Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

If you were on here at the time of that happening you would’ve seen how much I complained about being dragged to see them with someone.

ah fair enough, did you like Coasts? I am seeing them this weekend really good band imo

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

ah fair enough, did you like Coasts? I am seeing them this weekend really good band imo

Yeah I loved Coasts, great little band. Always liked them after having their song on FIFA drilled into my head a couple years ago haha. Met them after the gig, really nice guys. They’re really good live, have fun mate.

Edited by TheWaters

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah I loved Coasts, great little band. Always liked them after having their song on FIFA drilled into my head a couple years ago haha. Met them after the gig, really nice guys. They’re really good live, have fun mate.

Yeah I saw and met them at a gig in like October I think at the Horn (a local pub) but now they've grown a lot. Hightime really do advertise well i'll give them that, Coasts and the Hunna have both sold out some big shows and are growing at a good rate.

Jumping off @Mattymooz poster from reddit is anyone else baffled that this isn't the lineup? Makes so much more sense to me in terms of clashes, runs and size of the acts. That pendulum/kendrick clash is absolutely brutal for me and i can see quite a few others - I feel like the pop rock/ american rock fans would be happier with this too being able to end the night on sum 41 and it doesn't seem like there's as much of a crossover with fans against kendrick. Wanted to keep pendulum in a tent too hence putting pendulum on the friday.

I dunno, what do you think? It would make the lineup look so much better imo.

rearranged.png

Edited by Twice

1 minute ago, Twice said:

Jumping off @Mattymooz poster from reddit is anyone else baffled that this isn't the lineup? Makes so much more sense to me in terms of clashes, runs and size of the acts. That pendulum/kendrick clash is absolutely brutal for me and i can see quite a few others - I feel like the pop rock/ american rock fans would be happier with this too being able to end the night on sum 41 and it doesn't seem like there's as much of a crossover with fans against kendrick. Wanted to keep pendulum in a tent too hence putting pendulum on the friday.

I dunno, what do you think?

rearranged.png

nah it makes more sense as it is

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

2018 > 2017

Undercard is so much better this year, just a shame that the headliner choices are such odd choices given who's about - FOB headlining outright in particular just makes the whole lineup look so much worse than it is. Not that that's a new opinion on here :lol:

Have given some of Mike Shinoda's solo material a listen and am having a hard time fathoming just how it's gonna go over on the main stage. Sure he'll have those few Linkin Park songs (interested to see how he incorporates Chester's bits) but it's all very soppy, and quite frankly, shite, and do people who go to R/L these days even give a shit about Linkin Park? Weird placing.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Have given some of Mike Shinoda's solo material a listen and am having a hard time fathoming just how it's gonna go over on the main stage. Sure he'll have those few Linkin Park songs (interested to see how he incorporates Chester's bits) but it's all very soppy, and quite frankly, shite, and do people who go to R/L these days even give a shit about Linkin Park? Weird placing.

I think if LP headlined recently they'd have gone down okay. Not great but decent enough, if Blink and the like can. I reckon he'll have a pretty big crowd.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s easy to forget because of what happened with Chester that the last Linkin Park was terrible too.

On 7. 4. 2018 at 1:10 AM, UndergroundSound said:

Anyone been to rock am ring? I'm seriously considering going this year.

I am regular to Rock im Park, a sister fest (like Leeds to Reading). Park is at Nurnberg's city park while Ring is at race track in central Germany = more complicated logistics. Apart from location, the only major difference is curfew which is 3 am at Ring vs. ~midnight in Park.

It's a brilliant festival. Happy to share more of interested/relevant

Edited by Ferda
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I was thinking this when a few people were predicting him for slots as big as 5th down. Gerard Way opened NME and I thought Mike Shinoda would get a similar early special guest slot or something if he played. Surely he's less of a big deal than Gerard Way, too? I'm not even sure I knew his name until people on here were predicting him.

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought there was few alright songs in his solo....over again I liked but maybe I'll accept the slower stuff a bit more to a point as I was a huge fan.

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I was thinking this when a few people were predicting him for slots as big as 5th down. Gerard Way opened NME and I thought Mike Shinoda would get a similar early special guest slot or something if he played. Surely he's less of a big deal than Gerard Way, too? I'm not even sure I knew his name until people on here were predicting him.

I don’t know if it makes a huge difference, but I recall Gerard Way being quite clear that he was only going to be doing solo stuff, and no MCR. I can’t imagine that happening with Mike Shinoda 5th down on main 

56 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

I don’t know if it makes a huge difference, but I recall Gerard Way being quite clear that he was only going to be doing solo stuff, and no MCR. I can’t imagine that happening with Mike Shinoda 5th down on main 

That will be the difference, he will leave the most slow and soppy stuff to his own tour after and do a couple that are a bit more rappy I'd expect, along with 3 linkin park and a couple of Fort Minor. He knows if he just did 2 LP and a Fort Minor song then say 7 new songs then the set will bomb.

46 minutes ago, MattLD7 said:

abit off topic, but does anyone have a vague idea how much the tickets will cost to see Arctic Monkeys on their arena tour? 

Have a look in Other UK festivals, and in the tour announcements thread in Glastonbury Chat, each of those are discussing prices.

1 hour ago, MattLD7 said:

abit off topic, but does anyone have a vague idea how much the tickets will cost to see Arctic Monkeys on their arena tour? 

http://www.flydsaarena.co.uk/whats-on/arctic-monkeys-5590#_descriptionWrapper

Don't think it's that expensive for ticket prices at the moment, probably standard.

1 hour ago, MattLD7 said:

Would estimate £65 for standing, £75 for good seats and £55 for high up seats? 

They have considerable gaps in their tour which suggests there might be a lot more extra dates to be added.

Edited by R Shah