Lineup 2018

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah I dunno. I initially thought that as well when the lineup came out, but KoL will attract a lot of day ticketers I reckon. Skepta will get a good crowd yeah, but KoL still have quite a big pull.

Assuming KoL will play pretty much the same set as they have across the WALLS Tour, but a part of me is mooting that they might bang out a dozen hits and then play Only by the Night in full, unannounced. Arguably precedent with Green Day having thrown Dookie out in '13. Be curious, since the WALLS Tour is supposedly over and this is a fresh jaunt entirely. 

17 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Assuming KoL will play pretty much the same set as they have across the WALLS Tour, but a part of me is mooting that they might bang out a dozen hits and then play Only by the Night in full, unannounced. Arguably precedent with Green Day having thrown Dookie out in '13. Be curious, since the WALLS Tour is supposedly over and this is a fresh jaunt entirely. 

Aren't album in full shows normally done for fan favourite albums rather than bands' biggest albums? The people who are excited by the idea of album in full shows tend to be big fans, I would guess, and the excitement lies in hearing deep cuts from those albums that aren't usually played (e.g. hearing the likes of Hyper Music and Megalomania at Muse in 2011, or the Holy Bible songs that aren't usually played live from Manics in 2014).

I doubt anybody is wishing for KOL to come out and play 17 or I Want You. The album was huge because it had two huge singles and presumably a shit load of casual music fans picked it up on the back of them. They probably had it on in the car daily skipping half the CD to repeatedly hear Sex on Fire.

Regarding Kings of Leon, my and the girlfriend are going for the full weekend and will be seeing Skepta over KOL. Although a lot of our friends were either considering day tickets or coming the full weekend, and I'd say around 10 of them are extremely interested in just coming for the day to go to the main stage for KOL, Courteeners, Vaccines.

I'd say that Kings of Leon are going to pull a rather large crowd, bigger than Fall Out Boy and Panic (although Panic will have people waiting for Kendrick.) Although I do think Skepta is too big to be headlining the Radio 1 stage, unless it's gotten any bigger over the last couple of years it's going to be even busier than Twenty One Pilots and that was crazy in 2016.

31 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I'm pretty sure I've read in multiple places that it was a half full tent? Could be wrong, wasn't there myself, but I've heard it a lot.

nah man, the overflow of twenty one pilots fans was insane. was there beforehand for crystal castles and stayed for them and the crushing that ensued from all of these people trying to get in the tent was immense.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

nah man, the overflow of twenty one pilots fans was insane. was there beforehand for crystal castles and stayed for them and the crushing that ensued from all of these people trying to get in the tent was immense.

Oh really? See that's exactly what I would've assumed but I read a few articles saying the tent was half full. Fair enough then, Skepta will probably be a similar scenario I'm guessing.

14 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Tent was packed in 2016 for The 1975 and surprisingly Two Door Cinema Club opposite the Chilli Peppers as well. 

Pretty sure that the 1975 were bigger than fall out boy and vaccines in august 2016 yet for some reason fall out boy coheadlined and vaccines were subbing (effectively 3rd down)

Edited by R Shah