Lineup 2018

TITP's main problem was definitely the amount of scumbags that went but I don't think that can necessarily be put down to any particular music. A lot of people would go with little to know interest in the music and every interest in getting fucked up and being morons, so it's reputation got to a point where it was recognised more for 'the sesh' (shudder) than the music. That being said, I mostly enjoyed it when I was there

Edited by El_Mago

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

So hang on, an Indie music band at an Indie music festival attracts bellends?

If that's how you feel then why are you bothering with Indie festivals at all?

There's as many dedicated indie stages as there are dance, rap and rock. R&L is by no means an indie festival. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

So hang on, an Indie music band at an Indie music festival attracts bellends?

If that's how you feel then why are you bothering with Indie festivals at all?

What are you talking about?

R&L isn't an indie festival and I'm talking about one subset of indie acts (the lad rock bands) attracting bellends. There are tons of other indie acts (Wolf Alice, Vampire Weekend, CHVRCHES, etc.) they could book who don't attract these dickheads.

And I only said it to dispel your ridiculous idea that the rap acts might attract too many bellends.

And I'm not going anyway, I wanted to go for the Kendrick day if there was a good undercard but I'm not confident of that at all now.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What are you talking about?

R&L isn't an indie festival and I'm talking about one subset of indie acts (the lad rock bands) attracting bellends. There are tons of other indie acts (Wolf Alice, Vampire Weekend, CHVRCHES, etc.) they could book who don't attract these dickheads.

And I only said it to dispel your ridiculous idea that the rap acts might attract too many bellends.

And I'm not going anyway, I wanted to go for the Kendrick day if there was a good undercard but I'm not confident of that at all now.

Can you very specifically tell me what's wrong with the fans of "lad rock bands"?

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Dudey Rhino's sesh gremlins are gonna get the festival shut down.

He actually gave a really rousing speech on his live stream about how we, the people, can make a positive impact and get the festival back to it's glory days. By tweeting shit at the interns on their social media accounts. 

He then pronounced Dua Lipa like dwaaaaah leepah and I turned off. 

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Can you very specifically tell me what's wrong with the fans of "lad rock bands"?

In my experience they tend to be lout-ish, annoying, close minded to other genres of music, likely to stand there and talk/chant through any acts preceding their favourites if it isn't another lad rock band, and weirdly aggressive. Obviously not all of them are like this but in comparison to fans of other music it's noticeable. They also love throwing cups of piss into crowds for some reason.

Worst crowd I've been in was probably Arctic Monkeys at Don Valley Bowl in 2011. Surrounded by bellends constantly, two of my mates had a lot flare launched inches past their faces into other people in the crowd.

Also at Leeds 2012 I saw Graham Coxon in the NME tent and Courteeners were on afterwards. As we were leaving the tend there were hoards of lads literally fighting their way into the tent like animals. Absolute freaks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

He actually gave a really rousing speech on his live stream about how we, the people, can make a positive impact and get the festival back to it's glory days. By tweeting shit at the interns on their social media accounts. 

He then pronounced Dua Lipa like dwaaaaah leepah and I turned off. 

Fuck sake I watched some of it earlier to see him cry about @Mouseboy11 calling him a melt and those two bits annoyed me too. Was baffled at the Dua Lipa thing.

He also sounded like he was going to burst into tears when he saw the lineup lool.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

In my experience they tend to be lout-ish, annoying, close minded to other genres of music, likely to stand there and talk/chant through any acts preceding their favourites if it isn't another lad rock band, and weirdly aggressive. Obviously not all of them are like this but in comparison to fans of other music it's noticeable. They also love throwing cups of piss into crowds for some reason.

Worst crowd I've been in was probably Arctic Monkeys at Don Valley Bowl in 2011. Surrounded by bellends constantly, two of my mates had a lot flare launched inches past their faces into other people in the crowd.

Also at Leeds 2012 I saw Graham Coxon in the NME tent and Courteeners were on afterwards. As we were leaving the tend there were hoards of lads literally fighting their way into the tent like animals. Absolute freaks.

Someone threw piss on me at a Liam Gallagher gig once. That was pretty annoying. Courteeners gigs are famous for flares but that doesn't really bother me.

3 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Someone threw piss on me at a Liam Gallagher gig once. That was pretty annoying. Courteeners gigs are famous for flares but that doesn't really bother me.

Well no I don't care about flares in general, just someone launching a lit flare into a crowd that's inches away from hitting people in the face.

14 minutes ago, El_Mago said:

TITP's main problem was definitely the amount of scumbags that went but I don't think that can necessarily be put down to any particular music. A lot of people would go with little to know interest in the music and every interest in getting fucked up and being morons, so it's reputation got to a point where it was recognised more for 'the sesh' (shudder) than the music. That being said, I mostly enjoyed it when I was there

I'd probably agree with you with this i went to the last TITP at Strathallan and i was only really seeing two to three acts a day as the lineup didn't intrigue me and it was my first ever festival but there was so many people just staying in the campsite and drinking/ taking drugs(chatted to a few people who said they had only seen two acts the entire weekend) still hope they bring it back with a better lineup tho cause Scotland could really do with a major camping festival cause the camping makes such a difference and adds to the all round experience and its what TRNSMT lacks. I think there's definitely a gap in the market for a festival in Scotland appealing to 18-30s

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well no I don't care about flares in general, just someone launching a lit flare into a crowd that's inches away from hitting people in the face.

I was at that gig. Probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen at a gig and I've seen someone throw a camping chair in the crowd. 

Music festivals died when they became more about fashion and wearing hunter wellies than the music. I've been waiting for the festival fashion parade to die off for years but it doesn't looking like happening anytime soon.