Lineup 2018

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf it's not that long ago that you would got shot for the suggestion of liking The Kooks. I actually see them for the older stuff being the only act that day I'd be bothered about.

I wasn’t a fan when they first came out, found them too poppy and manufactured. Like they just rolled out of topman with indie hair and guitars. Instantly mainstream which hindered them greatly but they’re probably better than I and plenty others gave them credit for. Whereas I liked FOB back in the day but have no time for them now, funny thing is think I’d appreciate a nostalgic set now from the Kooks more than I’d admit. 

7 hours ago, Retro P said:

I wasn’t a fan when they first came out, found them too poppy and manufactured. Like they just rolled out of topman with indie hair and guitars. Instantly mainstream which hindered them greatly but they’re probably better than I and plenty others gave them credit for. Whereas I liked FOB back in the day but have no time for them now, funny thing is think I’d appreciate a nostalgic set now from the Kooks more than I’d admit. 

See I loved them when they 1st came out, the thing is though that was up the I did scene then. They had a great 1st album with catchy tunes.....a bit similar to Razorlight on their 1st two and Johnny with his similar curled locks etc. I was tempted to see them in Ibiza last year but waited too long to purchase tickets and it was above what I'd pay by the time.

As for FOB, I was a huge when back in 2006/2007 years but soon after just outgrew them and too I wouldn't see them. They played 09 Reading actually, we heard them in the distance but I'd scene then plenty by then I just wasn't bothered. On the surface I don't see them as a headliner but given their tours I don't see any difference between some previous one's either.....that argument probably comes down to personal taste depending on act.

52 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

Panic playing the Other Stage at Biggest Weekend. Surely that's the first time that's happened with a Reading and Leeds Headliner.

Nope, Kasabian did that a few years ago. There's probably been others too. And really, there's nothing to look into when it comes to placings at the Big Weekend - it's always really random.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

18 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Last year's didn't make it past page 5 so probably not.

There's been a lot of new posters who were willing to make posters pretty much daily at one point so seems like we've got less lazy this year. I reckon we could finish it.

I know I was the one who suggested it so feel like a bellend asking someone else to do it but I honestly don't have time so if anyone else could set it up it would be appreciated:lol:

Edited by Steve1000

On 28/03/2018 at 8:12 PM, rfc_478 said:

‘allegations’ is the key word there. Anyone can make an allegation, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. They deny it, and you’re innocent until proven guilty in this country. 

Bin them off because you think they’re a shit band- fine. But warning people off them because of an allegation that’s not been proved to be true? Doesn’t seem fair to me 

Just as easy to say guilty until proven innocent. I mean that's a dumb thing to say but if you want to all act blind and continue supporting someone who has several serious accusations made against them but go ahead. But who is going to look like a twat if it is true? It's far better to take a more neutral stance and while you can make light of the fact that they're allegations but it is also important listen to victims and take them seriously. Don't brush them under the rug and pretend they never happened.

How these bands and their fans approach this allegations is also disgusting. I mean using victim shaming, bully and threatening legal action against someone who can't defend themselves is the only way to find the truth (fuck you Don Broco and Moose Blood). But it's not like 1 in 10 cases of sexual assault are ever brought to trail and only around 6% of cases end up in a conviction. I guess, the only logical conclusion is that these people making allegations are doing it for attention I guess.

Fuck, I didn't even say that you should not to listen to them. I was just pointing out such allegations exist. Maybe you should look up the context of these allegations before you start telling people it's ok to listen to artists with such allegations guilt free  because it's only an allegation. They maybe a rapist but then again they might not be. Who knows at the end of the day so it's safe to assume that they're not scum of the earth and it's ok to support them (not like the allegations caused you to think for a second anyway) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean there were several allegations made. Not just one person. If that doesn't ring alarm bells with you then I don't know what to say. But if you're ok with supporting with that then be my guest. But I'm not. It only supports toxic masculinity and sexism in the scene. But then again the scene isn't that way because that's what a bunch of a white dudes told me so I guess everything is hunky doory.

Anyway I'm not surprised that this post is supported by this form. You're all quick to slam people like Jesse Lacey and Ben Hopkins, which are still just allegations so we may as well start jerking off to Science Fiction again and praising PWR BTTM for being progressive, but when it comes to bands like Moose Blood, Don Broco, Pinegrove, Nothing But Thieves and The King Blues you're all quick to turn a blind eye and go "muh, allegations" and go on as if nothing happened. Just admit you're all a bunch of hypocrites and rape apologists.

TL;DR -  look up allegations, don't support rapists and you're all a bunch of hypocrites (except you dental x)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Just as easy to say guilty until proven innocent. I mean that's a dumb thing to say but if you want to all act blind and continue supporting someone who has several serious accusations made against them but go ahead. But who is going to look like a twat if it is true? It's far better to take a more neutral stance and while you can make light of the fact that they're allegations but it is also important listen to victims and take them seriously. Don't brush them under the rug and pretend they never happened.

How these bands and their fans approach this allegations is also disgusting. I mean using victim shaming, bully and threatening legal action against someone who can't defend themselves is the only way to find the truth (fuck you Don Broco and Moose Blood). But it's not like 1 in 10 cases of sexual assault are ever brought to trail and only around 6% of cases end up in a conviction. I guess, the only logical conclusion is that these people making allegations are doing it for attention I guess.

Fuck, I didn't even say that you should not to listen to them. I was just pointing out such allegations exist. Maybe you should look up the context of these allegations before you start telling people it's ok to listen to artists with such allegations guilt free  because it's only an allegation. They maybe a rapist but then again they might not be. Who knows at the end of the day so it's safe to assume that they're not scum of the earth and it's ok to support them (not like the allegations caused you to think for a second anyway) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean there were several allegations made. Not just one person. If that doesn't ring alarm bells with you then I don't know what to say. But if you're ok with supporting with that then be my guest. But I'm not. It only supports toxic masculinity and sexism in the scene. But then again the scene isn't that way because that's what a bunch of a white dudes told me so I guess everything is hunky doory.

Anyway I'm not surprised that this post is supported by this form. You're all quick to slam people like Jesse Lacey and Ben Hopkins, which are still just allegations so we may as well start jerking off to Science Fiction again and praising PWR BTTM for being progressive, but when it comes to bands like Moose Blood, Don Broco, Pinegrove, Nothing But Thieves and The King Blues you're all quick to turn a blind eye and go "muh, allegations" and go on as if nothing happened. Just admit you're all a bunch of hypocrites and rape apologists.

TL;DR -  look up allegations, don't support rapists and you're all a bunch of hypocrites (except you dental x)

seperate the art from the artists you freak

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, justanothername said:

Fuck, I just came on here to talk about the new The Wonder Years album and how I'm excited to see Turnstile at Trees and this happened. Wowza 

Thoughts? I’m struggling with it. I think it is a step back. I’m finding it very hard to get to the end of it without feeling bored.