Lineup 2018

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Fair point, but who else is there that could headline community though. TDCC and Catfish were both like small arena level. I cant think of many other recent bands at that level except Royal Blood.

Royal Blood are similarly too big. Probably The Kooks or something.

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

The whole point is 'celebrating new music' so I assume the Kooks are too old. Maybe Chvrches or Wolf Alice or something will be miles bigger in a year.

Between The Wombats and the top three this year, it seems like they’ve somewhat moved away from the new music thing.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Been a long while since Two Door played there.

Time fles, I didn’t realise it was that long ago. I remember the ad on TV to sell the remaining tickets.

edit: that first album though was quallo

Edited by Bisque

11 hours ago, Bisque said:

I don’t remember The O2 Arena being that small? Biggest in London overtaking Earls Court iirc.

Catfish have played SSE Arena and TDCC have played 2 nights at ally pally on their most recent tour -  both bands sold out I think. Neither have played O2 yet but I'm certain Catfish will on their next tour.

Edited by R Shah
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Catfish have played SSE Arena and TDCC have played 2 nights at ally pally on their most recent tour -  both bands sold out I think. Neither have played O2 yet but I'm certain Catfish will on their next tour.

Two Door deffo played the 02, December 2013 on the Beacon tour (wait was it the Beacon tour? Changing Of The Seasons was out but I'm sure it was the Beacon tour). 

Edited by TheWaters

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

depends how soon they tour if its this winter I think ally pally, since they've played basically every medium sized festival  and London headline sets two years running there won't be that much demand for them honestly. Maybe if its in Spring or Autumn next year.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

depends how soon they tour if its this winter I think ally pally, since they've played basically every medium sized festival  and London headline sets two years running there won't be that much demand for them honestly. Maybe if its in Spring or Autumn next year.

Good point, theyll have played sse arena, finsbury and Victoria park in like 18 months. Maybe 3 nights at ally pally like royal blood did then arenas round the rest of the country?

I hope QOTSA are still doing shows in 2019. Them alongside the 1975 and someone else would be quite nice. Thing is, foos and queens tour both finish at the end of this year - so I'm also hoping them crooked vultures get back together and do some shows. Would love to see them subbing a big rock headliner next year if there is one.

Just bought a Saturday ticket for Reading. I was considering leaving it till the weekend of the fest and trying to grab a cheap one on Twickets but I guess that Saturday will be the one in demand.

£83 incl. fees isn't cheap but I guess when you look at what Kendrick charged for his O2 shows it's still relative value for money. Looking forward to the next announcement to see who's going to fill those spaces on Saturday.