Lineup 2018

16 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

he has dropped in popularity in recent years mainly cause he hasn't released an album and his project blaze of feather didn't go well

Yes but I think him being on the line immediately below the headliners might show he’d still demand a higher a slot?

10 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Do we think the 1Xtra stage will finish early on the Kendrick day like it did with Eminem last year (So Wretch 32 would finish at about 9:40 and then Kendrick start like 10 minutes later) or just finish normal time?

Could go either way I suppose. They closed it early for Kendrick last time and he only subbed, but I could see Wretch being a decent alternative to Kendrick as well and if they are bringing in more and more rappers then they're gonna have to start clashing a few dissimilar ones. Probably more likely that they avoid clashing AJ Tracey and Skepta.

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

do all headliners play at the same time?

Pretty much yeah. At Reading all stages finish at 11:30 except the main at 11:20. On the main headliners usually play an hour and a half or two hours and other stage headliners usually play 45 mins-1 hour (there are exceptions like Marshmello playing 30 mins last year) but yeah basically same time.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:45 PM, dentalplan said:

Could go either way I suppose. They closed it early for Kendrick last time and he only subbed, but I could see Wretch being a decent alternative to Kendrick as well and if they are bringing in more and more rappers then they're gonna have to start clashing a few dissimilar ones. Probably more likely that they avoid clashing AJ Tracey and Skepta.

This made me think, considering the stage splits I would not understand why AJ would have a crowd of any form if he clashes with Skepta. One could argue that Skepta is essentially a straight upgrade, and fans of AJ will 100% be fans of Skepta. However, if there is one less headline slot on that day, that tent could get even more packed than it already inevitably will be

13 minutes ago, Batch27 said:

This made me think, considering the stage splits I would not understand why AJ would have a crowd of any form if he clashes with Skepta. One could argue that Skepta is essentially a straight upgrade, and fans of AJ will 100% be fans of Skepta. However, if there is one less headline slot on that day, that tent could get even more packed than it already inevitably will be

I agree that there really shouldn't be many at AJ while Skepta is on. For the most part, if you're a fan of AJ you're an even bigger fan of Skepta. 

15 hours ago, Batch27 said:

Well, like you say, the clash wouldn’t really steal from Skepta’s crowd but clear out AJ’s, so I hope they do put Tracey on a bit earlier so he gets a chance of a good crowd. Probably deserves one more than Skep does in 2018.

1 hour ago, Kayf26 said:

Hey love bugs!

ive been watching the forum for a while! 

Whats the thoughts on royal blood? 

No tour announced or festivals.. fucks going on?!? 

Welcome. Doesn’t look like they’ll be there this year for, well, the reasons you’ve stated and also they’re too big to fit in now really.

Not sure as to why they’re not touring Europe at all this summer but if I was to guess it’d be to do with their attempts to crack America and possibly to not overdo things here.

• Upvote 1

I feel like Royal Blood are playing it very smart, not overexposing themselves in every field around unlike previously touted future headliners such as 2DCC and the Vaccines. Building anticipation up and focusing on being more established globally and setting themselves up instead of taking the easy dollar and playing everywhere over here which many up and coming bands find hard to resist. 

On 17/03/2018 at 12:07 PM, TheWaters said:

I kinda miss him. Feel like now there's now AM playing he's gone into hibernation until next year.

Oi oi!! Been readin the forum, just not as much since the line ups come out, think that’s the case for a lot of people. But yeah bois!! Been busy getting music recorded and out there!!! If ya guys got Spotify have a listen!!! xXx

https://open.spotify.com/track/0YQXtp6d5dR16sVp1Ro1yY?si=1qDRO_y9QB2UMuR8EiahPQ

Edited by Alfie Clayton
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1