Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Only six more years until that 11 Plus. 

You can say that again.

But for a real response to Alfie's post: I think people might be ambitious to believe that the next announcement will be before the end of the month but I can't see it being later than the middle of next month. It was six weeks between day splits and stage splits posters last year, but there were many more acts last year and they would also have a lot less reason to worry about sales. This time they'll be losing customers to other festivals by the day and really can't afford to wait to try and bring them back on board - not to be too melodramatic but this could really be a catastrophic year for R+L (L in particular).

Whether it's salvageable is subjective though, obviously. If it's all about the headliners and subs then I think it's time to look elsewhere. If you spend most of the time seeing smaller bands across the stages and a headliner is a bonus (or you already like the headliners) then it's definitely gonna get a lot better.

En mass, seem far too impatient now. We’ve just had an announcement and people are saying ‘When’s the next one? I want another announement’ etc. You’ve just bloody had one. Chill and it’ll come when it comes. We waited until February for the first one, a few more weeks to wait again isn’t going to be too unbearable. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

En mass, seem far too impatient now. We’ve just had an announcement and people are saying ‘When’s the next one? I want another announement’ etc. You’ve just bloody had one. Chill and it’ll come when it comes. We waited until February for the first one, a few more weeks to wait again isn’t going to be too unbearable. 

I don't think people would be this keen if the announcement was actually good.

New Turnstile album is class. I've been listening to it all week and it's just a whole lot of fun. Easily their best work. Would like to see them on the Kendrick day but they're playing Outbreak in June so it's highly unlikely. Just wanted to mention how sick this album was :P

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

New Turnstile album is class. I've been listening to it all week and it's just a whole lot of fun. Easily their best work. Would like to see them on the Kendrick day but they're playing Outbreak in June so it's highly unlikely. Just wanted to mention how sick this album was :P

Excellent. I’m looking forward to listening to it later on today. Great band. I’m really into the Pianos Become The Teeth album at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Dudey rhinos newest video is the most cringiest thing ever. I think he's still living in a 14 year olds mind.

If you don’t like his videos, don’t watch them! He has an audience that watches (and presumably enjoys) his content and if he enjoys making videos then nobody should have a problem with that. You’re not being forced to watch them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Post Malone will be a booking like Liam Gallagher, as in at the time of announcement we wonder if he should really be playing tha high but by the time August comes he will fit the slot just fine. 

Tbf had he not been billed as an exclusive to Wireless then I'd probably have been predicting him as a sub, or at least NME headline. He'd have been very strong for 4th main if that's where he was originally meant to play.