes, runs and size of the acts. That pendulum/kendrick clash is absolutely brutal for me and i can see quite a few others - I feel like the pop rock/ american rock fans would be happier with this too being able to end the night on sum 41 and it doesn't seem like there's as much of a crossover with fans against kendrick. Wanted to keep pendulum in a tent too hence putting pendulum on the friday.

I dunno, what do you think? It would make the lineup look so much better imo.

rearranged.png

Clashing Sum 41 and Papa Roach would not be the best idea.

Tbf they aren't wrong. Except in thinking that they are the only one with access to the world wide web.

Even if Arctics are not doing it, the three week gap between the last European show and the first UK show is gonna get people talking and at least 60% of every secret set is gonna be people there to see The World's First Monster Truck Front Flip and the like.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bigcharlie65 said:

honestly I would be so pissed off if they are!

Why? You've not bought a ticket for the secret set and there isn't even a guarantee of there being one at all. Getting pissed off that they've got pretty much the biggest act they could get to do it would be weird.

27 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Why? You've not bought a ticket for the secret set and there isn't even a guarantee of there being one at all. Getting pissed off that they've got pretty much the biggest act they could get to do it would be weird.

I'm guessing because he isn't going so will be annoyed about missing them. Which is fair, I'd have been annoyed about missing Queens this year, especially because I wouldn't have known how fucking boring it would be.

Just now, Steve1000 said:

I'm guessing because he isn't going so will be annoyed about missing them. Which is fair, I'd have been annoyed about missing Queens this year, especially because I wouldn't have known how fucking boring it would be.

Ohhhh, that's different if that's the case and I've misinterpreted it. QOTSA were poor on the NME stage?

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

No one wants to see half of villains being played. Glad I wasn’t the only one disappointed after making a midday sprint. 

1 minute ago, Retro P said:

No one wants to see half of villains being played. Glad I wasn’t the only one disappointed after making a midday sprint. 

To be fair I’m sure the whole reason for the set was to promote the album, also as it came out that day it kinda made sense. 

I was glancing through the previous years' posters for ideas to use in a 2019 prediction and was thinking about the best headline set I've seen. I'd go for:

Foals
Queens of the Stone Age
Metallica
Paramore
Biffy Clyro (2016)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Arctic Monkeys
Disclosure
Fall Out Boy
Eminem
blink-182
The Libertines

I didn't count Green Day or Kasabian because I missed parts of their sets but from what I saw they both looked good. 

Yours?

29 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I was glancing through the previous years' posters for ideas to use in a 2019 prediction and was thinking about the best headline set I've seen. I'd go for:

Foals
Queens of the Stone Age
Metallica
Paramore
Biffy Clyro (2016)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Arctic Monkeys
Disclosure
Fall Out Boy
Eminem
blink-182
The Libertines

I didn't count Green Day or Kasabian because I missed parts of their sets but from what I saw they both looked good. 

Yours?

My top5 is:
Foos 2012
Green Day
Biffy 2013
MCHR
Muse 2011

QOTSA and Metallica were pretty good too

52 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Foals
Queens of the Stone Age
Metallica
Paramore
Biffy Clyro (2016)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Arctic Monkeys
Disclosure
Fall Out Boy
Eminem
blink-182
The Libertines

Yours?

QOTSA

Arctics

Paramore

Foals

Libertines

Mumfords (at least this was a laugh cos we just pissed about in the crowd)

Metallica (saw the second half and it was mostly really dull but a couple of good songs)

RHCP (left after about 3 songs, absolutely dreadful)

So the 3 best were all the first year I went. I didn't even particularly care about Paramore at the time but they were great and I'm quite a big fan now.

Edited by Odessa

Went and saw Shame last night, really good live band to be honest, a lot better than I expected and the album sounded class live as well. Odd sort of crowd, mostly over 40's, I'd say at least 80% over the age of 40 which I wasn't expecting at all. 

Still can't imagine what they'd be like on the mainstage, mid afternoon like they seem to be. Last night was perfectly sized for them, (Small room in the Leadmill), I just can't really imagine them going down that well on a chilled afternoon vibe. Though I could be completely wrong, depending who's clashing with them I might see them again. 

11 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Foals
Queens of the Stone Age
Metallica
Paramore
Biffy Clyro (2016)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Arctic Monkeys
Disclosure
Fall Out Boy
Eminem
blink-182
The Libertines

Yours?

1. The Cure - 2012

2. Pulp - 2011

3. Muse - 2011

4. Biffy Clyro - 2013

5. Foo Fighters - 2012

6. The Strokes - 2011

7. Green Day - 2013

1. Foals - 2016
  2. Muse - 2017
  3. Biffy Clyro - 2016
  4. Eminem - 2017
  5. Disclosure - 2016
  6. Metallica - 2015
  7. Mumford and Sons - 2015
  8. Arctic Monkeys - 2014
  9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2016

Saw some of Blink, Paramore, The Libertines and Kasabian as well but haven't listed them as I didn't see the full sets.

1. Biffy 2013

2. Foos 2012

3. Foals 2016

4. Kasabian 2017

5. Biffy 2016

Enjoyed blink as they're still one of my favourite bands, but the set was pretty shite and comfortably the worst time I've seen them.

Edited by mttJ