Lineup 2018

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

With Dizzee Rascal being announced for SW4 I reckon he could be in with a shot. I know his last album was pretty well recieved, have no idea how relavent he is nowadays tho lol

‘Temptation Greets You Like Your Naughty Friend".

edit down votes in coming...

Edited by Bromhead
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Saw this on Facebook.

Cant be real due to The Prodigy playing but a good attempt. 

E6A023EE-48A9-4810-A3C0-46FA6326D82D.jpeg

May as well critique it while I'm here

- Vaccines wouldn't sub, they'd be third down or NME headliner (i'd swap them with Travis)

- Doubt Rag N Bone man will ever be back

- Walk The Moon? At Reading?

- Everything Everything are headlining lost Cavern so were ruled out (and have since been announced for Victorious too)

- Creeper are way too low. Their spotify numbers may be fairly low but they always get good slots at festivals

- Circa Waves returning a year later to play a slot lower? Defo not happening

- Tyler, The Creator is still banned

- Prodigy wouldn't take NME headliner and tbh would be too big for it at this point. They'd be perfect for a sub, but I think they're sticking to headlining smaller fests atm

- Weezer is too low, they'd play 3rd down main

- Pixies is defo too low, IF they play I reckon they'd be 2nd/3rd main

- Frank Turner is too low, he'd be at least 3rd on the NME

- I think you pretty much just copied my previous dance stage lineup, so not much to say is wrong :P Other than I think Annie Mac is probably too big for that slot

- Think the Lock Up/Pit lineup is also a rip from mine - Apparently it is Black Peaks not Black Peas btw

- Hozier would be a weird booking for R&L, and if he did play I'd expect he'd get a better slot too

- No idea about 1xtra, tbh looks like a paste of mine too other than Michael Dapaah, who I think in that instance would go by Big Shaq (at least that is what he is billed as for longitude)

I never quite understood why Foos were so highly rumoured as they’re playing 3 stadium shows, if anything that surely makes them less likely. I’ve been told that it’s definitely not them for reasons that I imagine will become apparent later on in the year.

Take what I said or leave it, I know how much bs gets posted on this forum. But it was told to me by someone I trust. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bingofishy said:

I never quite understood why Foos were so highly rumoured as they’re playing 3 stadium shows, if anything that surely makes them less likely. I’ve been told that it’s definitely not them for reasons that I imagine will become apparent later on in the year.

Take what I said or leave it, I know how much bs gets posted on this forum. But it was told to me by someone I trust. 

Fair enough mentioning what you've heard.

The stadium shows seem limited though, as they usually do more and they didn't add any more when they inevitably sold out on the morning. Plus there's a big hole in their US tour where they could come back in August and also do a Scottish show, which is also unusually missing. That's why they've been pretty strongly suggested since those tickets went on sale.

7 minutes ago, Bingofishy said:

People think that doesnt matter as the shows sold out so quickly and they didnt add any more dates (even though there is room in the schedule to add more dates). Kendrick is doing a tour too, but they sold out pretty damn quick too (other than the VIP seats) and he didnt add any extra either.

Plus there is the gap in the touring schedule in August, it's been 6 years since they last played and Dave loves playing in the UK (I think I remember reading that he said that R&L was his fave fest to play).

If they aint playing I'd be pretty surprised, but I'm sure they have something else planned for the UK

EDIT: ninja'd by denatal

Edited by Mattymooz