Lineup 2018

On 11/12/2017 at 12:32 PM, dentalplan said:

Does anyone else think they should have Big Shaq open main stage one of the days? Will only need a short set but people will get into the arena early regardless.

Btw I'm convinced that this wasn't only a good prediction, but a booker thought this was a great idea and stole it off me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Been busy all day and only just looked at the new acts and Christ that is another poor announcement. Spring King and DFA are good additions and Mike Shinoda will be cool for other people but I've never really rated Linkin Park to be honest. 

Also think the lineup has somehow got even worse with skepta being removed. Easily one of the highlights of the weekend.

Might not even buy a day ticket for the kendrick day at this rate.

It is a terrible lineup on the whole, no denying that, it's been that way generally imo though bar one day sticking out for the past 5/6 years and this year Saturday sticks out for me. I think Mike will pull a huge crowd personally and he's defo a stick out for me. I'd actually rather they Switched Hoolywood Undead with Skindred but ah well

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Clashfinder data for the new acts from the first day (top 16 acts)

image.thumb.png.5dfb96b47ecf55da0b37a832823b9ac4.png

Overall top 25 (Kendrick getting rekt by the 00's indiepop)

image.thumb.png.8db210235be3c5e6ff7d15363ed17148.png

I'm only into 3 of those top 16 acts but I would watch The Kooks if I was there on their day, it's probably only them I'd care for on their day though. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I really love the lineup now. I think it’s the best since 2015. I’ve counted 36 acts I would happily watch if clashes didn’t exist. 

If I'm just going by number of acts sure, but my evenings would be crap. Currently I have:

- Fri: Nothing after the end of The Blaze other than the NBT/DFA/Bicep clash

- Sat: Nothing after the end of Sigrid except for the Kendrick/Pendulum clash

- Sun: Nothing after Normandie/A-Trak except for Don Broco

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I really love the lineup now. I think it’s the best since 2015. I’ve counted 36 acts I would happily watch if clashes didn’t exist. 

2015 I had 15/16 acts to see, 14 clash free but not one main headliner, by that I mean main or NME to justify the price but I still nearly went for The Libertines day as there was 7 acts to see. Metallica would have ended on either Catfish or Twin Atlantic if I could be bothered so wasn't worth it but overall I think they did okay considering the price. 2016 there was no chance and 2017 there wasn't much either. 2014 is a year I may have gone if there was more in the middle of the Arctics day and early on Paramore...this being day I went to Creamfields and had a blast so.

54 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’ve come to the conclusion Dudey Rhino has paid Skepta off to drop out. Grime must be stopped at all costs. 

Nah I don’t know what happened or really care too much but am a bit gutted to say the least :/

I mean at least there isn't a Skepta/ AJ Tracey clash now. 

Didn't think it was possible for them to push Sigrid down into a clash with Dua Lipa and still have Deaf Havana as a piss-poor NME sub, but here we are. FR in a nutshell. That four-way Dua/Sigrid/Brockhampton/Pale Waves clash is so stupid and unnecessary I might not bother with a day ticket now tbh.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

37 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Didn't think it was possible for them to push Sigrid down into a clash with Dua Lipa and still have Deaf Havana as a piss-poor NME sub, but here we are. FR in a nutshell. That four-way Dua/Sigrid/Brockhampton/Pale Waves clash is so stupid and unnecessary I might not bother with a day ticket now tbh.

i wonder who could replace skepta.

36 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Sigrid and Brockhampton won’t clash, they’re playing the same stage.

They were always going to have decent options against Pale Waves on the FR otherwise their crowd could be too big for that stage

26 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Sigrid and Brockhampton won’t clash, they’re playing the same stage.

I know but it'd be impossible to see both of those and all of Dua and PW, whereas it'd have been very easy to have no overlap between any of the four of them.

26 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

They were always going to have decent options against Pale Waves on the FR otherwise their crowd could be too big for that stage

I get that but putting the three main hype acts of the entire weekend all on at more or less the same time is a bit much. If Pale Waves' crowd is such a concern they should've just booked them for the NME - they've been steadily getting buzz since last summer, it's not like one of those situations where a band booked on FR suddenly goes from nothing to a 'must-see' ages after the poster comes out and it's too late to do anything about it (e.g. The 1975 in 2013, Catfish in 2014).

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Damn quit being petty. They could have had none of them on the same day as Kendrick, but now you maybe can see two of them and the main man..

1 minute ago, MattLD7 said:

Do you guys think that was the final announcement or will there likely to be more ? 

There will be more, currently the Dance stage has barely anything (only 2 new acts added in this wave).

According to the clashfinder (and assuming there is the same amount as last year), we still have:

Main: 1 act

Radio 1: 7 acts (+1 to replace Skepta)

Dance: 13 acts

Pit/LockUp: 7 acts

FR: 4 acts

1Xtra: 4 acts

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

There will be more, currently the Dance stage has barely anything (only 2 new acts added in this wave).

According to the clashfinder (and assuming there is the same amount as last year), we still have:

Main: 1 act

Radio 1: 7 acts (+1 to replace Skepta)

Dance: 13 acts

Pit/LockUp: 7 acts

FR: 4 acts

1Xtra: 4 acts

Right Matty you’re into your dance music, who the fuck is Brunswick? Found one spotify song and nothing else why are they in this announcement is there something I’m missing haha.

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Right Matty you’re into your dance music, who the fuck is Brunswick? Found one spotify song and nothing else why are they in this announcement is there something I’m missing haha.

I think he's a rapper? If we talking about the same song then theres a rapper on that, and I also think it's him featured on this song:

Either way I don't think much of it atm, expect he'll be pretty low on that stage

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The "Leeds Festival Stage" at Live at Leeds has Peace, Sunset Sons and Dermot Kennedy on it. :dontknow:

Assuming not a cock up because you'd hope they're not that dumb, but would love Peace to be added. Would be a decent name to head the next announcement being as it will be a small one 

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think he's a rapper? If we talking about the same song then theres a rapper on that, and I also think it's him featured on this song:

Either way I don't think much of it atm, expect he'll be pretty low on that stage

I found this one and it’s more dance-y so I’d assume it’s maybe this one? 

Either way it’s still shit and don’t understand why they’ve put these in the announcement over a load of other dance acts that are to come.