Lineup 2018

I really really don't get the whole Kendrick thing either @foolee, but he's really not the problem with the line up, the problem with the line up is FOB/PATD and all the other rap/pop that's on the line up that doesn't make sense to me, especially when you consider a lot of it is different circles of people with not necessarily the strongest cross over (infact I'd say there's stronger cross over between Kendrick and rock/metal than there is between him and some of the rap/pop on this line up. Like seriously wtf is Dua Lipa and Post Malone doing on this line up? I genuinely think that it only looks awful because the 3rd headliner is naff and there's that much rap on the bill. The line up would look miles better being something like this (not wanting to change too much of the line up):

Foo Fighters / PATD / Wolf Alice / Nothing But Theives

Post Malone

Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Dua Lipa / Sum 41

The Vaccines

Kings Of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats / J Hus

Skepta

I still don't think that looks great, but at least it makes miles more sense that what we've got, I'm also assuming a good chunk of the rap already shown is just going to be on the Radio 1 extra stage (that is the one where all the rap goes right?)

6 minutes ago, KingPin said:

I really really don't get the whole Kendrick thing either @foolee, but he's really not the problem with the line up, the problem with the line up is FOB/PATD and all the other rap/pop that's on the line up that doesn't make sense to me, especially when you consider a lot of it is different circles of people with not necessarily the strongest cross over (infact I'd say there's stronger cross over between Kendrick and rock/metal than there is between him and some of the rap/pop on this line up. Like seriously wtf is Dua Lipa and Post Malone doing on this line up? I genuinely think that it only looks awful because the 3rd headliner is naff and there's that much rap on the bill. The line up would look miles better being something like this (not wanting to change too much of the line up):

Foo Fighters / PATD / Wolf Alice / Nothing But Theives

Post Malone

Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Dua Lipa / Sum 41

The Vaccines

Kings Of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats / J Hus

Skepta

I still don't think that looks great, but at least it makes miles more sense that what we've got, I'm also assuming a good chunk of the rap already shown is just going to be on the Radio 1 extra stage (that is the one where all the rap goes right?)

I'm sure if they could have that lineup, they would. But they can't, so they don't.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Anybody listened to High Tyde's new album?

Personally didn't like it too much, but have liked all the previous stuff. Was a bit disappointed. I'm seeing them tonight in Birmingham so I'll let you know if they're decent. I've always had them either early NME or mid FR and could deffo see them doing it.

17 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

If they had them early NME/ main stage on the Saturday or Sunday they'd be a very welcomed act that coupled with some others may get me to buy a weekend ticket.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them there. Or maybe somewhere on FR potentially 

10 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Personally didn't like it too much, but have liked all the previous stuff. Was a bit disappointed. I'm seeing them tonight in Birmingham so I'll let you know if they're decent. I've always had them either early NME or mid FR and could deffo see them doing it.

Wanted to go tonight but ive gotta work. Been wan to see them for time but its never been timely

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Neighbourhood cleaned up, too.

forgetting Boomtown as well.

1 minute ago, El_Mago said:

Wireless is really disappointing by their usual standards for me. I'd throw Lovebox in there for a killer line up

Wireless, Houghton, Mad Cool have all managed to sell out pretty fast.

Wireless sold out in a few days, Houghton sold out in a few hours.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Parklife hasn’t sold out has it?

And TRNSMT has only sold out the one day, one or two of those will probably struggle. BST has sold out more days than that I believe.

Nope but I reckon they have probably shifted more tickets. Parklife will definitely have high attendance if not sell out soon.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Parklife hasn’t sold out has it?

And TRNSMT has only sold out the one day, one or two of those will probably struggle. BST has sold out more days than that I believe.

Parklife have a 'handful' of weekend tickets left according to their twitter... I really need to decide for certain about going

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Nope but I reckon they have probably shifted more tickets. Parklife will definitely have high attendance if not sell out soon.

Just now, El_Mago said:

Parklife have a 'handful' of weekend tickets left according to their twitter... I really need to decide for certain about going

Ah okay fair enough. Parklife is seriously getting some “insane growth”, as the Rhino Dude would label it. It’s Leeds’ closest competitor now and it’s been kicking it’s arse for a few years.