Lineup 2018

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I know they're not going to admit to doing a secret set already but The 1975's manager seems to be making a big deal of their next tour, saying the first few shows will be a huge live spectacle which combined with this doesn't really scream a half hour set in the Radio 1 tent.

It is a fully planned spectacle for then still though as they know about it.

I do wonder though if Reading will use them as a co-headliner with Glastonbury having them sub.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No you commented that he was back on the poster, and I don’t think anyone commented because it was a point that had already been discussed. bigfish is saying that he is off the poster again.

I think he’ll still play if they are telling people he is still down to play. Pretty strange scenario this is turning out to be though.

He’s back, yet again. This is really confusing.

I had a dream (or the last bit of your dream where you fake-wake up and check your phone) that there was another announcement where Weezer had replaced The Kooks (and were the only band with a logo on the poster), a band had been added to the Pit whose name was three lines long on the poster and, best of all, Rolo Tomassi were added to Main and they were doing an AMA on this thread.

:dontknow:

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I had a dream (or the last bit of your dream where you fake-wake up and check your phone) that there was another announcement where Weezer had replaced The Kooks (and were the only band with a logo on the poster), a band had been added to the Pit whose name was three lines long on the poster and, best of all, Rolo Tomassi were added to Main and they were doing an AMA on this thread.

I'd so take Weezer over The Kooks lol Cool dream :D

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die in the next announcement then ;)

Is there a possibility that the current poster style is how it's going to be now instead of the traditional poster? Like we're about 20 acts away from completion on the main 6 stages and usually we've had the traditional poster with logos and reading down etc. Maybe this new PR company is really changing it up and this is the new poster style?

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It is a fully planned spectacle for then still though as they know about it.

I do wonder though if Reading will use them as a co-headliner with Glastonbury having them sub.

Doubt that they would sub or co headline anywhere, think it’ll just be big old headline slots for them.

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Is there a possibility that the current poster style is how it's going to be now instead of the traditional poster? Like we're about 20 acts away from completion on the main 6 stages and usually we've had the traditional poster with logos and reading down etc. Maybe this new PR company is really changing it up and this is the new poster style?

Starting to look like that. I hope they do put an old fashioned one out just for the sake of it. 

Edit: won’t be anything to do with the PR company though.

51 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

Doubt that they would sub or co headline anywhere, think it’ll just be big old headline slots for them.

Well they’re unlikely to headline Glastonbury next year and I gather that people have their reservations about The 1975 headlining Glastonbury the year after they headline Reading or on an anniversary year, so if they want to play Glastonbury on this album cycle and also headline R+L then that may be the only way, a bit like Foals a couple of years back.

Edited by dentalplan

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Starting to look like that. I hope they do put an old fashioned one out just for the sake of it. 

Edit: won’t be anything to do with the PR company though.

Yeah I hope so too, I like it a lot more than this one and kinda like seeing logo bands.

Ahh I wasn't sure whether it was anything to do with PR or not.

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Is it worth doing a hurt/heal game this year? 

I'd say go for it, but that's just me because I find them interesting and kind of fun haha.

Right this isn't Reading or fest related at all but I'm a very stressy person and kind of just need input so you've had warning and please ignore if you don't care. (People on here know so much more than me about gigs and stuff and although I know no one will know for sure I just wonder what other people think)

Right so I'm going to a gig next Monday and I bought my ticket a month or two ago. My friends all received their tickets at the same time but I wasn't going to worry because I know about different dispatch times and stuff so I just waited. It said on the website that if my ticket hasn't arrived 5 days before the event then I should contact and I was fully prepared to wait till then. Yesterday I realised that I won't be in the country from 04/04 till 08/04 (day before the event) so I wouldn't be able to contact 5 days before. So I emailed and they said they'd voided the original ticket and they've arranged one I could pick up from the box office. Great. But, stupidly, I read the email wrong and thought it said bring the card you paid with and ID (but it actually said bring one of) so I explained how it wasn't my card but infact my dad's card I paid with (as I was locked out of mine) to which I was told that they aren't allowed to give me any details as I'm not the cardholder. 

My massive worry is, will my tickets still be available for me to pick up on the day or would they have possibly been cancelled? Like if I turn up with the card (because it's my card it just has his name on it) and booking reference will they actually have the duplicate or will it have been held or something. The guy did say he'd arranged it and already voided the original so surely he can't cancel it without giving me notice? I realise I'm probably being so annoying and no one cares but if anyone can offer an insight or advice I'd greatly appreciate as i'm almost panicking I won't be able to get in. Cheers.

Edited by TheWaters

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Right this isn't Reading or fest related at all but I'm a very stressy person and kind of just need input so you've had warning and please ignore if you don't care. (People on here know so much more than me about gigs and stuff and although I know no one will know for sure I just wonder what other people think)

Right so I'm going to a gig next Monday and I bought my ticket a month or two ago. My friends all received their tickets at the same time but I wasn't going to worry because I know about different dispatch times and stuff so I just waited. It said on the website that if my ticket hasn't arrived 5 days before the event then I should contact and I was fully prepared to wait till then. Yesterday I realised that I won't be in the country from 04/04 till 08/04 (day before the event) so I wouldn't be able to contact 5 days before. So I emailed and they said they'd voided the original ticket and they've arranged one I could pick up from the box office. Great. But, stupidly, I read the email wrong and thought it said bring the card you paid with and ID (but it actually said bring one of) so I explained how it wasn't my card but infact my dad's card I paid with (as I was locked out of mine) to which I was told that they aren't allowed to give me any details as I'm not the cardholder. 

My massive worry is, will my tickets still be available for me to pick up on the day or would they have possibly been cancelled? Like if I turn up with the card (because it's my card it just has his name on it) and booking reference will they actually have the duplicate or will it have been held or something. The guy did say he'd arranged it and already voided the original so surely he can't cancel it without giving me notice? I realise I'm probably being so annoying and no one cares but if anyone can offer an insight or advice I'd greatly appreciate as i'm almost panicking I won't be able to get in. Cheers.

Yeah I don’t think you have anything to worry about. They’d have said if there was anything else voided.

• Upvote 1