Lineup 2018

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Have I just missed it or is this the first year it's just the Radio 1 Stage and not Radio 1/NME?

Yeah it's been a long time coming though. I think when it went to a freesheet and stopped appearing on the bottom of the poster we were expecting it to go.

4 minutes ago, El_Mago said:

The weakest 1Xtra stage that I can remember though

For sure.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Not bad, not amazing.

Yeah I'm not really amped for the likes of Pendulum and The Kooks cruising into big slots but some semblance to the stages and how things will actually pan out not so bad after all is cool.

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Broco on NME is a huge disservice to them. Especially if they're at least 4th down.

To be fair they haven't grown that massively since they were 6th down NME a few years ago. I only realised the other day that that was their last slot, I assumed it was mid-Main or something.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

To be fair they haven't grown that massively since they were 6th down NME a few years ago. I only realised the other day that that was their last slot, I assumed it was mid-Main or something.

I feel like Broco are going to skyrocket now, they sold out their entire UK tour and added another one, they just keep going.

2 minutes ago, El_Mago said:

Honestly if you put pendulum either of the other nights I’d be tempted to buy a ticket ASAP. As it is I still don’t feel like going

Yeah I'm still scratching around for something to finish with on the sunday/friday 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's been a long time coming though. I think when it went to a freesheet and stopped appearing on the bottom of the poster we were expecting it to go.

For sure.

Yeah I'm not really amped for the likes of Pendulum and The Kooks cruising into big slots but some semblance to the stages and how things will actually pan out not so bad after all is cool.

Broco sold out Ally Pally dude...

Amazing how, without anything too startling being announced, the whole thing looks better.  They should have gone for stage splits straight away instead of giving the impression that certain acts were really high up, it made the whole thing look weak.

Strange how they are still missing half of the main stage line up on the Kendrick Lamar day.

Kate Nash is a complete curveball and she'll struggle to pull a respectable crowd against Kendrick Lamar but I'll have a look!

Was dreading going to this as I had tickets before announcement and the first one was absolutely dire, but the addition of La Dispute, Stray From The Path, I The Mighty, Trophy Eyes....The Pit stage is actually shaping up to be great this year and this is only Announcement 2 in. In my opinion, real strong announcement this time round for rock fans.

Although, that Kendrick/Pendulum clash seems bizarre to be honest.

Edited by brownsound

2 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

I feel like Broco are going to skyrocket now, they sold out their entire UK tour and added another one, they just keep going.

I'm pretty sure they didn't as I saw tickets were going cheap on resellers but can't say for sure.

1 minute ago, KingPin said:

Broco sold out Ally Pally dude...

Yeah and they were selling out pretty respectable venues before they played in 2015, no? I remember a similar feeling among posters that they were lowballing themselves last time too.

14 minutes ago, Lumz said:

RL-2018_2nd-Ann_web-poster_Line-Up_approved-23.2.18-900x1274.jpg

Given that they're getting the shove for The 1975 crowd, that slot in Festival Republic for Pale Waves is going to be rammed.

2018 mind you, the year where you can go see Papa Road and Hollywood Undead headline a tent.

Good on Billy Talent mailing in a Main Stage slot. Less good on Don Broco being fourth down on the Radio 1 stage, given their Ally Pally exploits, though one guesses they'll play tailend of Vaccines/beginning of Courteeners set so likely little crossover.

No announcement as such, obviously; but does Travis Scott appear to be the same font size as the four headliners? An extended sub-set, one might think.

The Horrors were hella patchy when I saw them last, not sure how they'll go down at R+L.