Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Unsure of the legitimacy of this but if it's the case this album may be even more of a letdown than I was previously anticipating. 

Despite not minding most of those artists, collating with AM isn't for me at all. 

Might not be true but worth bringing up. 

image.png

Not a chance. They've never done anything like that before. 

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Not sure you can even collaborate with DJ Khaled? Considering he is literally just a brand for bringing lots of famous pop starts together (he doesn't do any of the producing etc.)

Hold up a second. What. So DJ Khaled literally just shouts "DJ KHALED" and "WE THE BEST MUSIC", makes money and acts like he's behind it all? He's literally a puppet jfc my whole life is a lie.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Hold up a second. What. So DJ Khaled literally just shouts "DJ KHALED" and "WE THE BEST MUSIC", makes money and acts like he's behind it all? He's literally a puppet jfc my whole life is a lie.

WTF dude, you forgot his most important line "Another One"

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Not a chance. They've never done anything like that before. 

Exactly, can see Alex tryna penetrate another market and 'revolutionise' rock. Think they sort of know whatever they produce the new wave of indie kids will lap it up. Still a bit dismayed about how poor that 5th album was yet how greatly it was received so I feel the same could definitely happen again with this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

What? He’s the puppet master if anything. His adlibs are just brand recognition but there’s obviously a reason why he has been getting huge names on his tracks since day one.

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Exactly, can see Alex tryna penetrate another market and 'revolutionise' rock. Think they sort of know whatever they produce the new wave of indie kids will lap it up. Still a bit dismayed about how poor that 5th album was yet how greatly it was received so I feel the same could definitely happen again with this one.

Ah so this is what people have been saying about the ‘new direction’. It’s clearly just a windup for overly sensitive fans.

Just now, dentalplan said:

What? He’s the puppet master if anything. His adlibs are just brand recognition but there’s obviously a reason why he has been getting huge names on his tracks since day one.

I assumed it was more he was the face of it being told what to do, act and stuff like that and essentially being controlled, but yeah scrap that you're right.

4 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Unsure of the legitimacy of this but if it's the case this album may be even more of a letdown than I was previously anticipating. 

Despite not minding most of those artists, collating with AM isn't for me at all. 

Might not be true but worth bringing up. 

image.png

this is just a windup as stated, but tbf playboi carti did save music

Saw the Sherlocks last night in London.  They might seem like twats for photoshopping themselves up the lineup but at the gig their frontman seems like such humble, nice guy. The moshing was crazy they really do know how to get a crowd going. And they had sound issues for about 15 mins straight yet they still tried to carry on in some way like they just started playing the chords to don't look back in anger and just got the crowd to sing along while they fixed the sound. Didn't even look for a second like they even thought about calling the gig off. Definitely FR headliner imo. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Saw the Sherlocks last night in London.  They might seem like twats for photoshopping themselves up the lineup but at the gig their frontman seems like such humble, nice guy. The moshing was crazy they really do know how to get a crowd going. And they had sound issues for about 15 mins straight yet they still tried to carry on in some way like they just started playing the chords to don't look back in anger and just got the crowd to sing along while they fixed the sound. Didn't even look for a second like they even thought about calling the gig off. Definitely FR headliner imo. 

I think they will 100% Headline R&L. 

Edit - Glad you had fun :)

Edited by The All Round Ball :|
  • Downvote 7

23 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I can confirm he's not. :ph34r::lol:

I had a dream last night that the main stage headliners were The Smashing Pumpkins, Kendrick Lamar and Foo Fighters. The NME headliners were Pendulum, Portishead and J Hus. Also LCD Soundsystem subbed Kendrick and Royal Blood headlined Festival Republic.

Take that as you will, I know a lot of you won't believe me but I did dream that the 2017 headliners would be Kasabian, Eminem and Muse way before any announcement so I kinda trust it. I guess we'll find out soon if I'm right or not.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

50 minutes ago, R Shah said:

This is such a sesh gremlin post lol

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Upvote 11