Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Samjones said:

Probably but white lies said they were announcing the festival tonight so?

They also originally thought they would be announcing it on Friday. Seems like it's either been pushed back twice for whatever reason or White Lies were misinformed about when the actual announcement would be and prematurely tweeted.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

On 23/05/2016 at 5:23 PM, PastRecedes said:

I've been thinking about this all day and couldn't resist making the thread.

Foo Fighters
Arctic Monkeys
Kendrick Lamar

Also possible - Green Day or Florence & the Machine

Crazy how in almost two years the first prediction is still a perfectly feasible line up. (pls dont make this another "anybody who thinks AM will be there is an idiot and i will laugh in thier pewnie little face when it is not" or "AM are definately going to be there but you have to paypal me 20quid for the evidence" debate, i mearly wanted to point this out.)

37 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

If the new album is a total fail (coming from a hard core monkeys fan point of view) then yeah they will probably call it a day, and maybe do a big ruinion in the future... but if the album goes well then Alex will probably shave that beard and they will carry on till the next album, foos are in there 50s? Or 40s? And still rocking! Same with the rolling stones! so if they just keep getting bigger and bigger then dont see why they would stop, but then again Turner could go solo (again) xx

Dave just turned 49, Taylor’s 45, Pat Smear is 58 and still playing so don’t write AM off yet 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AG19972017 said:

Anyone think there is even a small chance that Gambino will play?

Would be great but I don’t think they’d book Travis and him and Travis looks likely ish I guess, and even if they don’t book T then Gambino is probably unlikely 

5 minutes ago, Lilia2.72 said:

Ah thank you! Wanted to see them live for ages. Fingers crossed :)

Yeah I'd absolutely love to see them. There's a video of them performing 1998 (Delicious) in it's entirety during a secret set on the introducing stage and it looks amazing. It's one of my all time favourite songs haha.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Custard320 said:

I highly doubt it seeing as Radio 1 (daytime at least) is much more fussed on building up their Big Weekend; the whole 'Janslam' month would have been the time to do an announcement. Also isn't it more Annie Macs job to announce this sort of thing?

Either way Paramore would most likely be a co-headliner and surely you wouldn't be having that as a first announcement?!

Hmm just a thought I guess.

Paramore as a first announcement would be shit dude.

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

Just a guess that they've all got kids and by the end of the tour they'll be right enough and old enough that a few might be tempted to pack it in. Can't see Alex turner stopping every but if a couple of them want to then there's not much they can do. By the end of the touring cycle they'll be 35 so realistically 36/7 by the next album and they might not want to do it

I see where you're coming from but I think they'll just have longer between each album cycle, as we have already seen with the wait for the 6th album. I don't think they'll ever go back to the 1/2 year gap they had for the first five albums.