Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I feel like I'd enjoy it much more if I wasn't so let down myself. Some of it is genuinely gold though, like the people who had convinced themselves that it would be an Oasis reunion oh lord

I equally feel let down, but the Arctics/Oasis meltdown is fantastic.

Just a few things:

1) FAB main success is on 2006 with a 9 position on Billboard, so how is it possible to be headliner of fucking R&L?

2) in my opinion KOL are great on studio album, but very very weak live band;

3) Panic cannot headline even a party in my fuckin house.

Other than that, reading is magic so I'm fuckin goin there :D

A journalist I follow on twitter made a great point: 

‘Whether it's still a rock festival or not is kinda moot, I think. It's a festival based more around what's popular at the time than it is any one genre and that's fair enough. Clinging onto nostalgia for what it was is pointless, just go to a rock festival instead if you want.

That said, wouldn’t it be nice if they picked rock bands that actually represented the exciting shit going on in the genre rn? Weird that they book the best of the best of other genres seemingly every year, but our representatives in 2018 are Sum 41 and Hollywood Undead.’ 

I think that is spot on.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Festival No 6 announces at 12, let's hope that's the saviour in terms of today's lineups

Lovebox has already saved the day.

Friday’s lineup includes Skepta, Anderson .Paak, Mabel, DAVE, Jacob Banks, Vince Staples, Bicep, Floorplan, Jackmaster, Peggy Gou, Kerri Chandler, Motor City Drum Ensemble and Moxie.

Saturday sees Childish Gambino, Pharrell Williams with N*E*R*D, The Internet, Big Boi, Mura Masa, Action Bronson, Jon Hopkins, Denis Sulta, Solardo, Mall Grab, Camelphat and Green Velvet perform. 

Lots of people talking about how they are changing the line up to fit in with the younger festival goers, but me and my mates are sixteen and we all think it is a shit line up. I think FR are naive in thinking that bands like Foo fighters would not bring in a young audience. And if they were thinking along them lines then why would they get KOL

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Lovebox has already saved the day.

Friday’s lineup includes Skepta, Anderson .Paak, Mabel, DAVE, Jacob Banks, Vince Staples, Bicep, Floorplan, Jackmaster, Peggy Gou, Kerri Chandler, Motor City Drum Ensemble and Moxie.

Saturday sees Childish Gambino, Pharrell Williams with N*E*R*D, The Internet, Big Boi, Mura Masa, Action Bronson, Jon Hopkins, Denis Sulta, Solardo, Mall Grab, Camelphat and Green Velvet perform. 

Where's this? 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

‘Whether it's still a rock festival or not is kinda moot, I think. It's a festival based more around what's popular at the time than it is any one genre and that's fair enough. Clinging onto nostalgia for what it was is pointless, just go to a rock festival instead if you want.

That said, wouldn’t it be nice if they picked rock bands that actually represented the exciting shit going on in the genre rn? Weird that they book the best of the best of other genres seemingly every year, but our representatives in 2018 are Sum 41 and Hollywood Undead.’ 

I think that is spot on.

Exactly. People expect a degree of new stuff and that's not what is pissing people off. It's the irrelevant acts that are the big problem.

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

It's definitely coming back - 100% under a new name.

Well with everyone saying (as they do every year) that this is the new V Festival, it's tough to imagine what the actual V Festival will turn into. The new Reading and Leeds?

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think that is spot on.

Yep and also as said above (by Chris Vincent) why throw Kings of Leon in there?  Weird mix.

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

No I mean where's it been announced? I'm aware of it and got tickets for Frank last year but couldn't go. Just haven't seen them announce it on any social media yet.

https://secretldn.com/lovebox-festival-lineup-information/

This article had the list of acts, but they've since deleted them. Presumably because the announcement isn't meant to be till later.

8 minutes ago, Chris Vincent said:

Lots of people talking about how they are changing the line up to fit in with the younger festival goers, but me and my mates are sixteen and we all think it is a shit line up. I think FR are naive in thinking that bands like Foo fighters would not bring in a young audience. And if they were thinking along them lines then why would they get KOL

This is so true. Most of the younger people who usually opt for RandL prefer indie/rock music. There are hardly any relevant guitar bands on the lineup. And what is the point in waiting this long to announce a lineup that is so hip-hop heavy when most of that audience have probably bought tickets for wireless or parklife?! 

Edited by George Minshall
  • Upvote 1