Lineup 2018

On 1/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, huntyyy said:

I heard that Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy and Royal Blood were all playing. I thought it sounded like a weak set of headliners and wasn't convinced, but considering Dan had mentioned two stages & Fall Out Boy I thought it sounded realistic.

No reason you can't have Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy, Royal Blood, Paramore, Foo Fighters and Kendrick Lamar all playing. You've got 2 (very) Strong Headliners and 4 (very) Strong Subs / Weak Headliners there. 

Edit: I believe that the Foo Fighters are not playing this year.

8 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Just wondering, why have you left it a day before the announcement to say that you heard foos are not playing? Surely, if you heard that news you would of said it way before? Obviously depending on when you heard it. 

I mentioned it on 16th Jan, but I'm never 100% sure on what I hear because it isn't always right.

1 minute ago, festivalsaregood said:

Nah, it wasn't. Could be wrong now, but it was correct at one point at least.

When you say it was correct, was it your understanding that they'd all been booked or they were the acts in talks of being headliners?

I'll be shocked if Royal Blood aren't at least coheadliners. Would be a huge miss for the festival. Only way I could see it happening is if somewhere else has got them as exclusives, but there's not really many festivals left where that could be the case (Bestival & TRNSMT are the only two that spring to mind).

Although I'd still be shocked, I can believe that Foos may not definitely be there. Fair if AM are headlining instead of them, but there seems to have been so much info against them that it makes it less believable.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

When you say it was correct, was it your understanding that they'd all been booked or they were the acts in talks of being headliners?

Yeah, I was told it as though they were confirmed and haven't heard anything since. It might be that I just haven't heard and it has now all changed or it could still be correct. I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning!

1 minute ago, festivalsaregood said:

Yeah, I was told it as though they were confirmed and haven't heard anything since. It might be that I just haven't heard and it has now all changed or it could still be correct. I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning!

If you trust your source and they were booked then it'll be odd if it's all changed. Of course it's pretty hard to predict, but I can't really see why any of those three would have dropped out for anything to have changed. They've all been announced for other festivals over summer so if the info was correct then I'd imagine it's still correct now.

On 24/05/2016 at 3:20 AM, Gucci Piggy said:

So on balance, I'd say Kendrick Lamar (possibly co-headlining with another act), Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

Also @PastRecedes will need to hand his crown to Will for long term predictions if it is Flo/AM/Kendrick.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If you trust your source and they were booked then it'll be odd if it's all changed. Of course it's pretty hard to predict, but I can't really see why any of those three would have dropped out for anything to have changed. They've all been announced for other festivals over summer so if the info was correct then I'd imagine it's still correct now.

I definitely trust him so yeah, I'm fairly confident with my prediction but I just didn't want to make it seem like I know for 100% certain. 

Just now, TornShaun said:

Will be worse for me than the disappointment of last years 3 headliners!

I'd be happy with it tbf. I'd have preferred Foos over AM, and think Royal Blood should be given the bump up to headliner status, but I'd also be happy with Florence as well so.

Can understand why some may be a bit underwhelmed though if they're expecting at least one act to be something rockier. Ya never know, maybe AM have gone down the death metal route with this new album.

3 minutes ago, DR OK said:

He is set to be the msot expensive headliner booked by reading. What you have to remember though is that its effectively two shows and that over time with inflation people get more expensive. My view is that after they missed out on AM and didn't book Foos they decided they didnt have much choice but to pay it. 

Is this based on information or is it just a guess?

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'd be happy with it tbf. I'd have preferred Foos over AM, and think Royal Blood should be given the bump up to headliner status, but I'd also be happy with Florence as well so.

Can understand why some may be a bit underwhelmed though if they're expecting at least one act to be something rockier. Ya never know, maybe AM have gone down the death metal route with this new album.

I just want one rock type of headliner and i'll be happy!

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

AM/Kendrick/Flo will be disappointing for me. Just all the talk about foos and then for them not to even be there will suck. Plus no Royal Blood. Just cant get my head around the fact of Foos and Royal Blood not being there. Doesnt make sense to me. Sorry but fuck AM out of it. They got 2019 or 2020. 

Who will be more annoyed if Foos aren't there, you or Edduk98?

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'll be shocked if Royal Blood aren't at least coheadliners. Would be a huge miss for the festival. Only way I could see it happening is if somewhere else has got them as exclusives, but there's not really many festivals left where that could be the case (Bestival & TRNSMT are the only two that spring to mind).

I'm the same and I'm not holding a torch for them, given a half decent option on another stage and I might not even bother watching them - but it seems such an obvious fit for FR to bump up an upcoming British rock band who could be repeat headliners for them in the future.  I can't believe their management have sat planning this campaign to conclude with: "and then lads, to finish the tour, we've locked you in on a UK exclusive to headline.......... BESTIVAL!" and for them to high five like all their dreams have come true.

Just now, Lukie74 said:

They'd be contracted to keep quiet and I imagine their pay check is quite large 

My thoughts exactly. Maybe combined with a contract at TRNSMT to allow ticket sales to go through there earlier? Not sure how much pulling power they have vs Fest Rep.

AM, Kendrick and Florence would be perfect for me, though I would love Foos or Royal Blood instead of the AM. Been wanting to see Florence live for ages, I've heard Kendrick puts on quite a performance, and I've been really getting back into AM recently. Plus, I've seen Foos and RB live before (they're both fantastic though so can't complain if it's them).

• Upvote 2