Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Fair play. What were the other suggestions? I know some people mentioned 21 Pilots as subs which is ridiculous, they are shit

You aren’t wrong about them being shit, but they’re being heavily tipped to headline next year along with The 1975 

Just now, danz026 said:

Fake, Frank Turner would never be announced without the sleeping souls. I also don’t think he’s big enough to sub, even though I do like him a lot and think he’s an underrated live act. I like Noel headlining but really don’t think he’s popular enough. 

Noel headlining Tramlines and Leeds in the same run would be hilarious.

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Certainly quality.

Size of acts? Kendrick's probably the biggest name in his genre right now (certainly top 2), Foos are still one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Arctic Monkeys one of the best bookings any UK festival could make. And I'd view Royal Blood as a strong booking on the basis that they're a new British band still on the rise and will (probably) go on to greater things. 

I'd agree that a combination of AM/Foos/Kendrick would be the strongest they've had in aaaaages, but that clearly ain't happening. I was talking about Royal Blood being included in the combination, and although I'd agree that they're fresh and on the rise, I'm not sure them being one of the three would make the lineup stronger in terms of headliners than last year.

Just now, danz026 said:

Fake, Frank Turner would never be announced without the sleeping souls. I also don’t think he’s big enough to sub, even though I do like him a lot and think he’s an underrated live act. I like Noel headlining but really don’t think he’s popular enough. 

He's often leaked his apprearaces at R&L by accident, I remember him on Danny's Wallace's XFM show.

Not a Sub though

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

He's often leaked his apprearaces at R&L by accident, I remember him on Danny's Wallace's XFM show.

Not a Sub though

He’ll be on the lineup almost certainly. Think 2017 was his first time off in a decade, and he has a new album out. Wouldn’t even shock me if he does a set with the sleeping souls and another one with Mongol Horde. But not a sub and probably not even third down. 

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

He might be, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It’s almost a certainty IMO. New album out in May, he’s very much a regular at R&L, not an expensive booking, doesn’t demand high slots and is popular. There’s not really any reason it won’t happen. Only question is whether it’s just FTATSS or will Mongol Horde also be doing a set. 

To be fair a set of cardboard cutouts for KOL would do the trick fine and save a hell of a lot of dosh. Would be a poor booking.

All the other mentioned names seem very appealing indeed. 

Though I’ve heard Kendrick being notoriously expensive to book I think R+L would be mad not to book him. Tremendous appreciation amongst all kinds of music fans, failing not to mention the younger newer demographic that is keen on the rap/hip hop/grime.

I think if the new 2 stage format goes ahead it’ll open us up for the likelihood of more Co headlining. Household R+L names who might not occupy the full headliner status. Royal Blood, I know Alt-j are at Latitude but that kind of act, XX.

The third evening I have not a clue

I don’t think I’ll be disappointed but I’m not expecting much at all.