Lineup 2018

4 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Looking back 2016 was such a good year

I finished the nights with: The 1975, Foals and Two Door Cinema Club. An indie fans wet dream. I personally thought it was better than last years lineup and will be better than this years too. Matter of opinion really though.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

I thought last year was a really good lineup for my tastes tbh (Although it was my first ever proper festival so I may have just thought that because I didn't know any better) and this years lineup so far is already aligning quite a bit with my tastes just to a lesser extent.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I thought last year was a really good lineup for my tastes tbh (Although it was my first ever proper festival so I may have just thought that because I didn't know any better) and this years lineup so far is already aligning quite a bit with my tastes just to a lesser extent.

I did 2016 too and I thought 2017 was way better for my tastes.

I didn't have any killer acts in 2016, but 2017 had Flume, Oh Wonder, Glass Animals and Muse who I all love

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I did 2016 too and I thought 2017 was way better for my tastes.

I didn't have any killer acts in 2016, but 2017 had Flume, Oh Wonder, Glass Animals and Muse who I all love

You have great taste. Did you go to EE before Glass Animals and Flume? My friends went and made me see them last night and they do not disappoint, best concert i've done even though the crowd was awful during Sundara (the support) it was like EE but lowkey became EDM especially for Night of the long knives, that song was incredible live been humming it since.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

You have great taste. Did you go to EE before Glass Animals and Flume? My friends went and made me see them last night and they do not disappoint, best concert i've done even though the crowd was awful during Sundara (the support) it was like EE but lowkey became EDM especially for Night of the long knives, that song was incredible live been humming it since.

I saw the start of Everything Everything and the end of Carpenter Brut as I wanted to see both. Kinda wish I had done it the other way round as apparently the end of Everything Everythings set was great (and I fucking love Distant Past) but oh well.

That night for me was so stacked, went and caught a bit of Noisia too in the break (though it was dead in the dance tent as Eminem had just come on). Would have loved to have seen One OK Rock, Shame, Andy C, While She Sleeps, Flatbush Zombies and Baby Strange too but they all clashed with each other which was unfortunate.

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That night for me was so stacked, went and caught a bit of Noisia too in the break (though it was dead in the dance tent as Eminem had just come on). Would have loved to have seen One OK Rock, Shame, Andy C, While She Sleeps, Flatbush Zombies and Baby Strange too but they all clashed with each other which was unfortunate.

I ditched everyone that night for Flatbush, cannot describe the love I have for them it was incredible to finally see them (and shake Zombie Juice’s hand). Although I do massively wish I saw Glass Animals. Also kind of regret picking Eminem over Flume.

Are we expecting the next announcement to be pretty much the full poster? Also, when are we thinking it might be? Scene as the latest bunch of acts were seemingly released prematurely to people's predictions. I feel like it may have been the case that the 2nd announcement was supposed to be released later than it was but due to the backlash the first lineup received they thought they'd try get people back on side by releasing the bigger acts sooner.

25 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Are we expecting the next announcement to be pretty much the full poster? Also, when are we thinking it might be? Scene as the latest bunch of acts were seemingly released prematurely to people's predictions. I feel like it may have been the case that the 2nd announcement was supposed to be released later than it was but due to the backlash the first lineup received they thought they'd try get people back on side by releasing the bigger acts sooner.

Hard to say really. There are fewer acts on the poster now than when they announced Eminem last year, so they’re still doing things at a slower rate.

It is usually the case that there’s a June announcement (after Slam Dunk or Download) where it’s all but completed aside from four or five acts and I can imagine that staying true.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hard to say really. There are fewer acts on the poster now than when they announced Eminem last year, so they’re still doing things at a slower rate.

It is usually the case that there’s a June announcement (after Slam Dunk or Download) where it’s all but completed aside from four or five acts and I can imagine that staying true.

Really haven't being paying attention to these threads so wasn't really sure if the timing of the next announcement has been debated or not. Personally, I'd be surprised if we get past the first week in April with no new acts being announced but ultimately this years R+L has just been a guessing game in terms of when info comes out. 

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s always at least thirty names still to come after April/May, not even counting later announced lineups like for the BBC Introducing or Alternative Stages. There’s no way they announce the whole thing next month.

I dunno it's usually most of them, here is what we styill had to come after April last year (and this includes replacements for MUNA, Bishop Briggs and PWR BTTM). I guess of course this doesnt also show the Relentless stage, Jack Rocks stage and that other leeds one I never remember the name of.

Untitled.png

53 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno it's usually most of them, here is what we styill had to come after April last year (and this includes replacements for MUNA, Bishop Briggs and PWR BTTM). I guess of course this doesnt also show the Relentless stage, Jack Rocks stage and that other leeds one I never remember the name of.

Untitled.png

Ok a bit short of thirty there but you just acknowledged that last year there were far more acts already announced, so I doubt it’s gonna go from a relative few to the full poster apart from a couple of handfuls of names.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ok a bit short of thirty there but you just acknowledged that last year there were far more acts already announced, so I doubt it’s gonna go from a relative few to the full poster apart from a couple of handfuls of names.

OK well I did the same with 2016 (which had 2 more names announced at this point than this year) and they have a very similar amount of acts left to be announced too.

This includes replacements for Fetty Wap, Haim, FVK, G-Eazy and Travis Scott.

Untitled.png

So effectively that is 21 names still to come in 2017 and 26 names still to come in 2016. Sure there will be more acts to come but the large majority of the poster will be out in april

Edited by Mattymooz

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

So effectively that is 21 names still to come in 2017 and 26 names still to come in 2016. Sure there will be more acts to come but the large majority of the poster will be out in april

If you like. Still seems substantially short of the full poster when they’re leaving out sizeable names like Neck Deep and quality like Whitney and King Gizz. As I said earlier June is basically when the whole lineup for the main stages is out bar a few replacements, competition winners and stage openers and you can start making plans around it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

If you like. Still seems substantially short of the full poster when they’re leaving out sizeable names like Neck Deep and quality like Whitney and King Gizz. As I said earlier June is basically when the whole lineup for the main stages is out bar a few replacements, competition winners and stage openers and you can start making plans around it.

Sure but considering the layout of the previous poster I think we have all the stage headliners now. Even if it is just more shit graphics work we'll know at that point as it will say headliner TBA.

I think you can make a lot of plans after april tbh. IT'll be relatively clear at that points what slots we are missing and most of them seem to be at the start of the day, so you can at least plan most of the big stuff and campaign for friends to buy tickets etc. Nobody is gonna be buying a £250 fest ticket to go and see Whitney however great they are :P