Lineup 2018

21 minutes ago, Aech said:

Yeah that makes them all the more likely for R&L then I suppose, who's the favourite for the last TRNSMT headliner?

Jack white has a show on the 4th and 7th so he could, but then surely it would have been announced at the same time as his other dates ? 

I originally thought QOTSA because their finsbury park show wasn't UK exclusive , but they have a show somewhere else now on the 6th.

Pearl Jam have a free day, but again they've already seemingly announced their whole Europe festival schedule.

Maybe a smaller headliner like the libertines bc arctics and killers must've both been quite expensive to book.

Depeche mode maybe?

NGHFB could play too; Liam is on the first weekend so booking them both on different weekends would probably be okay. 

Can't think of anyone else really for TRNSMT

32 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It isn't as rigid as you're making it out to be. Both Eminem and Muse are huge headliners and could easily be the biggest headliner in any given year. Kasabian are probably a mid-level headliner. Last year's trio was just a stronger trio than usual.

I agree that Muse aren't on the same level as Foos or AM but they're still in the top bracket.

Okay fair enough I see what you mean in comparison to 2015 and 16 where rhcp and Metallica were very significantly above the other two , maybe it's just because muse seemed to be basically everywhere between 2015-17 that I just grew a bit tired of seeing them announced at every festival that my opinion of their status dropped a bit.

Edited by R Shah

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

NME did article on Smashing Pumpkins and said dates are coming up in 'coming months' could they headline or is it more likely a Download next year?

Yeah I got really excited about this and brought it up a few days back , But realistically I don't think they'll ever play reading again. Just woudlnt appeal . Download 2019 w BMTH and someone else would be epic. Maybe a UK arena tour sometime late 2018/early 2019 as they're defo planning a reunion tour.

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Yeah I got really excited about this and brought it up a few days back , But realistically I don't think they'll ever play reading again. Just woudlnt appeal . Download 2019 w BMTH and someone else would be epic. Maybe a UK arena tour sometime late 2018/early 2019 as they're defo planning a reunion tour.

Wouldn't appeal would be so good. Clutching at straws and laughing to myself may be a reunion act and why its taking so long :P 

2 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the White Lies UK festival announcement at all ? Said it was going to be this Monday, but nothing tweeted by them or anything...

Probably 6 or 7PM, Bet its Kendal or something like that. Would be quite naive for it to think it would be RandL.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@randlfan Right so we know what you think for 2020 so whats your final prediction or insight for this year?

You want final predictions and insight for Reading and Leeds 2018? You've come to the right guy my friend.

For just a small PayPal payment of £15 I'll disclose the full email my friends aunt sent, along with a video message from my uncle Ben Thatcher of Royal Blood, self confirming their headline at the festival this year! (Spoilers, he has some harsh words about DudeyRhino too!! :o).

DM me if you want any more info, I should have the leaked lineup poster by the end of this week as well.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, randlfan said:

You want final predictions and insight for Reading and Leeds 2018? You've come to the right guy my friend.

For just a small PayPal payment of £15 I'll disclose the full email my friends aunt sent, along with a video message from my uncle Ben Thatcher of Royal Blood, self confirming their headline at the festival this year! (Spoilers, he has some harsh words about DudeyRhino too!! :o).

DM me if you want any more info, I should have the leaked lineup poster by the end of this week as well.

I hope, for your sake, you've not been chatting bollocks for a while just to get a measly £15 out of a poor someone 

• Upvote 1