Lineup 2018

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also this is the week before r&l in tokyo. I know people have played both fests before, but it makes some acts (IAMDDB, Mastodon, Marmozets, Pale Waves, Sherlocks, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County etc.) slightly less likely I guess

IMG_20180201_031807.thumb.jpg.64bfed4ffb1f7e4216cea4b964036056.jpg

I'd say it doesn't change much tbf as atleast the British ones won't be doing much else over there so should be back for fests right? Most of the ones mentioned seem really likely for R&L.

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I'd say it doesn't change much tbf as atleast the British ones won't be doing much else over there so should be back for fests right? Most of the ones mentioned seem really likely for R&L.

You're right, the British bands will just go out there and back, and it won't make much difference.  Incidentally I'm sure the line-up for that festival used to be stronger, there may be more names to add I guess.

Just stick on notifications for R&L's official Twitter. They're not going to drop the lineup out of the blue. Almost every time a poster does leak it's from an artist accidentally announcing it prematurely themselves. It's not going to be to from someones Snapchat or Twitter account. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park is going to get a big slot on the NME isn’t he. 

See, I did that when I saw the announcement yesterday. I could be wrong but has he ever performed a solo show before? I searched him up on setlist.fm and couldn't find anything. If he's going to be playing Linkin Park stuff then I can see that happening. I'd be there. 

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Guys, say foo fighters dont headline, do you think they will be back at some point? Quite desperate to see them and dont want this to be a last chance for me to see them :/

No. They will never ever come back to the UK. Your screwed.

3 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Guys, say foo fighters dont headline, do you think they will be back at some point? Quite desperate to see them and dont want this to be a last chance for me to see them :/

100% I'd say they're still pretty nailed on for this year but if for some reason it doesn't happen, next year is a must. No way they wouldn't do R+L on this album cycle

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

See, I did that when I saw the announcement yesterday. I could be wrong but has he ever performed a solo show before? I searched him up on setlist.fm and couldn't find anything. If he's going to be playing Linkin Park stuff then I can see that happening. I'd be there. 

He's on that Summer Sonic lineup I posted earlier for a solo set