Lineup 2018

3 hours ago, Breakfast club said:

I don't understand how they can say that indie fans can be happy when they release just the Wombats?  

20180213_191201.png

Lol. Do they actually believe the tripe they write? The Wombats were shite back in 2006, 'genre defining' fuck off. 

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't think many were that unhappy with the headliners

i think that's the main reason everyone's pissed cause everyone was expecting Foos or arctics or RB or Flo or imagine dragons were as what we got was a outdated headliner (kings of leon) a massive disappointment (fall out boy) and one that just arnt big enough (oanic at the disco) Basically we all set the bar way to high but I am surprised that arctics aren't doing another UK show after trsmt

2 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

i think that's the main reason everyone's pissed cause everyone was expecting Foos or arctics or RB or Flo or imagine dragons were as what we got was a outdated headliner (kings of leon) a massive disappointment (fall out boy) and one that just arnt big enough (oanic at the disco) Basically we all set the bar way to high but I am surprised that arctics aren't doing another UK show after trsmt

He's talking about last year.

There needs to be a new festival with a line up similar to how Reading and Leeds used to be.

The amount of great bands who are active in the summer, who the festival has missed out on because they feel they don't fit the demographic.

I'm not suggesting a weekend's worth of dad rock, but it'd be great to have a festival where someone like Weezer or the Manics or Morrissey or Pixies or whoever would play alongside newer up and coming acts. If Hip Hop is the in thing right now, then bring in veterans of the genre like Public Enemy, Ice Cube and Wu Tang.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

There needs to be a new festival with a line up similar to how Reading and Leeds used to be.

The amount of great bands who are active in the summer, who the festival has missed out on because they feel they don't fit the demographic.

I'm not suggesting a weekend's worth of dad rock, but it'd be great to have a festival where someone like Weezer or the Manics or Morrissey or Pixies or whoever would play alongside newer up and coming acts. If Hip Hop is the in thing right now, then bring in veterans of the genre like Public Enemy, Ice Cube and Wu Tang.

Weren't they going to bring back Phoenix Festival for that? Although Vince Power is banned from running festivals, so that won't happen. Perhaps APE could become that festival, although it's about as corporate as BST is which is a shame. 

Someone lit a flare at the kooks... yes, the kooks. It singed a hole in my coat and felt hair come out when I ran my hand through my hair. If I knew who he was he would 100% win my dickhead of the year award, did get some satisfaction from security kicking the shit out of him though.

Don't mind flares just don't be absolute w*nkers and wield them about as if there's nothing dangerous about them, cheers.

13 minutes ago, Plussix said:

Any chance they could just put Panic on the NME opposite Kendrick? I'd argue that's more of a headline spot than second last on main, and it would be a pretty good alternative for the FOB fans. And also leave open a more interesting sub for Kendrick.

Panic are co headlining with Kendrick which I just can't understand but that's the fact of the matter so they'll both be main stage.

Do we think that this year's line up signifies the direction that reading intend to take for the future? Artists like metallica, Qotsa, muse etc may never headline again. Would expect 1975 to headline next year. They'll probably bump up catfish and two door cinema club to coheadline level in the next few years.

Edited by R Shah

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Anyone on that lineup that's a good surprise for anyone? Only one I can see is Skepta but I won't even see him because so far i'm only going the Kendrick day at the most

Underoath but thats not enough to sell me a ticket

9 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Panic are co headlining with Kendrick which I just can't understand but that's the fact of the matter so they'll both be main stage.

Yeah, not disputing the co-headliner thing. But other festivals will have headliners play smaller stages, some times clashing with other headliners. With all the weird choices they've made this year, I could see them at least experimenting with how headliners work.

Not that I think it's likely.

I imagine mid day main stage something similar to what Parkway Drive played in 2016. Or at least were supposed to play before they dropped out last minute and broke my heart.  That being said I'm guessing that Underoath is equally popular in the UK as they are over here so I could be way off.

• Upvote 1

being honest, there's enough there that I could make a weekend of out of via nostalgia and sort of liking a few others songs, but there is nothing there that makes me excited enough to jump at a ticket.

Sum 41, UnderOath, Panic!, FOB (sans anything after Folie A Duex), Papa Roach etc. 16 year old me loves the shit out of those bands but i'm 27 now. 

Creeper, Wolf Alice, Dua Lipa, Sigrid, Tom Grennan, Pale Waves, Wombats, KOL, Beartooth, Hinds. I like some tracks of. Not massively into though.

The next announcement would probably give me enough but its just a flat lineup overall. Its not exciting. Sick of the fkcing Courteeners man, they have the one song ffs. Where's the resurgence come from?

I genuinely think the announcement would have been better received if Wolf Alice had been named as a headliner ahead of KoL or FoB. Then at least they could've been shown to be backing a young British band fronted by a female. 

Instead you've got two all male American bands which are ten years past their prime (three if you count P!atD).  

Edited by Abingdon1

7 hours ago, VCK said:

Gaslight Anthem 4th down on FOB day, Manics or Pixies headlining NME on Kendrick day.

I wouldn't say I've fixed it, but I've given those many cracks a good old papering.

Sadly Gaslight isn’t going to happen. They’ve got London dates in July and they aren’t going to fly over again.

i guess there’s a small chance Brian Fallon will be there, his new solo album has just been released 

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

I'd say there needs to be another 6/7 metal/ indie / Rock acts that I really want to see for me to even consider the weekend as an option. Dunno bout everyone else but feel like we have established that's where it lacks this year. 

I’m in the same boat. There’s a few I want to see right now but nowhere near enough to justify a ticket yet

Just now, rfc_478 said:

I’m in the same boat. There’s a few I want to see right now but nowhere near enough to justify a ticket yet

I mentioned it before but having the wombats and courteeners as your main indie acts for a festival of this size is an embarrassment. Let's just hope they can pull it out the bag.