Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that foos are less likely now? Just recently seen a few comments saying that they are less likely. I dont think so but would like to see what people think. 

They are less likely now that Arctics are more likely, but my money is still on Foos tho

If the headliners are Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (or Paramore), Kendrick and Foos then it could be the first time in a fair few years that all the headliners are actually British festival exclusives (bar maybe R1BW). Can't really see any of those headliners making an appearance elsewhere, although I suppose it's a bit too soon to say.

From a quick google the last time the festival had 3 exclusives was 2013, although Biffy did play R1BW.

Okay I have no idea what happened then but a friend of mine who knows the guys from Embrace said that they’d been contacted but not booked for R&L, but that he thinks AM are playing. Honestly have no idea how reliable this is but thought I’d share anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, C14S said:

Okay I have no idea what happened then but a friend of mine who knows the guys from Embrace said that they’d been contacted but not booked for R&L, but that he thinks AM are playing. Honestly have no idea how reliable this is but thought I’d share anyway.

Are they saying that Embrace were contacted in an attempt to book them for R+L? Cos if so, chuck that out straight away.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Are they saying that Embrace were contacted in an attempt to book them for R+L? Cos if so, chuck that out straight away.

I’m honestly not sure but they’re def not playing I can tell u that lol

edit: and thank fuck for that

Edited by C14S

EDIT - Just realised I misread this and it doesn't actually say Loyle Carner is exclusive to Field Day, so he's still a possibility for R&L.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 13.36.09.png

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, iEJB said:

Truck Festival announcement Wednesday! Any hopes of getting a R/L announcement this week or is it still looking like brits week?

IMO, I feel we will get some sort of announcement. Maybe an announcement for the lineup announcement but I cant see them saying twice in one week "the first announcement coming soon" and not put anything out this week. But hopefully we get some sort of information :) 

17 hours ago, R_Jarmanofficial said:

Me and Gary were having a chat and for obvious reasons, we really can’t reveal anything until an official announcement has been made by the fest. However, we can say we’re very excited about who we’ve been told is subbing us in The Pit, a very promising American band. I really can’t say much more, but keep your eyes peeled :)

oi jarman cheers for the beer at oval space u left it on stage and I was skint at the time so ur roadie lemme finish it. Lovely drop 

1 minute ago, Bromhead said:

I keep thinking that aswell. would be very odd if they played 0. 

logic 

1) the line up announcement is delayed because they haven't released their UK tour dates yet 

2) they can't play 0 major English festivals 

3) they are THE R and L band in terms of who they attract and how they are marketed (not as much as a pertinent point than the others but true nonetheless)

someone pls explain why they are being dismissed as a headliner? If so revert to point 1 and 2 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1