Lineup 2018

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Rereading it I realise it's 100% bollocks. Everyone forget I posted that.

Well, it's the same as what @Dan Wilcox told us about a month ago. A small chance they've got info from the same channel or something or other, quite a larger chance that they've absorbed it from here and put it on there. Dunno why their source needed a post-it note to remember names.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, it's the same as what @Dan Wilcox told us about a month ago. A small chance they've got info from the same channel or something or other, quite a larger chance that they've absorbed it from here and put it on there. Dunno why their source needed a post-it note to remember names.

Doesn't have Imagine Dragons and the two main stages stuff, though. 

Do you think we could still have the announcements spaced out in the same way as 2014-17? (About 11 acts each time) I'm just thinking there are festivals like download in early June who only had about 20 artists announced until last week. The full poster was just announced with the festival being just over 4 months away. What's to say they coudlnt do the same with reading and we don't get a full poster till late April maybe ?

Edited by R Shah

1 hour ago, ping-pong said:

What about Jorja Smith?

She's gaining a lot of popularity and still could be alternative enough to suit a Reading audience.

I do think she could be there. I have her around 4th down on the 1Xtra but she could easily do mid NME.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Doesn't have Imagine Dragons and the two main stages stuff, though. 

I see. It's pretty exhausting the amount of conflicting rumours going around. Why do people even bother bullshitting this stuff?

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do you think we could still have the announcements spaced out in the same way as 2014-17? (About 11 acts each time) I'm just thinking there are festivals like download in early June who only had about 20 artists announced until last week. The full poster was just announced with the festival being just over 4 months away. What's to say they coudlnt do the same with reading and we don't get a full poster till late April maybe ?

They need to do day splits for day tickets, I suppose. The ones pre-2013 weren't comprehensive or anything. Most of the main stage, some of the NME stage, barely scratched the surface of the other ones so if they're going back to that then they're not exactly blowing their whole load right away.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

FoB

oMG

Hi all, been following this thread for a while, thought I'd chip in with a few thoughts. 

I saw Royal Blood on tour in Reading (Rivermead :rolleyes:) in November and in between songs Mike said "I feel like I'm on the main stage of Reading Festival already

Not sure if there is anything in this but could be a clue? 

Also, I was wondering if Iron Maiden might be an outsider - they're on tour in August - although they already have 6 UK dates so seems unlikely - plus it's been a long time since they last played, not sure how relevant they are to the fest crowd nowadays. 

Alice In Chains is another one. They're on tour in Europe in July but no UK dates announced..

Black Peaks look like they have a new album out this year at some point, headlining 'Macmillan Fest' on 1st Sept  - they might be in the mix. 

Thanks to whoever recommended Greta Van Fleet, loving them! Hope they end up on the line up. 

33 minutes ago, Capes said:

Hi all, been following this thread for a while, thought I'd chip in with a few thoughts. 

I saw Royal Blood on tour in Reading (Rivermead :rolleyes:) in November and in between songs Mike said "I feel like I'm on the main stage of Reading Festival already

Not sure if there is anything in this but could be a clue? 

Also, I was wondering if Iron Maiden might be an outsider - they're on tour in August - although they already have 6 UK dates so seems unlikely - plus it's been a long time since they last played, not sure how relevant they are to the fest crowd nowadays. 

Alice In Chains is another one. They're on tour in Europe in July but no UK dates announced..

Black Peaks look like they have a new album out this year at some point, headlining 'Macmillan Fest' on 1st Sept  - they might be in the mix. 

Thanks to whoever recommended Greta Van Fleet, loving them! Hope they end up on the line up. 

That Royal Blood thing is worth mentioning, cheers. He has played it before but as you've pointed out, I dunno what 'already' would indicate. Bands do seem to do this erroneously now and then though - I think Stone Sour kept saying something similar about this year's Download and they're not there. :P

Alice in Chains would be an outside option but I think their early summer dates probably mean they're away before R+L. Iron Maiden I don't see even being a possibility nowadays - they just don't seem to have the crossover appeal and respect that older metal/rock headliners such as Metallica and GNR have. I'm sure it'd sell a lot of day tickets like but it wouldn't go down well outside their existing fanbase.