Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just realised that obviously until recently Travis Scott was subbing FOB with Post Malone third down. Can't see them having originally had The Hunna fourth and Don Broco fifth. There's also Nothing But Thieves to fit in but they could be NME subs.

FOB / Travis Scott / Post Malone / Don Broco

Wold Alice / Nothing But Thieves

Kendrick Lamar / PATD / Dua Lipa / The Hunna / Sum-41

The Vaccines / Sigrid

KoL / Corteeners / Skepta / The Wombats

Diplo (closing set) / J Hus

Travis Scott either pulled out and acts shunted up, or being held back for a later announcement.

Can't see any explanation for that poster going out to multiple acts with Travis on, other than him pulling out in the last 48 hours. They surely wouldn't have made up - and sent out - that poster with him on if they'd planned to hold him back.

Friday

Main: FOB / (??) / Post / (??)

NME: Wolf Alice // NBT

Saturday

Main: Kendrick / Panic! at the Disco / Dua  / Sum 41

NME: (??) / Sigrid / Brockhampton 

Sunday

Main: Kings of Leon / Courteeners / Skepta / J Hus

NME: Wombats 

Im sure Friday's sub was originially meant to be Travis Scott but I reckon they'll be holding him back as apposed to him dropping out purely because I don't see why he would. If he has I'd hope theyd try and scramble another one rather than bump everyone up but FR obviously are clueless now  

Just now, Lukie74 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Im sure Friday's sub was originially meant to be Travis Scott but I reckon they'll be holding him back as apposed to him dropping out purely because I don't see why he would. If he has I'd hope theyd try and scramble another one rather than bump everyone up but FR obviously are clueless now  

If they were just holding Travis back why would they make Posts font bigger?

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They've already got a strong NME headliner on Friday night.

And yeah they'd be stupid to put Dua Lipa there.

Yeah if this is Wolf Alice, but I'am guessing they will go to main stage when you look how empty this day is. 

Maybe next announcement they could come with something interesting DJ/Electro like Justice or so. That would make it better looking 

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

DR OK was told they're headlining NME and there still seems to be an NME headliner to come on the Saturday. However Dan Wilcox who seemed to have the best info says The Vaccines are playing and along with The Hunna those slots are running out.

16 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah. Could be the NME headliner if both Dua and Sum 41 are on Main. Doesn't seem likely but not impossible either.

Dream scenario is Main goes King Kenny > Panic > Chvrches > Dua > Wigrid, with Sum 41 as NME headliner, but that would be too convenient to ever happen.

Hmm, would be a shame if they clashed with Kendrick. Reckon a top four of Kendrick Lamar, Panic! At The Disco, Chvrches, Dua Lipa is feasable? The Vaccines and Sigrid in NME with Sum 41 doing The Lock-Up or Pit.

Edited by JSmurphy

1 minute ago, arthuragone said:

Yeah if this is Wolf Alice, but I'am guessing they will go to main stage when you look how empty this day is. 

Maybe next announcement they could come with something interesting DJ/Electro like Justice or so. That would make it better looking 

Justice were sensational at Glastonbury last year. They're always a strong booking

Imagine being me, who surprised his girlfriend for her birthday with tickets to Reading two weeks ago thinking "the line-up is always relatively good" because she's never been to a festival before, then coming into work to this lineup being presented to me.

I'm a very silly person with a £480 hole in his wallet who made a rookie error, let's just pray to whoever that the Lock Up/Pit Stage comes up trumps.

(If there isn't one this year then I'm definitely taking a power bank and my Nintendo Switch)

2 minutes ago, brownsound said:

Imagine being me, who surprised his girlfriend for her birthday with tickets to Reading two weeks ago thinking "the line-up is always relatively good" because she's never been to a festival before, then coming into work to this lineup being presented to me.

I'm a very silly person with a £480 hole in his wallet who made a rookie error, let's just pray to whoever that the Lock Up/Pit Stage comes up trumps.

(If there isn't one this year then I'm definitely taking a power bank and my Nintendo Switch)

Sell em and go download

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I wonder if KoL's set will be 'Only by the Night' heavy, considering it's the 10 year anniversary.

That album killed KoL for me, seen them either side of when they released it and the sudden contrast of the kind of punters watching them was ridiculous. Went from beer-gutted check shirt wearing indie cliches to mini skirted teenagers battering people to get to the stage. 

11 minutes ago, arthuragone said:

We'd heard in advance of today that Wolf Alice were headlining NME and someone else reiterated that info this morning.

10 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Hmm, would be a shame if they clashed with Kendrick. Reckon a top four of Kendrick Lamar, Panic! At The Disco, Chvrches, Dua Lipa is feasable? The Vaccines and Sigrid in NME with Sum 41 doing The Lock-Up or Pit.

Cant see Dua Lipa any lower than third down. Plus the hint we got about CHVRCHES was specifically about them headlining NME.

23 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Gaslight Anthem 4th down on FOB day, Manics or Pixies headlining NME on Kendrick day.

I wouldn't say I've fixed it, but I've given those many cracks a good old papering.

Just now, Chris Vincent said:

Another point to be made is that none of the 5 biggest acts are British, would be interesting to know when, if ever, this has happened before. 

2008. The only act in the top two over the weekend was Bloc Party. Also The Libertines in 2010.

It’s strange how literally adding one act to the bill could make so much difference, I feel like if RandL just added Royal blood as a co headline to FOB then people, including myself, would be far happier

Also why would so many acts that we previously thought were gunna be there pull out 

Edited by Chris Vincent

On 14/01/2018 at 3:28 PM, Dan Wilcox said:

Something about 2 main stages this year. Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood, Kendrick, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco all playing, BMTH been offered a spot also. 

Was this info from the same person who gave the info that turned out to be right? 

If yes, it looks like ID pulled out.

1 minute ago, Chris Vincent said:

It’s strange how literally adding one act to the bill could make so much difference, I feel like if RandL just added Royal blood as a co headline to FOB then people, including myself, would be far happier

TBH I'd still be annoyed, but it wouldnt be recoverable unlike now imo

Just gonna copy my main complaints from reddit:

1. They rebooked a headliner 2 years after they last played which is kinda awful

2. Fall Out Boy if anything have lost popularity since they last played due to how badly Mania was recieved

3. Panic! played 5th down in 2015 and after one album they've been bumped up to coheadline? Kinda crazy

4. KOL imo aren't so hot right now. They dont have any new music and have been getting less and less popular since their debut.

5. There were so many interesting new headliners they could have had. Florence and Paramore both have females in and are about, Royal Blood must be available and would be a great new headliner, BMTH would have been acceptable. Heck, even Imagine Dragons would have been a better booking and they're shit

6. There were way more bigger headliners that they could have gotten. Both Foos and Arctics were on the cards for this year and got neither. Green Day have nothing on and would have been a great booking etc.

7. 23/54 acts are rap... Thats nearly half the bill is rap at supposedly a rock festival. I aint even one of those hardcore rap fans, but c'mon that's too much (Even 1/4 rap may have been too much for a first announcement). At this point it is a shitty Wireless with some crap indie rock bands that were big 10 years ago.

Hi! Been following this thread for a while and after the disappointment that has been today I thought id make an account and post an idea about how this lineup could still be saved (you know given if the highly doubtable 6 headliner rumour turns out to be true). The 2 stages rumour is pulling strings extremely and not gonna happen, but something has to save the bare horror that is Fall Out Boy headlining with Post Malone subbing. here goes (for LEEDS btw) x

FRI

MAIN 1 - Royal Blood(or Paramore) / Skepta / Twenty One Pilots (??)

MAIN 2 - Kings Of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats

NME - MGMT (??) / Khalid (??) / Jhus

DANCE - Diplo / Hannah Wants

SAT

MAIN 1 - Arctic Monkeys (Do not scream at me xxx) / Travis Scott / Foster the People (??)

MAIN 2 - Fall Out Boy / Post Malone / Don Broco

NME - Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves / Editors

DANCE - Annie Mac

SUN

MAIN 1 - Kendrick Lamar / Dua Lipa / (??)

Main 2 - Panic! / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Hunna 

NME - The Vaccines / Sigrid / (??)

DANCE - Jax Jones

Complete guesses based on acts that have previously been suggested on here. Take out Arctic Monkeys (or Foos in that position but I don’t see Foos happening now with KoL) and tweak to knowledge of lineups I really don’t think this idea is TOO unrealistic and this at least for me would be a class lineup, especially considering whats been announced today is only like 20% of the lineup. I don’t have too much knowledge of lineup positioning so this might seem a bit messy, but why not. This is lacking the traditional rock too but I’m not too sure on bands to fit in.